help with account activation and deactivation

This is a discussion on help with account activation and deactivation within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hello everyone! I'm a little worried about my main account, hopefully you can help me with this: As we all ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

help with account activation and deactivation

Hello everyone! I'm a little worried about my main account, hopefully you can help me with this:
    As we all know, PSN (SEN) accounts can be activated up to 5 PS3 consoles. Right now, my account is already on 5 consoles; 3 of them are on YLOD ones (luckily, all 3 were cousin's), the 4th one is on my ex girlfriend's (screw her) and the final one is obviously on my PS3.
    After some research, I found you can deactivate your account from ALL consoles via sonyentertainmentnetwork.com without the need of deactivate them manually on each one with the manual method. It states that you can deactivate your account from those 5 systems from the website every 6 months, so, my question is: If I do that, can simply reactivate on my PS3 and got back the other 4 accounts? obviously I cannot do that manually on the YLOD ones, and don't want to talk to my exGF just for that matter.
    Somebody here have used that method? I'm panicking a little because if my console got YLOD or anything else, my work on trophies will be lost. Any help on that matter will be appreciated

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnZero68 View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm a little worried about my main account, hopefully you can help me with this:
    As we all know, PSN (SEN) accounts can be activated up to 5 PS3 consoles. Right now, my account is already on 5 consoles; 3 of them are on YLOD ones (luckily, all 3 were cousin's), the 4th one is on my ex girlfriend's (screw her) and the final one is obviously on my PS3.
    After some research, I found you can deactivate your account from ALL consoles via sonyentertainmentnetwork.com without the need of deactivate them manually on each one with the manual method. It states that you can deactivate your account from those 5 systems from the website every 6 months, so, my question is: If I do that, can simply reactivate on my PS3 and got back the other 4 accounts? obviously I cannot do that manually on the YLOD ones, and don't want to talk to my exGF just for that matter.
    Somebody here have used that method? I'm panicking a little because if my console got YLOD or anything else, my work on trophies will be lost. Any help on that matter will be appreciated
    Well, once you deactivate all of those accounts you can only get 2 accounts back after you do them all. I think sometime last year they made it to where you can only have two account activated at a time. So in other words you would have to pick which to accounts to activate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Schismalicious View Post
    Well, once you deactivate all of those accounts you can only get 2 accounts back after you do them all. I think sometime last year they made it to where you can only have two account activated at a time. So in other words you would have to pick which to accounts to activate.
    As far as I know, content bought AFTER 18 nov 2011 (or it was 2010?) will work ONLY on 2 activated consoles. Content bought BEFORE that date will still work on the 5 ones

Death is Awaiting....

As far as I know, content bought AFTER 18 nov 2011 (or it was 2010?) will work ONLY on 2 activated consoles. Content bought BEFORE that date will still work on the 5 ones
    OH YEAH! I just remembered that. So yeah, all the content before say October, 2011 will work without having to activate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Change is mediocre

This is correct.

If you have found a way to deactivate that isn't manual, then i suggest you do it. I remember reading that as well that you can deactivate on the official website

Lvl 3 - Bronze

so, if I deactivate them all via website, and then reactivate it only on MY console, technically I would have the other 4 at my disposal, right? I would still be able to activate those 4 on another 4 consoles, and download on them the content bought BEFORE 18 nov 2011, if I would want to do that? my savedata and paid games should be ok as usual

Change is mediocre

so, if I deactivate them all via website, and then reactivate it only on MY console, technically I would have the other 4 at my disposal, right? I would still be able to activate those 4 on another 4 consoles, and download on them the content bought BEFORE 18 nov 2011, if I would want to do that? my savedata and paid games should be ok as usual
    Well your saved data would stick to the ps3 (unless you upload to Cloud, or USB stick them to your other ps3). But you can just re-download the games from the store under View Downloads.

I'm just saying in theory this would work, I have not actually done it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yeah, sounds good on paper, but makes me a little nervous to mess around with that. And it won't be necessary to re-download the games, IN THEORY: once re-activate, the games should work again, right?

PRO Member

yeah, sounds good on paper, but makes me a little nervous to mess around with that. And it won't be necessary to re-download the games, IN THEORY: once re-activate, the games should work again, right?
    I've never deactivated all ps3's by using the website before but have called and had Sony deactivate them all. All I had to afterwards was reactivate my current PS3 and my PSN games all still worked.

So i'm 95% sure everything will be fine afterwards.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

just did it. Used my second account to check, and everything goes fine. Already did it on my main as well. Thank you guys, now i can tell the method is safe