Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PSN recommendations

This is a discussion on PSN recommendations within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Yesterday I bought a $20 PSN card. I don't know why as I had enough GameStop power up rewards points ...

Bob 'n' Becca

PSN recommendations

Yesterday I bought a $20 PSN card. I don't know why as I had enough GameStop power up rewards points for the same item. I ended up redeeming my points for an additional twenty dollar card after I got home. Or at least I redeemedy points for a code they gave me that I have to take the store in order to get my card. But that's besides the point. I got the cards thinking that I wanted to get the mortal kombat klassic kollection and possibly street fighter iii online edition. I was also curious about the two onrails resident evil games. Now I'm not so sure. I think I still want mk but I'm really hesitant to get sf and I don't know how the two re titles play with the ps3 controller so I don't want to dump my dollars straight on them as I don't have move.

Can anyone make a recommendation for games strictly on PSN? Just recommend anything and I'll tell you if I already have it or I'll ask more about the type of game. Also if none has played the four games I mentioned specifically can you tell me about those? I'm not great at fighting games but I like mk.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Crocodile Hunter

Ignore everything you just said and buy Dungeon Defenders, you can thank me later

Sig by Apokolypz

Plats-O'-War!!

If you could save up and extra $30, you can get PS+!!! Tons of free PSN games along with a few heavyweights on the PSN as well!!!

Negator

I simply cannot recommend Dungeon Defenders enough. Possibly the best buy in the store.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 7 - Gold

Crysis

PS+, you'll get Just cause 2 and borderlands if you're quick

Dungeon Defenders - this is a unique game, not for everyone. try the demo before buying

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

PRO Member

yea 10 more bucks for ps plus cant beat it mad discounts and free games that will keep ou busy for a while.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Sound Shapes came out a couple weeks ago and I really enjoy it. It has a full trophy list and comes with a free version for the vita if you have one.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Sound Shapes is TOTALLY worth it.
    Also Dungeon Defenders.
    You could wait for Okami HD, after all it's only $20 and an amazing game.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Bob 'n' Becca

I already have ps+. Lol. I have just cause 2 and I also have dungeon defenders. I just have yet to play them. But PSN credits never expire right? If that's the case mayhaps I'll keep the money on my account and just play what I have since it's been suggested. My ps+ expires in November I believe so that'll be forty less bucks that I won't have to pay.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    I already have ps+. Lol. I have just cause 2 and I also have dungeon defenders. I just have yet to play them. But PSN credits never expire right? If that's the case mayhaps I'll keep the money on my account and just play what I have since it's been suggested. My ps+ expires in November I believe so that'll be forty less bucks that I won't have to pay.
    LOL! and yes, they DON'T expire, meaning you can spend it whenever you feel like it.

Bob 'n' Becca

Sound shapes was also recommended to me by a friend of mine. I didn't consider it because I didn't have the PSN cards at the time but I just may consider it now.

And has no one played the umbrella chronicles or the darkside chronicles? I've already played and beaten them both on wii but that was obviously with the wii remote. Does anyone know how the game handles with a standard ps3 controller? Is there a demo for the games so I can test it. I don't want to waste twenty five bucks in two games I'll never play.

Crocodile Hunter

Your best best would be, if you have PS+ on your current american account or wherever you live. Make a EU account and get PS+ for that as well so you can get all 12 free games

Sig by Apokolypz

Banned

Dead Nation... is probably my favorite PSN game... not too long ago I picked up the DLC just to have 100% in the game. It was a good challenge.

Bob 'n' Becca

I have dead nation too. I tried it briefly but didn't play it long enough to have an opinion. I just wish it hadn't been in that style of play. And I don't see the point in paying extra for a ps+ in another continent just for a few free games. How does one even create a European PSN account.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

I have dead nation too. I tried it briefly but didn't play it long enough to have an opinion. I just wish it hadn't been in that style of play. And I don't see the point in paying extra for a ps+ in another continent just for a few free games. How does one even create a European PSN account.
    Create a new psn profile and just put in a bogus Euro address. I have a Japanese account so I can access its PSN for demos and other things.

(Edit)
    Sound shapes was also recommended to me by a friend of mine. I didn't consider it because I didn't have the PSN cards at the time but I just may consider it now.

And has no one played the umbrella chronicles or the darkside chronicles? I've already played and beaten them both on wii but that was obviously with the wii remote. Does anyone know how the game handles with a standard ps3 controller? Is there a demo for the games so I can test it. I don't want to waste twenty five bucks in two games I'll never play.
    I haven't tried those Resident Evil games on the ps3 yet but I assume it plays like House of the Dead which I found to work pretty well with a regular controller.

Platinum Procrastinator

I'd suggest saving the money until something else comes out like a bundle package. You already have some games that you haven't started yet so play them in the meantime.

As for Sound Shapes, its a good game but really short. Can be finished in under six hours quite easily. However, if you own a Vita you can get it for both the PS3 and Vita while only having to buy it once. It also allows you to double plat it, ie, you get two platinum trophies for beating it one time as you can use the cloud sync to unlock the trophies on the other version.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Wait for Legasista tomorrow or Okami HD in september.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I too recommend Sound Shapes. I got it on day 1 and it's unlike anything else on the PS.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Counter Strike this week

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Bob 'n' Becca

I think I am going to go ahead an hold on to the credits. Thank you everyone for yer suggestions. I'm going to keep them in mind. As for the recommendations that I already have I'm going to go ahead and try them. PSN titles are great for right before I go to bed. A lot of free time I don't have and sometimes I don't want to waste the forty minutes I do have trying to get one difficult trophy. I'm not necessarily looking for trophies but I would like to be able to play some games and possibly get to the conclusion quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast