Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Last Guardian Trademark is now abandoned by sony

This is a discussion on The Last Guardian Trademark is now abandoned by sony within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; THE LAST GUARDIAN - Reviews & Brand Information - Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC Foster City, CA - Serial Number: ...

INTJ

The Last Guardian Trademark is now abandoned by sony

THE LAST GUARDIAN - Reviews & Brand Information - Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC Foster City, CA - Serial Number: 77750563

Status Update! On Monday, August 6, 2012, status on the THE LAST GUARDIAN trademark changed to ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED.

The last Guardian trademark is now abandoned by sony basically.

wonder what this means.

Lvl 6 - Silver

It means I have no regrets that I cancelled my pre-order of the game
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Legendary...Nuff Said

Not very surprised, but this is strange in that Team Ico said numerous times that the game was still in development, as recent as just of last month or so. Maybe Sony has abandoned it, but they're still developing the game for another port?

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Platinum Procrastinator

I'd venture to guess the game is done, and not as in its finished, I mean its won't ever be made which is no big surprise really. I mean people finish college and university in the same amount of time that the game has already been in development.

Times are changing and various developers have already made better games in less time, but yet Team Ico never seemed to adjust.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Trophy Guide Kitten

This saddens me. I've been waiting for this game for sometime now.
    K? Thanks

Game on....

Maybe they changed the games title?

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Maybe they changed the games title?
    We can hope, but it's not looking like that's the case. Which is a shame.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Kid, not loser

As Timeless said, it could just mean they're changing the name. With 'The Last of us' 'The Last Guardian' being so close in names could be a reason they changed it. They don't want to confuse people... sadly it happens.

With the Collection just being released and Team Ico being so popular, it just seems like the game would have sold no matter what. Still I don't believe it is canceled just yet.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 6 - Silver

In 20 years time people will speak in hushed whispers of a game known as the last guardian with rumours of it being released coming out every few months but then disappearing as if they never existed. I have little interest in this game now, it's just been too long.

Kiwi Defender

I'll avoid coming up to any assumption without knowing what that even means.

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I'd venture to guess the game is done, and not as in its finished, I mean its won't ever be made which is no big surprise really. I mean people finish college and university in the same amount of time that the game has already been in development.

Times are changing and various developers have already made better games in less time, but yet Team Ico never seemed to adjust.
    Maybe you mean it won't ever be released, because it was (or is, who really knows what the freaking hell this means) in development. One thing is it not being released (a la Duke Nukem Forever), another is it not being made at all .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I'll avoid coming up to any assumption without knowing what that even means.
    it means anyone can buy the trademark now, since sony no longer owns the name

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    it means anyone can buy the trademark now, since sony no longer owns the name
    I wonder who'd buy it, then. I'm sure EA and Activision wouldn't be interested in something they can't milk.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Damn. I've waned this game for ages.

Lvl 9 - Gold

It means, they´re gonna turn it into a shooter, for we all know it wouldn´t sell.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Retired

Calm down: Sony assures us that The Last Guardian is still in development | VentureBeat
    PlayStation fans around the country were panicking earlier today when, according to gaming-news site Gematsu, Sony abandoned its U.S. trademark for The Last Guardian, a highly anticipated PlayStation 3 adventure-platformer originally announced in 2009. The U.S. patent office considers a trademark abandoned when a company does not use it after a certain period of time. Sony originally filed for its trademark on June 2, 2009.
    GamesBeat reached out to Sony for comment, specifically to see if The Last Guardian was still in development. Sony Computer Entertainment America’s director of product publicity Ron Eagle responded, “We can confirm that The Last Guardian is still in development, and [Sony] will be publishing the title.”
    In other words, the game is still coming, but it might in for a name change.
    So there you have it! Everyone can relax. Hopefully we’ll be hearing more about the anticipated followup to critical darlings ICO and Shadow of the Colossus soon.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Sig by Dsluckay/ Avy by In2
    "I know why you're here. And we're all here, cause we're not all there."

Kid, not loser

Well that's good to hear. Thanks Sly... It just seemed too far fetched to assume a game from Team Ico would be cancelled.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

PRO Member

Seemingly bad news followed by good news. I'd say I can't wait for this game but apparently I already have been and will continue to until it's release date.

Angel of Death

Oh, so it basically just expired.

Crocodile Hunter

It didnt really look that special to begin with anyway, wont be losing any sleep if its coming or not

Sig by Apokolypz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast