Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What platinums have given you the most trouble?

This is a discussion on What platinums have given you the most trouble? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; What platinums have given you the most trouble. Here is what I mean by that, glitched trophies that did not ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

What platinums have given you the most trouble?

What platinums have given you the most trouble.

Here is what I mean by that, glitched trophies that did not pop until you had to do something out lf the way to get it like having to restart the ps3 add an extra playthrough of the game etc. Or do you have the game not unlocking everything required to get the trophy because of a glitch.

The first one the personally gave me trouble was NASCAR The Game 2011 where it would not unlock all the cars for ranking up because of a game design glitch. Just had to get up to rank 30 in the game without creating custom setups, creating custom cars, going online, or doing any of the career. I am happy to say that I got the a few days ago.

The second one that personally gave me trouble was Superstars V8 Racing. I completed what was required for a trophy and it did not pop. Also happy to say that I started the game earlier today, about 2 weeks after I got done with the second playthrough, and that popped.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

These ones:

Vanquish - That stupid Challenge 6. It screwed me up so many times, but I kept it at, and now I'm pretty much of the few (and first!) Aussies to have gotten it.

Dead Space 2. Hardcore Mode. No checkpoints. Three saves. Maximum difficultly. 15 chapters. Fuck me.

FF13 - Seriously, it took me about 120 hours to platinum this, half of which was grinding, farming and questing. I am never, ever, ever, ever, going to platinum this game ever again.

PRO Member

White Knight Chroc - a shit load of grinding, plus my PS3 f'ing crashed..with the only save i had buts me back in game one..

Ninja Gaiden Sig & 3 - two words (Tomonobu Itagaki)

AC: Brotherhood - i hate online trophies

Shadow of the Colossus - Mutha F'ing 3rd Colossi

Batman AA / AC - Too many challanges, and miss the robin DLC
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

♚ Overlord ♔

FF13: Too much grinding and the item quest made me do the game all over again cause I was missing one item. Never plating that again

GTA 4: Just cause of Wanted and AWP. Online trophies suck in general.

Batman AA: I was good at predator challenges but sucked at combat/ Batman AC: I was good at combat but sucked at predator?

Dead rising 2 OTR: 100,000 kills... Never see me doing that again

Red Dead Redemption: Maxing out the level cap after the patch would make you have the patience of a freakin monk.

A plat a month!

CoD: Black Ops - glitchy, two very tough levels on Veteran

Wolfenstein - Horrible MP trophies.

PRO Member

flasback mania mgs4 is the most recent one , blight quller still giving me truoble JEEZ!

Lvl 7 - Gold

forgot what game and trophy was. but i did everything to get the trophy, but id did not pop up, so i restarted the ps3 and continued playing the game still nothing, i restarted the ps3 sync the trophies and restarted the game nothing happened, then when i was going to switch the ps3 and thinking that iwould have to start the game again it popped while i was going nothing (and that was after 20 min of playing the game)

The Bushiest Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    These ones:

Vanquish - That stupid Challenge 6. It screwed me up so many times, but I kept it at, and now I'm pretty much of the few (and first!) Aussies to have gotten it.

Dead Space 2. Hardcore Mode. No checkpoints. Three saves. Maximum difficultly. 15 chapters. Fuck me.

FF13 - Seriously, it took me about 120 hours to platinum this, half of which was grinding, farming and questing. I am never, ever, ever, ever, going to platinum this game ever again.
    MAG took me 200 hrs total between pre and post patch. The whole plat is practically grinding and eventually you get to a point where you hope and pray that you do something that helps towards the plat.

I'd take 60 hrs over 200 hrs any day
    Last edited by Bushpig94; 08-19-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

With regards to glitches and other things like that i havent really had any problems.I suppose i have been quite lucky.Other than having games freeze while playing which could happen to anyone,never had any issues that i can remember.In terms of actual difficulty i have to say AC:B for obvious reasons and MvC3 because im not good at fighting games but i stuck at it and nailed it.FF13 wasnt a difficult plat imo,it just took a load of time to do but was well worth it in the end.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hi to everyone, i start using th site . In MGS3 i lose a snake and i got to play the hole game again and pick every animal again, Red Dead is my 1 platinum and i dont get some trouble.. sorry 4 the english im Brazilian

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    MAG took me 200 hrs total between pre and post patch. The whole plat is practically grinding and eventually you get to a point where you hope and pray that you do something that helps towards the plat.

I'd take 60 hrs over 200 hrs any day
    Yeah but that's enjoyable. I'd easily spend that amount of time playing an online shooter. In FF13 you killed the same monsters, in the same place, with the same combat system. That's boring as hell.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

1. Call of Duty World at War- The veteran mode made me want to throw my controller against the wall and destroy the t.v. it made me so mad.

2. Red Dead Redemption- How the west was one trophy let's just leave it at that haha

3. Skyrim- Leveling up to level 50 took soooooo long it was getting boring doing the same stuff over and over again, but I got!!!! To this day these three are my most proudest plats

4.Lego Indiana Jones 2- Before the patch a few trophies were glitched that made me do a bunch of stupid stuff to get the plat.

PRO Member

The KOF XII 1400 online matches was torture
    infamous i gave up on it couldnt find the last sharp and i screw the story mode

Angel of Death

Both of the Naruto Storm games. Freaking online blows, so I can't even get the Plat for Storm 2, but I did get Generations, which I was happy about, but was still annoying because of the Ninja Info Cards and Titles.

Send A Friend Request!

Spinter Cell HD was a pretty tough platinum for me.

Signature And Avatar Made By Kid420247

Member Of Perfect Platinum Streak
    Current Game - Batman Arkham City Game Of The Year Edition

Vive La Révelation!

For me, It was RAGE. The OC trophy was annoying and scary to be honest. Never knowing for sure if you’ll get the platinum, no matter how many hours you’ve put into the game.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Split/Second with those 2 time challenges was pretty frustrating. RedDead was a great game until I went for plat. Level 50 with such little XP for things was just brutal. Thankfully R* has triple XP sometimes. GTA IV was also amazing but finding pigeons, AWP, level 10, and of course the worst part of all was Fly The Co-op. I can't even tell you guys how many times I had to do the deal breaker mission. I even had a really good partner in Gohabsgo31 (baller) and we didn't pass that mission in time until about our 70th try, no joke.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Killing 1000 Dark Spawn in Dragon Age Origins and Bubble Master in LBP cause I had to play with 3 controllers myself….

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 2 - Bronze

LA Noire - Finding all the Cars was a pain.

Uncharted 1 - Crushing Level was a pain, it was really hard.

God of War 3 - Titan Level was really Hard.

Bioshock 2 - Online gaming sucks for the Trophies.
    Jesus is Lord!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

With me Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty... 'In it to win it' and ' Tell me a Tale' trophies (both silver) were glitched with me... had to delete the patch 1.03 of the game and play it offline again to have them... pretty annoying considering what it takes to plat this game

Another glitched plat is Ghostbusters: The video game. 'Gozer's Most Wanted' it's officially glitched and it's annoying to do all over again

"Could this be the end?... Is this the way I died?...
    Sitting here alone, no one by my side."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast