Battlefield 4 Will remain in Modern Day setting!

This is a discussion on Battlefield 4 Will remain in Modern Day setting! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Recently with it's new early Beta access attached to Medal of Honor: Warfighter pre-order, many speculations have been going on ...

The Last of my Kind

Battlefield 4 Will remain in Modern Day setting!

Recently with it's new early Beta access attached to Medal of Honor: Warfighter pre-order, many speculations have been going on about Battlefield 4. Now the producers from DICE reveal that the setting of the game will not go into Future Warfare, and will remain in the Modern Day setting of the game, just like Battlefield 3 did. There are also rumors of another Battlefield: Bad Company game, as the last one was Battlefield: Bad Company 2, which came out in 2009.

“There’s a lot of things inspiring us as to how the franchise will move on. Everything from fans’ feedback, to market research and, of course, what we want to build ourselves. It’s not just one single thing,” he said at GDC Europe. “And, yes, I know Battlefield 4 is probably the most creative name we ever could come up with. I can’t comment any more on that games because it’s all secret.”“We still want to stay in this genre, the modern day as it is. We feel this is a place we can be and continue with the series. Battlefield 4 can live in this space and be very successful.”
    Troedsson concluded by hinting at a possible Bad Company 2 sequel at some point, “That doesn’t mean there might not be a Bad Company game again in the future.”

Also, With that in mind the next Battlefield 3 DLC, Armored Kill is due to release next month.

Source here.

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature & Elite Guild Bar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Wow, cool.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thank god! I love battlefield!

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Fighting Russians again? I do hope not. Bad Com. 3 will be Russians, so it would be nice if the enemy is different

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Check Those Corners

Please, NO RUSSIANS! With them in MP, they annoyed the piss out of me! Otherwise, cool news. Hopefully they can put the Famas in.

PRO Member

Mad theory time, but I think they'll be saving Bad Company 3 to showcase a brand new version of the frostbite engine next-gen, with which we'll be getting even more realistic destruction etc...

One can only wish..

Kid, not loser

It's hardly modern in the first place. The tech you use in these games really defeat the purpose of what they call "modern". The only real modern based game I thought was actually modern, was MoH, and even then that was just for the single player portion of the game.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Retired

Great! More originality.

INTJ

fuck you ea

i guess im sticking to BF2142, the best game in the entire series

Administrator

Honestly, I'd rather have Bad Company make a return.
    I had a threesome last night, there were a couple of no shows but I still had a good time!

MK Plat = Overrated

From the looks of it, cookie cutter video games seems to get everybody wet. I can't believe there isn't anger and outrage in this thread.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

I'm sick of RUSSIANS.. yes, we know we'll eventually have another war with them in it but why must every game feature em & a modern day setting, not surprised at all & I'm not happy w/ this early & quick announcement, tis a bad sign. I miss Bad Company but no development can ever live up to what BC2 has, especially after BF3 / 4 & MOH, a BC3 will be a let down.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 8 - Gold

Meh...I'm not that excited about this. BC2 has better gunplay than BF3 and destruction has been dramatically reduced in BF3, making it annoying when you can blow up one wall and not the other. I'm a bit tired of modern day military shooters and I'd like a WWII game on Frostbite 2.0 or higher.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather have Bad Company make a return.
    I was hoping this would be case too

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider