NFS The Run issue...

This is a discussion on NFS The Run issue... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; My brother has been having a problem with The Run where at a certain point while playing, every single time ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

NFS The Run issue...

My brother has been having a problem with The Run where at a certain point while playing, every single time I guess, it totally locks up his PS3 on him. I am not sure if it's a disc read error, or what... Anyone else have this issue? I've read that The run does have it's freezing issues, which I told him, but he said it's literally unplayable to a point which sucks cuz it's a fun racing game. Our idea was to have him delete the Run game data and reinstall it, maybe that'd help but I'm not sure. Any ideas or help at all would be great, thank you.

The One and Only

I don't know exactly which part of the game you're talking about, so there's really nothing anyone can do to help us if you don't give us any specifics. Maybe turning the PS3 off, turn it back on, remove the disc ad re-inserting it might help? Or clean the disc out if it's dirty?

I do remember sometimes there's a certain area in one track that would give me problems, from freezing to the screen being all messed up to where it's unplayable. Are you talking about the little highway exit that gives you some air in the beginning of Las Vegas? If so, just go to the left part of it and it shouldn't happen.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 5 - Silver

Yeah I understand your point. It's my bro's game, and well he doesn't really live nearby so I can't just pop on over to see what and where he is having this issue. All he describes to me is the same as I detailed above - I realize it isn't of much help, but I do know it's later in the game, maybe about the 70% mark. He says no matter what he does, clean disc, reset/refresh system etc - it does it every single time in the exact same place. Just trying to find any and all tips to offer to him. =\

Forget I Was Ever Here

I actually have game freezes in that game all the time and my disc is super clean i beat the game though on normal and on extreme the first time i beat it when it came out it didn't freeze but about a month ago when i went on to beat extreme thats when it started..it doesn't just do it in story but online play as well i don't think there would be any tips

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 6 - Silver

Same here, I have had it freeze the ps3 at least 10x, mostly online when loading a match. I just have to restart the ps3 and load it up again, and hope it works the next time...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 3 - Bronze

hmmm never had this problem, yes a hell of a lot of freezing in the game but nothing that repeats itself in the same spot over and over again. Try deleting the gamedata and reinstalling it. If that doesnt work then I ont know what to tell you. Just remember that gamedata is completely different from savedata. It will not affect your playthrough of the game.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Yeah the "delete game data" is the method I told him to try, not sure if he has yet - thanks for all the responses, though

PRO Member

it all that fails phone black box up see what they say