Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Copying Game Data Saves only available to Plus members?

This is a discussion on Copying Game Data Saves only available to Plus members? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Jakintosh Alright, let's clarify some things: 1) You can still copy game saves to flash drives and ...

Cipher sent us to hell

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Alright, let's clarify some things:

1) You can still copy game saves to flash drives and the like without PS+
    2) You still CAN'T copy "protected" game saves to flash drives, and you never could
    3) Buying PS+ gives you cloud space to store ALL game saves, regardless of if they are protected or not, since they can only be downloaded to that PSN ID, which is why the protected game saves exist in the first place
    4) Buying PS+ also gives you the ability to automatically backup your game saves to that cloud daily (or nightly, if you prefer)

What probably happened to you, OP, was that you didn't have a flash drive plugged in, so they only option for copying saves was to the cloud, which you don't have access to, hence the greyed out function. If you did have a flash drive plugged in, the save was probably "protected", so the cloud was still the only way to "copy" it, so it was still greyed out.

So to recap, for those without PS+, nothing has changed since the PS3 launched. For those with PS+, you now get the added functionality of backing up any save, including protected ones, to the cloud for retrieval later.

Hope this clarified some things.
    Agree with this post fully. I also want to add that PS+ is a great service and people should at least try it out for a little bit. You never know when your PS3 will YLOD, or the hard drive will fail. Manual backups are nice and should still be done, but it's nice to know that you can subscribe to a service that will do it automatically, plus give you some killer deals and free games monthly.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Game on....

You think not being able to backup game saves for dragon's dogma is bad?

Not being able to backup game saves of 'Star Ocean The Last Hope' is ten times worse!

Damn copy protection

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Alright, let's clarify some things:

1) You can still copy game saves to flash drives and the like without PS+
    This is not true anymore as of the lastest firmware update 4.31.

Now on the PS3 ALL GAME SAVES ARE LOCKED!!!

Test it out if you don't believe me. 3 months ago I transferred Yakuza 4 game saves to a USB flash drive to play on my other PS3. Those same game save files are now LOCKED!

(Wait a second... I joined last year and didn't post until now!?!
    )

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
    This is not true anymore as of the lastest firmware update 4.31.

Now on the PS3 ALL GAME SAVES ARE LOCKED!!!

Test it out if you don't believe me. 3 months ago I transferred Yakuza 4 game saves to a USB flash drive to play on my other PS3. Those same game save files are now LOCKED!

(Wait a second... I joined last year and didn't post until now!?!
    )
    Nope thatīs not true i just tested it on my non Playstation Plus account, i pressed the Copy icon with the PS plus icon and it gave me the option to transfer it to a Usb stick, And some saves have always been copy protected.

DH
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

they just recently required the plus thing for but i wont use plus because you have to set up a time for it to back up your saves and if your playing during that time your trophies wont unlock and youll have to delete the save and start all over so yeah as far as im concerned ps plus aint worth a flip

PSN ID: Devilhunter290
    Big thanks to D1Mech for this signature and avatar

Lvl 7 - Gold

You couldn't ever copy certain "locked" saves, period. Then Plus came along and opened up those locked saves because it's all linked right to your account. Be thankful they gave you a way to finally copy them.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12