Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Delayed

This is a discussion on Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Delayed within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hello PlayStation Nation. As you know, we at SuperBot have set high benchmarks for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale . Our ...

Buy my book, Alteration

In a very very... maaaaad wooorld

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Delayed

Hello PlayStation Nation. As you know, we at SuperBot have set high benchmarks for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Our goal is to deliver a fun, well-balanced, and compelling gameplay experience that pays homage to all of these incredible characters.We also know our fans have high expectations for this title, and to that end, we have decided to move the release date to November 20th, 2012 for North America (including Canada) and Latin America territories. This will let us spend more time polishing and tuning the game, and it will give us a chance to incorporate some of the great feedback we’re receiving from the current limited beta to ensure we are creating the best possible fighting game experience. While it is our greatest desire to put this game into the hands of our fans as soon as possible, we do not want to do so at the sake of quality. The additional time will be well worth the wait, and are excited to know that our fans will have the ultimate brawler in time for the holiday.
    Keep an eye on GamesCom this week, as we’ve lined up some big announcements that we’re sure you’ll be excited about.
    Thanks again for all of your support and understanding!

Source: US PS Blog

Waiting an extra month isn't fun, but when it's this kind of game, it should be as polished as possible.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 5 - Silver

The Hidden Leaf Village

At least its only a month.When I saw the name of this thread I was pretty scared,thinking it was going to be delayed into next year.

Sig by Bladia

Change is mediocre

Eh, a month isn't bad. I would be more able to buy it in November anyway.

PRO Member

Yeah. Not too bad. The beta was fun so I'm now looking forward to this game. Thanks for the update.

Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Royal Flush X2

Better off it's delayed and one month isn't too long.

Platinum Procrastinator

They could delay it for a year for all I care as long as they had a decent roster and added damage percentage...
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

I can see why they delayed it.

just image search blunder of the century on google.

(not to mention recycling animations for every character, which helps prove they were lazy. they should fix that while they are at it.)

not to mention this:
    Beta Test: Chaotic PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Lacks Charm | Game|Life |

In short: A game featuring a rapping dog, a nightmare clown and a chubby princess really ought to be more fun than this.

“Early” is the key word describing my experience with PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. The private beta contains only six characters and no single-player or offline multiplayer modes. Left only with four-player online multiplayer, I found that the game struggled to connect me to opponents, dropping the connection before the match even started.
    , I found it difficult to follow my character on the screen. Arenas in All-Stars Battle Royale are big and full of moving parts, which is great. But no matter which character I chose, I felt tiny by comparison.

The most frustrating part of combat, more so than lag or losing track of my position, was that I never understood who was winning or losing. There are no “life bars” in All-Stars Battle Royale, just an energy bar that builds up during the fight. Players use that energy to execute special attacks that kill opponents in one hit. These attacks have three levels of escalating power: The strongest triggers a mega-powerful attack with a cinematic sequence, but even level-one special moves are enough to kill an opponent.
    Of course, this is merely a beta, and PlayStation All-Stars is still under development. All of the technical shortcomings can still be repaired, the HUD can still be improved, and the zoomed-out camera can still be adjusted.

What’s not so easy to fix at this point is the lingering question of why we need a Super Smash Bros. game full of characters that lack nostalgic appeal or charisma.

There are plenty of Super Smash Bros characters from games I’ve never played and thus have no nostalgic attachment to — Captain Falcon from the racing game F-Zero being the perfect example — who are presented in such a colorful, loopy manner that they won me over.

By contrast, my time with All-Stars Battle Royale has felt dark and uninviting. Even the cartoonish elements like Fat Princess, Parappa the Rapper and the Little Big Planet playfield lack vibrant colors.