Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pax Prime 2012 - August 31st to September 2nd

This is a discussion on Pax Prime 2012 - August 31st to September 2nd within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Pax Prime is a Gaming convention that is open to the public that runs from August 31st to September 2nd. ...

INTJ

Pax Prime 2012 - August 31st to September 2nd

Pax Prime is a Gaming convention that is open to the public that runs from August 31st to September 2nd. It's located in Seattle Washington.

Tons of gaming stuff happens there, it's basically a giant advertisement hotpot.

if you have the mobile app called guidebook, you can look at the maps and everything right now since they haven't put the guide online yet, But Sony (They were literally absent from pax east for some reason), Microsoft, nintendo, 2k Games, Red 5 Studios, Bethesda all bought alot of room.

Shit that Companies are showing off:

Valve is doing a MASSIVE 1.6 Million dollar tournament based around Dota 2 two blocks away in it's own theater the whole entire time pax is going on (If you have a computer, you can watch it at home with a in-game spectator client here).

you can get into it with a Pax Prime pass, but those seats are very limited, Everyone else that enters requires that you buy a $49 ticket to get in (or watch it on your computer for free anywhere in the world.)

Hideo Kojima is going to talk about Metal Gear solid at Pax Prime. Even some stuff from the future of the series.

The Guys who Composed Assassins Creed and Deus Ex: HR are going to be talking about music stuff.

Square enix is doing a big final fantasy 25th Anniversary party at pax prime

The Indie Megabooth will be at pax again

Nobody isn't really saying much about what they are showing off besides that.

ill be at pax prime for the first time this year (by sheer luck i somehow managed to acquire a three day pass and stuff) so ill be there. if i'm really lucky i can ask valve for a tour of their company since they are only a 20 minute drive away from the hotel (they usually say yes to those requests).

INTJ

Ubisoft is bringing Assassin's Creed III and more to PAX -Destructoid

This year at PAX Prime, Ubisoft is showcasing a rather solid line-up of games. (Really, it's just nice to see Just Dance take a break for once.) The publisher will be occupying booths 612, 632, and 832 with Assassin's Creed III, Far Cry 3, Rayman Legends, ShootMania Storm, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and ZombiU.

If you're looking to get some hands-on time with the Wii U next week in Seattle, Rayman Legends seems like a terrific starting point. There's also an Assassin's Creed III panel planned for Friday, August 31 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm Pacific in the Main Theatre that'll probably be worth checking out.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-...d-at-pax-prime

343 Industries revealed Wednesday a little of what they have planned for Halo 4 at PAX Prime. Expect a new demo, revelations and a panel looking at the rebirth of Halo during the gaming convention next week.

343 will also be holding a panel at PAX Prime on Saturday, September 1 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Pegasus Theater. According to community manager Jessica "bs angel" Shea, the following will be covered.

With just a few weeks before Halo 4 launches, and the long awaited return of iconic hero, the Master Chief, 343 Industries will present a look at the evolution of a beloved franchise and the challenges and opportunities in rebuilding a familiar and beloved world. Join the storytellers, artists, and designers of Halo 4 as they show off some of that evolution and reveal even more secrets and features of the weapons, vehicles, gameplay, and characters that you’ll see when the Master Chief returns.

http://www.gamezone.com/products/bal...layable-at-pax

Beamdog will have a playable version of upcoming RPG, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, at PAX Prime which is set to take place in Seattle next week.

At the convention, Beamdog's Cori Dickinson will have an iPad with Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition ready to play. Using an upgraded version of the Infinity Engine, Enhanced Edition includes the entire Baldur's Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, never before seen content including a new adventure, and three new party members: The Calishite Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, Neera the Wild Mage, and Dorn Il-Khan, the evil blackguard.

http://www.gamezone.com/products/son...e-at-pax-prime

SEGA announced their PAX Prime lineup which consists of nine playable titles, one of which is currently an unannounced game.

Leading the lineup are two of SEGA's blockbuster titles Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Aliens: Colonial Marines. SEGA will also be showing off several digital titles including Jet Set Radio, Hell Yea! - Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, The Cave, NiGHTS into dreams, and Sonic Adventure 2.

Also making its Western debut will be popular multiplayer online role playing game, Phantasy Star Online 2, which launched to more than 730,000 players in less than one month in Japan.
    Topping it all off will be one currently unannounced digital title.

SEGA can be found in booths 242 and 252 at PAX in Seattle, Washington, from August 31 through September 2, 2012.

also

The only sane person here

Here's hoping I can go to PAX to try out the PSO2 demo going on right now, couldn't hurt as well to see what Nintendo has in stores.

INTJ

Watch The Last of Us from a dirty throne at PAX Prime | Joystiq

After waiting in line for (probably) hours to catch a glimpse of The Last of Us at PAX Prime later this week, Naughty Dog will usher you into their special demo area: a bathroom. More specifically, demos for The Last of Us will be stationed in an area modeled after a bathroom featured in the game's announcement trailer. The Last of Us will not be playable, Naughty Dog confirmed to Joystiq.

If you get a chance to watch the demo, Naughty Dog is handing out exclusive t-shirts featuring survivors Ellie and Joel (see them after the break). In a PlayStation Blog post, Naughty Dog also revealed a gorgeous poster (seen above) developed by artist Alexander Iaccarino from That Kid Who Draws, that will be given away to PAX attendees.

Game director Bruce Straley will be at the PlayStation booth (#222) on Saturday, September 1, from 5:00pm to 6:00pm and Sunday, September 2, from 11:00am to 12:00pm to sign posters.

Buy my book, Alteration

Dirty toilet gaming!

PS All-Stars is revealing at PAX, right?

I'm looking forward to all the games at PAX. Hopefully more Last of Us info, I still need that push to get it.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

INTJ

i may rush to the sony booth to see this game first (popular games get ransacked with 2 hour lines after 5 minutes of opening, which is why it's good to wake up at 5 AM And get into the lines first (people actually beated me to the lines of pax east opening even though i woke up at 5 am, but it was like 7 people.)) unless something else catches my eye

that poster is just too good to pass up

But Pax prime is being annoying, i want to go to the internationals first to buy the Courier plushes and exclusive merchandise shit. damn you valve for timing it the same time it opens.

Check Those Corners

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i may rush to the sony booth to see this game first (popular games get ransacked with 2 hour lines after 5 minutes of opening, which is why it's good to wake up at 5 AM And get into the lines first (people actually beated me to the lines of pax east opening even though i woke up at 5 am, but it was like 7 people.)) unless something else catches my eye

that poster is just too good to pass up
    Man you sure are lucky to get into Pax Prime. what are you looking forward to there PS360?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    Man you sure are lucky to get into Pax Prime. what are you looking forward to there PS360?
    Assassins creed 3, Last of Us, Dota 2, Wii U Stuff, and thats about it.

already saw some of the stuff they are promoing here at pax east so im not interested in a few of them (Rock band Blitz, Joe danger Sequel (<- this sequel is looking really good by the way), Aliens: colonial marines (So is this), etc.)

also

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...uncement-date/

Attract Mode and Fangamer host all-ages video game art show Saturday night at PAX | Joystiq

you guys don't even need a PAX ticket for this.

If you're in Seattle this week – perhaps for PAX Prime – then your Thursday night plans have been taken care of. You'll be at Joystiq's Borderlands 2 party, and you'd better say hi when you see us there. But PAX goes for four days, you say – what about the rest of the weekend? We'll cover Saturday for you as well: "Videogame collective" Attract Mode and videogame apparel site Fangamer are teaming up to hold a great big live art and game show, starting at 7pm on Saturday, September 1 in Seattle.

Cumulo Nimblers, Capy's Super Time Force, and Eric Zimmerman's Metagame will all be there and playable, 8-bit artist Danimal Cannon and hip-hop gamer MegaRan (he's good) will provide the tunes, and the whole show will be drenched in some of the best video-game related artwork you'll find (and which you can see examples of in the gallery below). It'll be a rad time indeed; it's an all ages show that's open to the public, and admission is $5.

The event starts at 7pm and goes until 11 on Saturday September 1, and you can find it at the 1927 Events space, at 1927 3rd Ave. in Seattle. As for your Friday and Sunday nights at PAX, well, you'll have to find your own party space for those.

you can see alot of the art here:

Fangamer Vs Attract Mode Pax 2012 Art Show | Galleries | Joystiq
    Last edited by Ps360; 08-29-2012 at 12:07 PM.

INTJ

Windows 8/RT Support Confirmed For Unreal Engine 3 – Unreal Engine 4 To Be Showcased At PAX | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming

Mark Rein, vice president of Epic Games said:

“The Unreal Engine 3-powered ‘Epic Citadel’ demonstration for Windows RT tablets implements our full DirectX 9 pipeline, with shaders and materials, all running beautifully on Tegra 3. By porting the full engine as opposed to a modified mobile version, NVIDIA and Epic have made it easy for UE3 developers around the world to bring their best content to Windows RT, Windows 8, and NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 processor. Windows RT code is available to licensees from Epic now and we’re excited to see the great games they develop with it.”
    In other Unreal Engine-related event news, Epic’s senior technical artist and level designer, Alan Willard, will showcase the Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) “Elemental” real-time demonstration this Saturday, September 1, at NVIDIA’s PAX Prime booth (#3747) from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. PDT.

INTJ

Playstation Store now has the Pax 12 Page up, apparently sony is showing their big lineup along with Persona 4 Golden and Guacamelee and puppeteer

Crocodile Hunter

didnt know you made this thread when i made mine lol

Sig by Apokolypz

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    didnt know you made this thread when i made mine lol
    it happens

DAY 1 summary for me:

games i saw:

Last of us

was sorta based on the E3 Demo, But took a alternate route, avoided the whole fight shown at the E3 Demo using stealth, and got involved in another battle shortly after. also the sound system accidentally crapped out halfway through the demo (SONY QUALITY) but fixed it

Opinion: looked really good, The AI is really well done and is easily the greatest AI Since the Source Engine's AI.

Games i Played:

Mainly Wii U Games. nothing else really

Project P-100

The Game is really fun, but the finger gestures can take awhile to get used to

Nintendo Land: Luigi's mansion level

I was the ultimate ghost baiter and destroyer, all fear me.

State of Decay

This Game looks amazing, Casual zombie gamers be damned. Base Building is really diverse, Apparently the Zombie AI treats the game like a RTS, and i glitched the game in front of people which made the devs go "what"

LittleBigPlanet Karting

Already had the beta, just played to get a free shirt

Metal Gear Solid Revengance

Anyone who is pissed off at this game because it's "not stealth" is dumb. This game is a really well made SPIN-OFF.

The rest of the day was spent at the Dota 2 Internationals.

Day 2 Wishlist:

Halo 4

Hideo Kojima Event

Possibly a sony game, if you want i can check out all stars or something. last of us is the only interesting thing at the sony booth.

Zombie-U if i can get the chance

dota dota dota dota

other bullshit

Wii U Controller:

how the hell is this thing lighter than the ps3/360 controllers. it also forms perfectly to my hands. haven't used the Pro pad but the game pad is really well done.

Dota 2 Internationals:

It feels like im at the superbowl. valve knows how to treat people.

also fuck timezones

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    it happens

DAY 1 summary for me:

games i saw:

Last of us

was sorta based on the E3 Demo, But took a alternate route, avoided the whole fight shown at the E3 Demo using stealth, and got involved in another battle shortly after. also the sound system accidentally crapped out halfway through the demo (SONY QUALITY) but fixed it

Opinion: looked really good, The AI is really well done and is easily the greatest AI Since the Source Engine's AI.

Games i Played:

Mainly Wii U Games. nothing else really

Project P-100

The Game is really fun, but the finger gestures can take awhile to get used to

Nintendo Land: Luigi's mansion level

I was the ultimate ghost baiter and destroyer, all fear me.

State of Decay

This Game looks amazing, Casual zombie gamers be damned. Base Building is really diverse, Apparently the Zombie AI treats the game like a RTS, and i glitched the game in front of people which made the devs go "what"

LittleBigPlanet Karting

Already had the beta, just played to get a free shirt

Metal Gear Solid Revengance

Anyone who is pissed off at this game because it's "not stealth" is dumb. This game is a really well made SPIN-OFF.

The rest of the day was spent at the Dota 2 Internationals.

Day 2 Wishlist:

Halo 4

Hideo Kojima Event

Possibly a sony game, if you want i can check out all stars or something. last of us is the only interesting thing at the sony booth.

Zombie-U if i can get the chance

dota dota dota dota

other bullshit

Wii U Controller:

how the hell is this thing lighter than the ps3/360 controllers. it also forms perfectly to my hands. haven't used the Pro pad but the game pad is really well done.

Dota 2 Internationals:

It feels like im at the superbowl. valve knows how to treat people.

also fuck timezones
    So how were the WiiU games really? Are the controls good? What about the graphics?
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

INTJ

P-100 Artstyle was really good, has a really good depth of field blur and everything, the cartoon style looks really good.

NintendoLand is Nintendo-quality, their games always look good, the HD-quality makes it even better.

The Controller is perfect for what it's trying to be, i honestly wouldn't change a thing about it. It's very light, my hands don't feel like they are in a bad spot, it's really nice. The Screen is pretty good quality, it's not a Samsung AMOLED HD screen or anything but it isn't low quality screen crap either.

As i said, i only played P-100 and Nintendo Land, i haven't touched anything else.

Crocodile Hunter

PS360, you reviewing nintendo is like a gamestop employee trying to sell you shit. no1 listens

Sig by Apokolypz

Saints Row IV

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    PS360, you reviewing nintendo is like a gamestop employee trying to sell you shit. no1 listens
    I do -_- LOL
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

INTJ

At the kojima event, and there's a ground zeroes poster at the front

gee wonder what this means

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Any Assassin's Creed Liberation footage from PAX doing the rounds?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

INTJ

It's assassins Creed quality gameplay wise

INTJ

Holy FUCKING shit

HOW THE FUCK IS THAT REALTIME ON A XBOX-SPEC'D PC?

ITS BEAUTIFUL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast