Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Assassin's Creed 4 Confirmed

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed 4 Confirmed within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So AC 4 right away and no AC 3 side stories ..hmm interesting. Then again the vita game is surpose ...

PRO Member

So AC 4 right away and no AC 3 side stories ..hmm interesting. Then again the vita game is surpose to be linked to 3 so I cause thats the side story.

Lvl 7 - Gold

cant say i am excited for the number 4 but i am willing to play it
    just wont be a day 1 buy for me

Crocodile Hunter

I thought this was supposed to be a trilogy? AC 4 is not a trilogy

Sig by Apokolypz

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Really? Activison releases a new CoD every year and Ubisoft is releasing a new Ass Creed every year, and let's not count how much DLC both games have and how overpriced they are. Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about and your fanboyism is blinding you lol.
    Oh right, so because the Assassin's Creed games have been released yearly, ubisoft automatically become as bad as Activision? ACIII took years to make to make and it is being released this year. Just because Ubisoft had the good business sense to release Brotherhood and Revelations inbetween ACII and ACIII, doesn't make them Activision!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Interesting, i will buy every game of AC that will be released but i already hate the multiplayer aspect of the game and i really hope they gonna drop that some time.
    -
    -

Lvl 4 - Silver

Why am I not surprised?

To Be Announced

Feasibly, if the Desmond arc of the current series ends with III and IV starts anew, is the Animus a "necessity" once his story ends? IV could tell an Animus-free story that could stand alone or build into another multi-game narrative spread over time rather than having to be chained down by having to include a "present day" plotline. I think when most casual people think of the series, they think of Altair and Ezio over Desmond--that is, the assassins doing their thing in history. Being free of finishing the Desmond arc could allow Ubisoft to focus squarely on what [I think] people go to these games for in the first place while crafting a fresh, singular storyline.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    I thought this was supposed to be a trilogy? AC 4 is not a trilogy
    I think Desmond's story was supposed to be a trilogy.

AC3 is looking so awesome right now that this news makes me happy. Would love it to be in ancient China, Egypt or Victorian England.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Saints Row IV

I dont want new AC every year, i want to them to take they're time and make good games.ACIII isnt even out yet and ACIV is confirmed? WTF?
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Oh right, so because the Assassin's Creed games have been released yearly, ubisoft automatically become as bad as Activision? ACIII took years to make to make and it is being released this year. Just because Ubisoft had the good business sense to release Brotherhood and Revelations inbetween ACII and ACIII, doesn't make them Activision!!
    Actually I would beg to differ. Assassin's Creed is very similar to CoD. They both are released on a yearly basis. Granted they both have more than one development team working on them. Neither series has had any vast improvement added to them. And AC: B and AC:R where games that were truthfully not really needed. Especially AC:B, which played like a $60 DLC. Ubisoft may not be on the same level as Activision. But they both are milking the hell out of their top franchise IP's. That can't be disputed. No matter how much someone may enjoy either series.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

The Deathly Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by platzreign View Post
    Actually I would beg to differ. Assassin's Creed is very similar to CoD. They both are released on a yearly basis. Granted they both have more than one development team working on them. Neither series has had any vast improvement added to them. And AC: B and AC:R where games that were truthfully not really needed. Especially AC:B, which played like a $60 DLC. Ubisoft may not be on the same level as Activision. But they both are milking the hell out of their top franchise IP's. That can't be disputed. No matter how much someone may enjoy either series.
    I agreed with all of this, ACB felt like a filler that should of been a TV series
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Gothams Silent Protector

Oh great another AC. Frankly not even the least bit surprised. Brotherhood was meh, Revelations was a dissapointment, quite frankly id play AC1 even with all its bugs over the last two games which werent innovative whatsoever. The multi-player is the one that killed the franchise for me. I was looking forward to 3 till i played Revelations which everyone hyped up before launch and now I just cancelled my AC3 pre-order. Im just gonna wait till the new AC games go into the bargain bins or some hardcore sale. Really hope they drop MP though and stop forcing people to play it by having the trophies for it and shoving it in your face by havin MP trophies on the list appear first before the actual story and campaign of the game, hell even CoD doesnt do MP trophies.

If it werent for Brotherhood and Revelations, id love the series still. That and im just tired as hell of Ezio. Shoulda ended his story with 2

Lvl 7 - Gold

assassin creed new cod
    new game every year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSamurai View Post
    Oh great another AC. Frankly not even the least bit surprised. Brotherhood was meh, Revelations was a dissapointment, quite frankly id play AC1 even with all its bugs over the last two games which werent innovative whatsoever. The multi-player is the one that killed the franchise for me. I was looking forward to 3 till i played Revelations which everyone hyped up before launch and now I just cancelled my AC3 pre-order. Im just gonna wait till the new AC games go into the bargain bins or some hardcore sale. Really hope they drop MP though and stop forcing people to play it by having the trophies for it and shoving it in your face by havin MP trophies on the list appear first before the actual story and campaign of the game, hell even CoD doesnt do MP trophies.

If it werent for Brotherhood and Revelations, id love the series still. That and im just tired as hell of Ezio. Shoulda ended his story with 2
    You just cancelled your pre-order of AC3 (a game that has been in development alongside AC:B and AC:R for 3 years and is the end of the Desmond saga) because AC4 has been confirmed? lol!
    As if nobody wasn't expecting AC4 in the first place...

Lvl 5 - Silver

I don't see the problem everyone is having. I've enjoyed each game and look forward to more in the AC universe. While i think AC2 was the most innovative, brotherhood and revelations stand on their own as solid titles. With each one adapting and expanding/refining the gameplay. AC3 looks to surpass all of them so far and i'm curious to see what direction they go with AC4.

While it does release every year i really don't see that as a bad thing. Personally i wish some more of my favorite franchises had the ability to release that quickly. It doesn't take away from the game/universe on the whole by being released every year unless they start releasing games which don't expand the story and innovate in some ways on the gameplay. Until that happens i'll continue to support them.

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

good to hear. Though i sort of wish it wasn't an annual thing

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

Gothams Silent Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    You just cancelled your pre-order of AC3 (a game that has been in development alongside AC:B and AC:R for 3 years and is the end of the Desmond saga) because AC4 has been confirmed? lol!
    As if nobody wasn't expecting AC4 in the first place...
    I cancelled 3 because I hated brotherhood and revelations.

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by stealthkiller22 View Post
    assassin creed new cod
    new game every year
    Well that makes absolute sense? So your saying that the call of duty and assassin's creed games should be avoided because of your lame reasoning? I swear you couldn't make this shit up....

Angel of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Well that makes absolute sense? So your saying that the call of duty and assassin's creed games should be avoided because of your lame reasoning? I swear you couldn't make this shit up....
    Agreed. I find it annoying that people think a game will suck because it comes out every year. People will buy it, people will enjoy it. If you don't like it, don't do either of those things. lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSamurai View Post
    I cancelled 3 because I hated brotherhood and revelations.
    So even though you beat Brotherhood a year ago and hated it, you still bought Revelations and and beat that too, oh and you also hated that.
    Seems legit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast