Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What's your opinion of L.A. Noire?

This is a discussion on What's your opinion of L.A. Noire? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by gyrocop Hold me back, guys, I'm about to go crazy... oh too late. L.A. Noire was a ...

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Hold me back, guys, I'm about to go crazy... oh too late.

L.A. Noire was a MAJOR disappointment for me. You don't do shit in the game. You find clues, doing one of the three "action" sequences the game gives you, facereading, cluefinding, facereading, cluefinding, actionsequence, facereading, done. You are the police's pet. You do not solve any crimes, you do not figure anything out, you just find the clues for the computer to figure out the mystery. There really is no compelling gameplay to this. It all gets pushed aside to tell a story.... poorly. Cole Phelps is a bland piece of sandpaper that grates you everytime he chew another storyline down with his blank story arc, and no form of personality or any karisma or charm. He is just there. He's feels like an extra, with a mildly interesting backstory in boring detective cases in an admittedly interesting setting. The only sort of hype I got, was the ending to the homicide desk. Here you actually have to do something, that the developers forgot to be. Being a detective. There really is no replay factor or ways to failure. There is cars, landmarks and film reels who doesn't do ANYTHING! I was not engrossed in an eventless and unexciting story with poor almost unexisting gameplay with boring characters, no replayfactor or motivation. This is not an action game, but it's not a detective game either. It tries so hard to be both, that it ends up being neither. I really wanted to love this game.... but I just couldn't. I did get the plat. though.
    100% agreed
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

PRO Member

After finishing it like my fellow aussie in this thread I also got bored but I have just resumed it and enjoying the game once again hopefully I'll enjoy it enough to get the platinum this time.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

LA Noire is one of my favorite games that I have ever played I would take an LA Noire 2 over a new red dead or any other rockstar game it was an amazing gaming experience.

Winter Is Coming

I only got the plat and the 100% a few days ago and have to say i loved it. The 40's setting looked awesome and the story was great. I didn't get bored once and would happily buy a sequel

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Lvl 1 - Bronze

badass game

Made In Brazil

Lvl 3 - Bronze

The game was fun. I really enjoyed it from start to finish. it's one in a million game.

BRÜTAL Avy & Sig by dsluckay!

Gothams Silent Protector

Didnt like it. Played for my dad a bit when he kept getting stuck or bored and it just wasnt my thing.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I like it, but I get bored after a couple cases and stop playing for a few months. I still haven't finished it and I got it at launch.

Banned

I found it mostly boring... someone already mentioned the word "chore".

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I loved this game! Ended up buying all the DLC cuz I couldn't get enough. Got the platinum. Would buy a sequel for sure.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmMaelstrom View Post
    I like it, but I get bored after a couple cases and stop playing for a few months. I still haven't finished it and I got it at launch.
    Exactly same, I haven't played since last year.

Rangers F.C

Thought it was a great game but have played it twice really far into it and ended up playing something else , would love another one but would like some other thing's to do so that it don't get tired towards the end

Lvl 6 - Silver

would have liked a few more cases... but whatever... the only problem I have with it is it has no replay value to me

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm an online gamer mostly so when I found LA Noir had no multiplayer: now that was a Huge disappointment to me!. But i bought the game anyway!

My opinion is: story/characters/all that is amazing, as in any Rockstar game, always my favourites, but i have a mixed feeling about some things: like the interviews, "reading" facial expressions, finding clues: all those things were really great, and in idea its amazing having some times to behave as "detective" while other times as Niko Belic or John Marston! That mixture of things was great.

But it has also the other side, stated already here by some: some of those aspects hadnt a in-depth development as I was expecting. For exemple: finding glues was very repetitive. The game is amazing, it's very good, but

I think LA Noir could have been even much better, so I honestly expect a sequel....with multiplayer!

Red Dead Redemption; Battlefield:Bad Company 2; KillZone 3; L.A. Noir; Call Of Duty: MW3; Uncharted 3; Far Cry 3; BattleField 3; Hitman: Absolution; The Last Of Us; Need For Speed: Most Wanted; Special Ops: The Line!

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

One thing I love about L.A Noire, is it's atmosphere. Extremely well done & the face motion capture is just crazy. Although I never beat the game, a man can only turn so many empty bottles!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

What I can say it s a RockStar title LOL
    Very unique game playing around in the old L.A the graphics the drama scenario all r perfect done so is a MASTER PIECE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by AngeldeLeo View Post
    What I can say it s a RockStar title LOL
    Resums what I think, and im not a fanboy: just a big fan of Rockstar!

Red Dead Redemption; Battlefield:Bad Company 2; KillZone 3; L.A. Noir; Call Of Duty: MW3; Uncharted 3; Far Cry 3; BattleField 3; Hitman: Absolution; The Last Of Us; Need For Speed: Most Wanted; Special Ops: The Line!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12