How can I record a gameplay?

This is a discussion on How can I record a gameplay? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I want to record my gameplay on youtube on some games, just like how to get a collectible, hard difficulty, ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

How can I record a gameplay?

I want to record my gameplay on youtube on some games, just like how to get a collectible, hard difficulty, etc.
    I have a device called video recorder, its pretty old and it records on tapes and I don't know a way to transfer it to a computer and upload to youtube.
    Is there any way I can record my gameplay on my ps3, which is cheap (or will work with my video recorder) and has fine quallity (Doesn't have to be HD, but I don't want it to be awful), and of course, no small "lags".

Thanks you

Threat

You can just live film it with a camcorder and edit it on your computer.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Ice Cream Firefighter

for my videos I use a Kaiser Baas device called MAGIX Video Easy SE along with a 1 in 4 out AV adapter

install Magix Video Easy SE on your computer & plug the device into the back of your PC now hook the PS3's AV cable into the 1 in 4 out AV adapter's in slot (duh) than from the out you want 1 set of AV cables going to the device on the PC, than another set from out to your TV so that way you can still enjoy it on the TV (on the computer it's a small box that wont go full screen)

reasonable price but not HD, I want to get a HD 1 but for some reason they ain't available in Australia "apparently"

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles