PSN card - Do I pay taxes?

This is a discussion on PSN card - Do I pay taxes? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I first searched, yet I found nothing about this hey guys, I know this question might sound stupid, but I ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

PSN card - Do I pay taxes?

I first searched, yet I found nothing about this

hey guys, I know this question might sound stupid, but I thought that here I could have had and answer
    So, I'd like to buy something from the PS Store (US store) and this thing I want to buy costs 29.99 $
    Now, I saw a PSN card at Game Stop that costs exactly the same, 29.99 $

So, I'd like to know if I purchase that content (which costs is 29.99) do I pay taxes, so that my purchasement ends up to be 29.99 + taxes = 33 more or less considering that taxes are 10%

thanks in advance

Negator

It depends on where you purchase the card. Legit shops wont charge any tax on the card (nor do you pay tax in the actual PSN store either), but some shadier retailers will charge you tax even though they mask it as some random 'processing fee'.

EDIT: At one point, Sony was charging tax in the PSN Store, but that was (thankfully) removed and everyone credited for any tax they were previously charged.

So, the short answer I think you're looking for is "No".

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    It depends on where you purchase the card. Legit shops wont charge any tax on the card (nor do you pay tax in the actual PSN store either), but some shadier retailers will charge you tax even though they mask it as some random 'processing fee'.

EDIT: At one point, Sony was charging tax in the PSN Store, but that was (thankfully) removed and everyone credited for any tax they were previously charged.

So, the short answer I think you're looking for is "No".
    well thanks for the answer, really

guess you can close the topic now