Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Assassin's Creed 4 Confirmed

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed 4 Confirmed within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Nagflar You're right, but we still don't know how AC3 will conclude. For all we know, it ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    You're right, but we still don't know how AC3 will conclude. For all we know, it could end with someone else using the Animus and thus we will continue the franchice's story by following that new character, meaning we could finish up looking at 5+ games of using his ancestors.
    You say it like that's a bad thing
    I've liked all of the AC games so far, I hope they keep on milking it

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 4 - Silver

I don't mind games releasing yearly, If they actualy add improvements then i am happy and AC 3 looks Awesome especially how they modified how you run and walk. The AC have come a long way with improvements but Cod is the same shit as always(COD is fun sometimes but that series has just never taken a risk)

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    You say it like that's a bad thing
    I've liked all of the AC games so far, I hope they keep on milking it
    I've liked those I've played on the consoles, too, but too much milking is never good. Just look at SF and MK, which haven't done much in the past few years, and even if you and some others will sitll blindly buy them that doesn't make stagnation a good thing.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Cr8zGamer View Post
    I know what you are saying but what did you think they've been doing for the past 3 years with AC3. Make a whole new game with a new engine to run it and that same new engine will run AC4 with new set of skills i hope. Desmond story is at its end and we are going to have a new Assassin. like i said to that guy above this comment if you dont like it then dont even play it
    Oh I don't like any AC games except for 2 and I still have played them all (Brotherhood and Revelations borrowed from my friend that loves the series). I just think the series needs to end before we get Assassin's Creed 16, with 3 releases a year. If Desmond's story is ending, why not end the series? Maybe even make a new IP?! Now that would be just be unfathomable and craaaaaazy.

Lvl 9 - Gold

It's hardly surprising that AC4 has been announced, but still, I'm already excited about its release. I don't expect we'll see it for at least 2 years after AC3 is out, and hell, it may not even be on PS3, but nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it. A new cast of characters doesn't bother me, so long as the core aspects of the game remain; the things that made the AC series so great to begin with.

PRO Member

Can they give us some breathing room, I'm still working on the brotherhood Plat...have not even picked up Revelation yet...and with III on the horizon...damn.
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Oh I don't like any AC games except for 2 and I still have played them all (Brotherhood and Revelations borrowed from my friend that loves the series). I just think the series needs to end before we get Assassin's Creed 16, with 3 releases a year. If Desmond's story is ending, why not end the series? Maybe even make a new IP?! Now that would be just be unfathomable and craaaaaazy.
    They said they can make more as long the history fit well to the Universe, they already hit 5 different histories and met famous people through the game that what i love about the game, retelling or seeing history being shaped, re-creating landscapes like it was back in the days. They said in AC3 is will fill all of Connor's life, from a young boy, young adult to middle age. As for Desmond this is the final chapter to his story but we will see more of him in the game. They did joke about make 30 Assassin's Creed Games back when Brotherhood was announce. Having yearly release is basically buying time while the make of the 3rd (well 5th) game was being made since the fans wants to know what happen next (they said they already had everything plan out for the yearly games) and having to close the book on Ezio and Altair's story was good closure and know more about the End of the world plot. I know you want to to die and become a legend among games but like Alex said they will make more if we ask for it so if you want to this to die you need to talk to more then 3 million fans lol. I dont know if you heard but Ubisoft brough Domain names for the next AC titles one of them is AC IV and if you heard and seen Watch_Dogs, they are going to make more of that game to if the first one sells well which i think it will

Domain names for Assassin's Creed and Watch_Dogs

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    It's hardly surprising that AC4 has been announced, but still, I'm already excited about its release. I don't expect we'll see it for at least 2 years after AC3 is out, and hell, it may not even be on PS3, but nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it. A new cast of characters doesn't bother me, so long as the core aspects of the game remain; the things that made the AC series so great to begin with.
    You might be right, it could come out for the PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Eckes13 View Post
    Can they give us some breathing room, I'm still working on the brotherhood Plat...have not even picked up Revelation yet...and with III on the horizon...damn.
    Need to plat that soon bro or the rumor of the server shutting down comes

Buy my book, Alteration

I predicted as such, though the series needs serious innovation at this point.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Latin America please

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    you mean a game that releases yearly is coming out again?

mind=blown
    I read this and decided...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

PRO Member

I've liked those I've played on the consoles, too, but too much milking is never good. Just look at SF and MK, which haven't done much in the past few years, and even if you and some others will sitll blindly buy them that doesn't make stagnation a good thing.
    SF & MK are still going strong. It's not like they repeat the same things, (except for SF4/SSF4/AE) some stuff have been added or taken away making the gameplay different. Sometimes it's good but can be bad, it depends on the player.

SF4 I really enjoyed, SSF4 I tolerated.. but AE killed it! All of MK have been great, if you forget about that awful MK vs DC Universe

Sig by Smashguy

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Cr8zGamer View Post
    They said they can make more as long the history fit well to the Universe, they already hit 5 different histories and met famous people through the game that what i love about the game, retelling or seeing history being shaped, re-creating landscapes like it was back in the days. They said in AC3 is will fill all of Connor's life, from a young boy, young adult to middle age. As for Desmond this is the final chapter to his story but we will see more of him in the game. They did joke about make 30 Assassin's Creed Games back when Brotherhood was announce. Having yearly release is basically buying time while the make of the 3rd (well 5th) game was being made since the fans wants to know what happen next (they said they already had everything plan out for the yearly games) and having to close the book on Ezio and Altair's story was good closure and know more about the End of the world plot. I know you want to to die and become a legend among games but like Alex said they will make more if we ask for it so if you want to this to die you need to talk to more then 3 million fans lol. I dont know if you heard but Ubisoft brough Domain names for the next AC titles one of them is AC IV and if you heard and seen Watch_Dogs, they are going to make more of that game to if the first one sells well which i think it will

Domain names for Assassin's Creed and Watch_Dogs

Toggle Spoiler

If they wanted to make these long elaborate stories I don't think games were the best way to approach it. Maybe make each game longer (combining 2 games in one, with a transition of like "30 years later..." or something. There was a lot of bullshit that could've been cut from Revelations). If Assassin's Creed 3 fills all of Conner's life, then why didn't Assassin's Creed 2 do that for Ezio?

The Deathly Rhythm

AC3 is the last AC I get because I went with this story because of Desmond, and Ubisoft said this is the last Desmond story so this the last of me getting the game, I'm not gonna follow the Ubisoft spam train
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Ghost Assassin

I think that they're in danger of turning the AC Series into what the CoD series became. I hope that there will be a good reason for AC4 and that they don't keep milking the franchise.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    I think that they're in danger of turning the AC Series into what the CoD series became. I hope that there will be a good reason for AC4 and that they don't keep milking the franchise.
    If that's how you and others feel then why not ignore the series? Just because you have had enough they should stop making them? It's because you know you will buy/rent a copy once it becomes avaiable.
    I agree with what you said about AC4, but I'm hoping that for AC3 too

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos06 View Post
    AC3 is the last AC I get because I went with this story because of Desmond, and Ubisoft said this is the last Desmond story so this the last of me getting the game, I'm not gonna follow the Ubisoft spam train
    I told myself NG3 will be the last NG game I play.. but I doubt it will be.

Sig by Smashguy

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Wow, now I seriously won't support AC3. At first I though (despite the yearly release, yet again) that AC3 will be a great change for the series. New location, new everything. A real fresh jump & start for the series in a way. But a confirmation of another release before the release of the current game in the works is just annoying.. just like SR3 / 4. What is with the business today, nothing but crap milkage.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Assassin's Creed is a fantastic series of games and one of my all time favourites. I know AC3 will be epic and to get news that AC4 is coming is like doing a leap of faith into the hottub at the playboy mansion.

Originally Posted by owltalon012
    Ubisoft is just as bad as Activision, this series needs to die.

really? i don't quite think so some how! Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.
    I honestly can't agree with this ^^ more on both fronts!!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Really? Activison releases a new CoD every year and Ubisoft is releasing a new Ass Creed every year, and let's not count how much DLC both games have and how overpriced they are. Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about and your fanboyism is blinding you lol.
    i dont know, from playing AC there were some dlc that came to us for free and others at the cost of 10 bucks
    COD automatically slaps at least 15 bucks for each dlc

but i loook forward to it as long as the story is great i dont care for the MP aspect of it
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Angel of Death

I like that they are continuing it. more places to explore, which is awesome because I love history. Sure they might be throwing them out every year like Call of Duty, but each game is a new experience, with the territory to explore, and enhanced game play in each one. I think it's going to be great! Some series' don't deserve to die off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast