psn cards for all accounts

This is a discussion on psn cards for all accounts within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; i found this website and have used it successfully 3 times for psn cards. it has many popular highly requested ...

Prayer Warrior

psn cards for all accounts

i found this website and have used it successfully 3 times for psn cards. it has many popular highly requested cards such as the US, japan, and UK. hope someone gets some use out of this. they also offer many other types of cards.

Buy Playstation Network Card - Online Code Delivery

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 6 - Silver

Thanks man, this might come in handy

illegal in 9 countries

I can vouch for this site too, I use it to buy PSN cards for my US account. Note that there is a transaction processing fee for them to email your code, so add $2-3 to the cost.

What I lose at their checkout I gain in the PS Store - US prices are about 60% of what we pay in the Oz PS Store.

Prayer Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    US prices are about 60% of what we pay in the Oz PS Store.
    i didn't realize that the exchange rate was so different. that's crazy

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i didn't realize that the exchange rate was so different. that's crazy
    The Aussie Dollar is worth more than the US dollar. No matter how you cut it, our prices should be cheaper but they're 40% 80% more expensive.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 08-10-2012 at 05:02 AM. Reason: % fixed

PRO Member

I do business with that web every time i need something from the US store and is very safe so no worries

Crocodile Hunter

LOL yeah ive spent about 200+ or so in there, I also gave the site to Nero so we can use that for our PSN card giveaway

After about 3 times you use them the code comes instantly so you dont have to wait that 30 minutes because they trust you and know your credit/debit card works

Sig by Apokolypz

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    The Aussie Dollar is worth more than the US dollar. No matter how you cut it, our prices should be cheaper but they're 40% more expensive.
    the reason behind the 40% increase is because our rate of pay is 40% better than in the US things might be more expensive in OZ but it's harder to live week to week in the US

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Crocodile Hunter

That mayb true to some extent however thats just the excuse they used to jack up the prices and bend us over to fuck us while they swim in the rivers of green

Sig by Apokolypz

Ice Cream Firefighter

maybe but at least it's our choice to give a place a tip or not in the US a tip is mandatory as part of the bill so they get fucked too I would rather live here in OZ with our prices though

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    the reason behind the 40% increase is because our rate of pay is 40% better than in the US things might be more expensive in OZ but it's harder to live week to week in the US
    My numbers were wrong - it's an 80% increase*.

* Stupid numbers - it's about 80% not 40% when applied as a percentage increase.
    $60 x 140% = $84.
    $60 x 180% = $108, which is closer to the mark.

The reverse equation in post #3 is still true - US pays about 55-60% of AU prices
    $108 x 55.5% = $59.94 which is close enough to reality.

I don't believe the link between avg weekly Aussie wage and retail pricing. If that was the case, UK prices would be significantly higher than Australian because of their higher avg wage when converted to AUD, but UK video game prices are on par with the US, if not a bit cheaper.

While Australia may have higher average wages per capita (largely thanks to the bullshit wages paid in mining), we have lower purchasing power. If you doubt that, look at the Big Mac Index - http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2012/07/daily-chart-17 (the BMI is explained on the page). Before dismissing the BMI as irrelevant, we used it at Uni while studying International Business and Economics subjects. Though simplistic, it's considered a fair and valid comparison of relative purchasing power of global currencies.

Based on the BMI figures, Australian prices should only be 8% higher than the US and 12.5% higher than the UK, but they're closer to 80% higher in the video game sector. For example, a $60 USD game = $110 AUD whereas it should cost about $65 AUD. Adjust for our stronger exchange rate and that brings it back down to $62 AUD.

Conversely, if your theory about wages was applied across the board to all retail prices, Big Macs in Australia would cost $7.79, not the $4.68 we pay on average. It's a good theory, but it doesn't work in reality.

Our prices are still tied to the days when the conversion rates were $1 AUD = 60c US. It's now $1 AUD = $1.05 US. No Australian business has ever bothered to pass on their Exchange Rate-related savings to customers, instead they've absorbed it as profit. Australian retail is now under pressure from the Internet because we've cottoned-on to this con job and we're spending our dollars overseas where we have far greater purchasing power.

Don't believe me? Take a look at http://www.harveynormandirectimport.com which was setup in response to the flow of cash offshore. It's prices are competitive with the US and UK and it kills retail prices in Oz, including pricing in its own retail stores.

Given Sony is a foreign company and the PS Store is a digital distribution channel, the traditional Aussie retail markup excuse from exchange rates, store-front / warehousing / shipping costs and taxes goes out the window.

Sony marks up Aussie Prices to align itself with our highest retail prices (EB Games), but it's pure digital and doesn't have any of the retail or shipping costs attached. Steam on the other hand charges the same prices in Oz as the US, ignoring local retail. The Apple App Store has a small 5-10% markup, again ignoring local retail.

See the problem? Digital distribution has nothing to with avg wages, nothing to do with taxes, duties & shipping and everything to do with profiteering based on decade old exchange rates. As far as I know there's no agreement between Sony and retailers to link digital prices to retail, and if there were, there's an argument for price collusion.

We're being ripped off by Sony, plain and simple. At least at retail I have a choice not to buy at EB, paying the cheaper JB prices instead. But they're still $30-$40 higher than I'd pay for a new game online, so I, and many others, do that instead.

On-topic: When it comes to the PS Store, Aussies are far better off buying US PSN cards and using a US account. Keep in mind US DLC is incompatible with AU retail discs, so only use the cards to buy PSN games.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 08-10-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Ice Cream Firefighter

i'm not saying your wrong because your not, but wages do come into it as well & as AC3 said we do get the raw end of the deal in alot of things we are not on par with the rest of the world prices suck as does our internet connection speeds I tried playing SD vs Raw 2010 online but when you press punch than 4sec later the character punches that was some BS but still it's the small things that we have & can do that the rest of the world can't that makes living here so even with the crap we have to put up with

this whole thread is going so far awesome website Johnny Sparx I will have to check it out myself for I have been thinking of giving a $20PSN card to 2nd place of my competition & being able to buy region PSN cards is

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Lvl 5 - Silver

I think Im going to try this.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 6 - Silver