Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders 2? =3

This is a discussion on Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders 2? =3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Will be stocking up on another new game today, and since both games are coming out together now, I am ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders 2? =3

Will be stocking up on another new game today, and since both games are coming out together now, I am at a dilemma on which to buy. Seeing as I am a huge RPG lover, I also like open-world action-adventure with RPG elements, the criteria of which both games meet too. I have heard a lot of good stuff about Darksiders in the past, but never really got around to playing it since I was more enamored with the God of War series. However, Sleeping Dogs sounds like a good deal, since it is a completely new IP and gives me the chance to explore Hong Kong, given my roots in Singapore.

Well, what do you think?

Oh, and I was a huge fan of Just Cause 2, if that helps.
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

The only sane person here

I honestly go with Sleeping dogs. It's a fresh new game, tons of things to do and serves a good 20 hour campaign from what I heard.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

go get darksiders and its sequel today, awesome stuff

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

The Saboteur or Darksiders 1. They are dirt cheap, the Saboteur is similar to JC2 (well not completely, but good fun), Darksiders will set you up for part 2. Besides, unless they are really big titles, game prices drop to half price within a few months of release, might as well wait and you could get both.

timezone: GMT+7 ⌋ // ⌈ blind PSN friend requests are ignored

Lvl 3 - Bronze

if you want button bashing goodness darksiders is your thing. if you want to play a game i think could be one of the sleepers of 2012 and i think looks 200% better then darksiders 2 get sleeping dogs

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hey if I were you I would get Sleeping Dogs, both games look awesome but I think this one nips it. That would also allow you to get the dirt cheap and brilliant Darksiders 1 to see if you like it before spending lots on the 2nd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Buy my book, Alteration

Honestly Sleeping Dogs doesn't look all that interesting to me, so Darksiders may be the way to go. Of course Sleeping Dogs is open-world, so seeing as you like those then that may float your boat.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    Besides, unless they are really big titles, game prices drop to half price within a few months of release, might as well wait and you could get both.
    ^^This!!^^ I totally agree. If you really want both, just wait a couple of months. It'll pay off

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Thanks everyone for your comments! I made a decision and stopped by my usual game haunt today to buy...... Sleeping Dogs at a generous price. I will also be keeping in mind the other game recommendations by the above posters, Saboteur and Darksiders 1 & 2. Don't worry, I may buy them soon enough sometime in the near future!

Will let you know how Sleeping Dogs goes.... I cannot wait! Crime + Heavy Rain atmosphere + open-world + Square Enix = another Deus Ex: Human Revolution success? =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |