Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Metal Gear Solid 4 patch live in Japan

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Solid 4 patch live in Japan within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by owltalon012 North America Patch is live. Awesome! Gonna try it now.......

  1. #21
    Noob Member
    kianstrike's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    195
    Reputation
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by owltalon012 View Post
    North America Patch is live.
    Awesome! Gonna try it now....

  2. #22
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    NTGSruler's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back Home!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    626
    Reputation
    8

    Good luck to all the trophy hunters who want to add this platinum to their arsenal. This will sure be a respected

  3. #23
    PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!
    Chaotically-Epic's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mainly gaming on PC now.
    Posts
    2,905
    Reputation
    72

    Quote Originally Posted by owltalon012 View Post
    North America Patch is live.
    time to boot up MGS4!

    Signature by DaRe_xLw





  4. #24
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    hawkiq's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baghdad - Iraq
    Posts
    248
    Reputation
    5

    Downloading ........
    43 min to finish



    Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version



  5. #25
    PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!
    Chaotically-Epic's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mainly gaming on PC now.
    Posts
    2,905
    Reputation
    72

    Is there a known trophy lists for this game or is everyone waiting for the patch to find out the challenges that await? If so, let me know!

  6. #26
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    hawkiq's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baghdad - Iraq
    Posts
    248
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Is there a known trophy lists for this game or is everyone waiting for the patch to find out the challenges that await? If so, let me know!
    Here is the full list
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/pl...ophy-list.html



    Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version



  7. #27
    O_o
    ERICVOLTAGE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,053
    Reputation
    345

    Quote Originally Posted by owltalon012 View Post
    North America Patch is live.
    This this this. I can;t wait to jump in!

  8. #28
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    is the trophy icons the same in other regions, all that Japanese stuff. I hope not

  9. #29
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Kaito's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    275
    Reputation
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    is the trophy icons the same in other regions, all that Japanese stuff. I hope not
    Why not? A lot of games do that.

    BTW the EU patch is live too, downloading it right now.
    ____________

  10. #30
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    hawkiq's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baghdad - Iraq
    Posts
    248
    Reputation
    5

    Sorry for bad quality but my hands shaking




    Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version



  11. #31
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito View Post
    Why not? A lot of games do that.

    BTW the EU patch is live too, downloading it right now.
    I don't have any that do and since i'm not Japanese I'd rather have English pictures

  12. #32
    Closing this account


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,813
    Reputation
    94

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    I don't have any that do and since i'm not Japanese I'd rather have English pictures
    Then don't play the game. Do you not think Japanese gamers feel the same way about playing Japanese version of a game but the icons are English? If you can read the trophy description, why the fuss?

  13. #33
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    parkerdip's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,212
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    Then don't play the game. Do you not think Japanese gamers feel the same way about playing Japanese version of a game but the icons are English? If you can read the trophy description, why the fuss?
    I'm not THAT bothered. I just said I would rather it be English pictures in my region but Japanese in their own. It won't stop me playing the game or anything like that at all. I'm not a massive trophy whore. Trophies don't make me play the game or its pictures in the slightest.

    On the other hand I guess it does make sense as there is Japanese symbols in the English version like when the Act starts so does make sense

  14. #34
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    hawkiq's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baghdad - Iraq
    Posts
    248
    Reputation
    5

    Its now official in all regions, lets rock the game

    1st trophy Metal Gear Solid 4 - Hands up trophy - YouTube



    Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version



  15. #35
    Plats-O'-War!!
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    4,528
    Reputation
    219

    The sad thing for me is that I won't be able to play until I make room in my backlog *Sad Panda Face*




  16. #36
    Rainbow in the dark
    Enviouswrath's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    532
    Reputation
    62

    I need time to get back into metal gear mode, its been too long, i used to kick ass with this game.
    sig made by Bladia

    Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty
    .......................................................





  17. #37
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Silent Assassin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    949
    Reputation
    27

    I'm not even gonna look at the trophies until I finish the game once. I'll just take my time since it's been a while since I played through the entire game but I usually replay the entire MGS saga once a year.

  18. #38
    Bob 'n' Becca
    957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On tour with the Foos
    Posts
    1,816
    Reputation
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkiq View Post
    Also worth mentioning is that Metal Gear Solid 4 appears to differentiate between pre-patch and post-patch save data.

    Source
    Any idea on what this means exactly? Also I won't be playing this game. At one poit I told myself it was because it didn't have trophies but now I know it's because it's just too unlike the first two. I tried this game a few years back and I got pass the prologue and nowhere else. But more power to those who choose to replay it or to the first timers. And what a person said about drumming up sales for an old game before a new one comes out may certainly be true but both my roommate and another friend had the game way before the patch game out beat and both still have the game sitting in their respective collections. It's just that epic apparently.

    Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

  19. #39
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    Good luck to you all hunting for this platinum! This requires all 40 emblems, including the Chicken and Big Boss emblems, the latter of which is very, very challenging. Have fun!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  20. #40
    Sic Vis Pacem Bellum
    The Secret Society's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Shinjuku
    Posts
    2,150
    Reputation
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Any idea on what this means exactly? Also I won't be playing this game. At one poit I told myself it was because it didn't have trophies but now I know it's because it's just too unlike the first two. I tried this game a few years back and I got pass the prologue and nowhere else. But more power to those who choose to replay it or to the first timers. And what a person said about drumming up sales for an old game before a new one comes out may certainly be true but both my roommate and another friend had the game way before the patch game out beat and both still have the game sitting in their respective collections. It's just that epic apparently.
    means that the new patch wont recognize the old saved data and that you will lose it if you want this new trophy patch in

    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    The sad thing for me is that I won't be able to play until I make room in my backlog *Sad Panda Face*
    i'm in the same boat, i have many games to play so that i can buy new ones. otherwise ill have a shelf of games i might not play for months
    and i feel like im wasting money since by the time im ready to play them the price might be cheaper for those games lol
    Signature Provided By Djunglist


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO