Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Worst Collectables

This is a discussion on Worst Collectables within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Red faction guerilla had so much collectibles...

PRO Member

Red faction guerilla had so much collectibles

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Katamari Forever would like a word with you. 4143 collectibles in total requiring multiple playthroughs of a level. There is no definitive guide for all items (at least there wasn't when I played it) and wait till you have to get Devil Kataoka and Cowbear.

Bionic Commando because of the checkpoint system I've heard. Miss one and accidentally trigger a checkpoint save, means you have to restart the game entirely.

GTA4 pigeons (not to mention unique jumps as well)

LBP prize bubbles. Some were tricky because I had to contort my hands to use 2 controllers for 2-3 and 4 player bubbles.

LA Noire golden reels are well hidden and getting all cars isn't simple.

Brutal Legend is a collect fest, but nothing too annoying.

inFamous shards are WAY overrated (if you have a map). I was missing 14 by the end of the game, and it took me just under 3 hours crossing out each mark on a map to get them all. Annoying, yes, but others are much much worse.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Lvl 2 - Bronze

[top]Another notable mention is the Academic Rank: Monster Professor fragment in Final Fantasy 13-2. For this fragment you have to battle, and defeat every single monster in the game at least once. Many come naturally with exceptional exploration while others require hrs of leveling up you and your monster allies just to stand a chance of winning. Many are hidden in paradoxes and obtaining this fragment is usually the last major bit of clean up before PLATINUM.

Ghost Assassin

Just Cause 2 had a huge map and I couldn't be bothered to find like 300 collectibles. In Rage, you had to play the whole game perfectly and not miss a single card/schematic/minigame/sidemission in order to get the gold trophy for it. Infamous wasn't too bad, but it can be a very frustrating when your last shard is on top of the tallest building and your shard sense won't pick it up.

Edit: Borderlands has some trophies where you have to collect 25 oil cans, 15 claptrap bubbleheads, and 15 pizzas with 5 panties and a fish. You could be grinding those claptraps from the final boss for a long time and you'd keep getting only fish.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Blast Shards-InFamous Series

Wanted Posters-Mafia II

Feathers-Assassin's Creed II

Bobbleheads/Skillbooks-Fallout 3

"Special" Bolts/Skill Points-Ratchet and Clank Series

Light Seeds-Prince of Persia(2008)

Inspirations/Style Swirls/Artwork-de Blob 2: Color Underground

Precursor Orbs-Jak and Daxter Series

Landmarks-Prototype

Everything-Bionic Commando

The problem with Collectibles in games, is that they all require backtracking and jumping through hoops to get them...or almost all, since I only ever needed help to find like three Gorgon Eyes, Phoenix Feathers, other junk from God of War.

The Girl Gamer

Grand Theft Auto IV - Shooting the pigeons and finding the stunt jumps.

Only one that bugged me so far.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Bioshocks audio diaries

Sig and avatar by big bad bladia

NSFW

de Blob 2 - There were WAY too many in this one.

The LEGO series - While not hard the Hogwarts collectibles in Harry Potter year 1-4 is kinda bugging me.

Toy Story 3 - Those friggin capsules and playing cards.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles - This one wouldn't be so bad, but there aren't any guides for it.

Katamari Forever - Over 4000 collectables. While you can get like 95% of them fairly easy, there are a few ones that are either hard to obtain (COWBEAR!!!) or hard to find (Slingshot)

Dead Space Extraction - They are not hard to find, but you only get a split second to get them.

Medieval Moves - Same as Dead Space just WAAAAAAAAY worse.

Jak II/3 - The orbs are plenty and hard as hell to obtain.

Sonic Generations - These requires many playthroughs through the levels and that is annoying.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

PRO Member

Just Cause 2 - There's way over 1000 collectables for plat if you count all the weapon,health and vehicle parts you have to collect. Not mentioning the 300 dead drops.

Batman Arkham City - 450 collectables which most of them require to do a mini puzzle

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Thaelryn View Post
    Blast Shards-InFamous Series

Wanted Posters-Mafia II

Feathers-Assassin's Creed II

Bobbleheads/Skillbooks-Fallout 3

"Special" Bolts/Skill Points-Ratchet and Clank Series

Light Seeds-Prince of Persia(2008)

Inspirations/Style Swirls/Artwork-de Blob 2: Color Underground

Precursor Orbs-Jak and Daxter Series

Landmarks-Prototype

Everything-Bionic Commando

The problem with Collectibles in games, is that they all require backtracking and jumping through hoops to get them...or almost all, since I only ever needed help to find like three Gorgon Eyes, Phoenix Feathers, other junk from God of War.
    I don't think the bobble heads are too difficult to acquire. My least favourite collecibles have been the godly possessions in god of war iii. And here's why. Typically a collectible either has value or it does not. The godly possessions have value but only after yer current play through and only at the cost of not being able to unlock any trophies. It's the same way with dlc for that game. I mean seriously. Wtf? What's the point I having awesome items if you can't use them?

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

A plat a month!

Wolfenstein was a pain in the ass to get all the gold, intel, and tomes of power.

The Old Guy

The Claptrap Revolution DLC in Borderlands. I ended up having to leave my PS3 running for a total of around 14 hours to get them all.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    Katamari Forever would like a word with you. 4143 collectibles in total requiring multiple playthroughs of a level. There is no definitive guide for all items (at least there wasn't when I played it) and wait till you have to get Devil Kataoka and Cowbear.
    Yes. I'm glad I'm not the only one There are so many difficult ones to nab, plus the damn Cowbear!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 9 - Gold

I haven't collected them all yet, but I reckon the 200 pigeons in GTA are likely to be the most annoying collectibles for me. Generally I actually don't mind hunting things down, but knowing that I could reach the end of this list and only then realise that I missed one, is likely to deter me from attempting to go through all 200 again for quite some time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123