Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Fallout 4 to be set in Boston?

This is a discussion on Fallout 4 to be set in Boston? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Obviously ps360 can't take other people's opinions. Not for the first time. in my opinion Fallout 3 is the better ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Obviously ps360 can't take other people's opinions. Not for the first time.

in my opinion Fallout 3 is the better game

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    thats what happens when you buy a ps3 version of a western dev game that isn't first party or a exclusive.

PC Version or Xbox Version, They are mainly developed for those platforms. If it's a Japanese Dev you get the PS3 version. it's how it works.

i never crashed a single time in new vegas unless i intentionally changed something involving the game files.

Any true fallout fan (pre Fallout 3) will tell you New vegas is the superior version and should of been fallout 3. Fallout was known for it's dark humor and story and Fallout 3 had none of that.
    Why is that? Are you telling me that Obsidian did a better job new vegas than Bethesda did with Fallout 3. It certainly doesn't feel that way to be honest. Although i will admit that i had a lot of game freezes for the DLC for Fallout 3.

Fallout 3 had awesome things like being able to nuke Megaton, kill super bethemoths etc

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    Obviously ps360 can't take other people's opinions. Not for the first time.
    it's funny because it isn't true. whats wrong with debating?

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Why is that? Are you telling me that Obsidian did a better job new vegas than Bethesda did with Fallout 3.
    yes they did. it has the better everything.

Banned

Closing this account

To me personally, New Vegas was a step up when you talk about the multiples storylines but as were in Fallout 3, you had to be good to finish out the story. It's nothing wrong with having good karma but dont force me to get it. I had bout the Korean version of Fallout 3 so there were no freezing issues were in New Vegas, OMG!!! I wanted to beat the game up literately. If they are going to make Fallout 4, why not put 1 and 2 up on the PS3? It does not even need trophy support.

Lvl 5 - Silver

ugh enough already release the new fallout !!!!

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Lvl 7 - Gold

I can tell you guys in 2 words exactly why Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas..

Toggle Spoiler

Kiwi Defender

To those saying Fallout 3 had less bugs/freezes than New Vegas (or the other way around), remember they both were glitched as fuck. How much they'd freeze on your or whether you'd suffer thourgh countless bugs or not differs between everyone's experience. Some people have a lot of bugs, others don't, so that's not really a god argument as to why one is better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    I can tell you guys in 2 words exactly why Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas..

Toggle Spoiler

That argument isn't good enough. Hell, it's actually useless lol. Not only is his character worthless and stupid, but he lacks his (supposed) badassery.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Boston would be cool, we will have to wait & see, I look forward to Fallout 4 no matter what city its set in.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Boston should be pretty cool. I think San Francisco would also be pretty awesome.

Crocodile Hunter

FO3 was ok, the first game i ever played on the ps3, NV was shit.

Sig by Apokolypz

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    FO3 was ok, the first game i ever played on the ps3, NV was shit.
    I only ever played FO3 too, it's one of the funniest games I've ever played, the quests are so deranged lol.
    Never played NV because I've heard that it was full of bugs that never got fixed.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That argument isn't good enough. Hell, it's actually useless lol. Not only is his character worthless and stupid, but he lacks his (supposed) badassery.
    his character also leaves his son/daughter for dead knowing full well what would happen if he left the vault.

i mean patrick stewart was the emperor in oblivion, doesn't mean it's the best game in the series.

To Be Announced

Ok, well ignoring the fact that some can't accept that everyone has the right to choose whether they personally feel Fallout 3 or New Vegas (or Fallout or Fallout 2, even) is the "better game" and inferring they're an idiot because you personally disagree with them, I'm looking forward to 4. Fallout 3 was entertaining (and aside from a few freezes, I never had any serious game-breaking issues; as Nagflar said above, some people get them, some don't, and that's attributable to both 3 and NV) and I messed around quite a bit for its successor at my buddy's place (which did******** have a lot of bug-outs). Boston sounds like a cool setting (personally never been there so I don't have an attachment) but it doesn't matter to me as long as the game is good. Granted, it'll probably be a long time before I play it after it's eventual release in order to be able to just play a GOTY package, but still.

I'm surprised at the post above that referenced a suggestion the devs made that they won't be taking the series out of the US because there are so many worldly locals to give a post-apocalyptic touch that haven't gotten such a treatment before, but if that's their choice then that's their choice, so long as they deliver.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Legend...Nuff Said

After the mess known as Skyrim, and trying to deal with Bethesda on getting answers on trophy glitches, Fallout 4 could be set in my hometown and I would not buy it if Bethesda's name is anywhere on the cover. I've got no interest in a new Fallout or Bethesda game in the slightest anymore.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    I only ever played FO3 too, it's one of the funniest games I've ever played, the quests are so deranged lol.
    Never played NV because I've heard that it was full of bugs that never got fixed.
    So did Fallout 3. I got the GOTY edition a month after it got released and still found plenty of bugs.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I don't get the love for New Vegas. I like the feel of Fallout 3 a lot more than it.

I hope this is true, but anywhere they put it is fine. As long as Fallout 4 happens.
    Same, New Vegas just isn't that good. Much prefer Fallout 3.

Exactly and happens soon.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Vive La Révelation!

Oh wow, honestly, that would be an epic setting! Oh well, true or not, I’m just ready for another fallout
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 8 - Gold

They can make the new game take place on Mars, for all I care. I kind of lost faith in the Fallout series after the Fallout 3 GOTY edition problems. I still haven't bought New Vegas, even though I'd like to. Is that game playable?

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Just bought Fallout 3 GOTY last week and I'm enjoying replaying it (had it for xbox). Once New Vegas GOTY drops in price I'll replay that too in preparation for Fallout 4
    But after the Skyrim debacle I'll have to restrain myself from getting Fallout 4 day one, or steal my brother's xbox.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast