Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Assassin's Creed 4 Confirmed

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed 4 Confirmed within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I haven't read this whole thread, but I've seen some comments along the line of "Just end it already, let ...

Indie Game Developer

I haven't read this whole thread, but I've seen some comments along the line of "Just end it already, let it go." To that I say: We've let the Mario IP live for 25 years. Mario is a plumber who saves princesses. Assassin's Creed is a tale about the fine line between right and wrong, good and evil. It delves into history and conspiracy, and gives people insight into how things used to be in different times and places. Now, what kind of franchise deserves to live for 25 years? Mario, or Assassin's Creed? I'd rather have 100 AC games in existence than 100 Mario games, but if people want to kill it after only 5, then I really don't understand how gamers think. The AC franchise has an infinite number of possibilities for it's future, many roads it can take. While Revelations may have been a step in the wrong direction (because Brotherhood was fantastic) that doesn't mean it's time to kill this franchise. There are still so many stories to tell.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

PRO Member

...while this isn't bad news its just ... wrong
    Like wtf Ubisoft you haven't even released AC3 yet, and you are already talking about AC4 ... come on -___-

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Check Those Corners

Little too early to announce it since there current game has not even released yet?

Gothams Silent Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    So even though you beat Brotherhood a year ago and hated it, you still bought Revelations and and beat that too, oh and you also hated that.
    Seems legit.
    Indeed legit, if you start something, why not finish it? The thing that made me get Brotherhood was the fact that almost all of my friends praised it. Wasnt that great. With Revelations being the last of the Ezio story that referred back to Altair, which to be honest I liked more than Ezio, and tied into it. Yea, Im going to play it to see how the story 'finished'. But after playing it, to be honest the only parts I liked were the Altair parts.

I had pre ordered AC3 when it was announced that it was available for pre order, way before playing Revelations. So really Revelations killed my wanting to play 3. That and playing them so close together Id get tired and bored as hell of it, which wouldnt be fair in giving it a proper chance.

We'll see how 3 goes and if it is actually worth the hype this time around, and maybe Ill pick it up on boxing day for a significantly lower price.
    Just no way Ill be getting it day one.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rune2303 View Post
    ...while this isn't bad news its just ... wrong
    Like wtf Ubisoft you haven't even released AC3 yet, and you are already talking about AC4 ... come on -___-
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty
    Little too early to announce it since there current game has not even released yet?
    If memory serves, I'm sure that Ubisoft actually announced AC3 before they'd even released AC2, so it's not like they haven't pulled this particular stunt before.

As much as I want to pick up ACIII upon its release, my backlog of games is still pretty substantial, and I really want to try and reduce it before buying any new games, so I may have to wait until after Xmas and hope for a possible price reduction. We'll see how it goes...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

This is cool I thought AC was over after 3. They usually are ended after 3.
    Jesus is Lord!!

Fight the Future

I find it very humorous the same people that bitch that Activision publish a Call of Duty every year are praising Ubisoft for doing the exact same thing. ACIII does seem good though but I'll be waiting for a price drop before they see my money.

Hero of Kvatch

As excited as I am about AC3 and 4, it does seem now that the Assassin's Creed series is a cash cow. 1, 2 and Brotherhood were amazing (in my opinion) but they have seemed to have gotten slightly worse as each now game is released, and are starting to seem a bit rushed like releasing DLC that actually completes the game, not expands it (AC2 sequences 12 and 13 anyone?) I'll wait and see how AC3 goes first before I start to excited about AC4

"War, war never changes."

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_TKO View Post
    As excited as I am about AC3 and 4, it does seem now that the Assassin's Creed series is a cash cow. 1, 2 and Brotherhood were amazing (in my opinion) but they have seemed to have gotten slightly worse as each now game is released, and are starting to seem a bit rushed like releasing DLC that actually completes the game, not expands it (AC2 sequences 12 and 13 anyone?) I'll wait and see how AC3 goes first before I start to excited about AC4
    AC3 is anything but rushed. It has been worked on for years.

Lvl 5 - Silver

How can they already anounnce AC4 when AC3 hasn't even come out yet.But I'm still excited for it.

Sig by Bladia

Banned

Well it looks very likely that the next Assassin's Creed will be set in Brazil and may contain coop.

The next Assassin's Creed game may be set in Brazil. Ubisoft Brazil managing director Bertrand Chaverot told Techtudo this week that the next entry in the company's stealth-action series is heading to the South American country.

The report was published in Portuguese and GameSpot has confirmed the translation. A representative from Ubisoft's North American outfit was not immediately available for comment.
    The Assassin's Creed franchise is no stranger to Brazil. This year's Assassin's Creed III had missions set in the South American country.
    Ubisoft has released a new core Assassin's Creed game every year since 2009, though no new entry is confirmed for 2013. However, a recent Ubisoft survey suggested a new game in the franchise--that may include co-op--could be on store shelves next year.
    When you think about it, it makes sense, if they want to continue Connor that is, more colonies to conquer!

Lvl 8 - Gold

With how AC3 turned out I'm not interested in it much. I'll probably get it somewhere down the line but I'm not pre-ordering it like I did with AC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    AC3 is anything but rushed. It has been worked on for years.
    That doesn't mean it's not rushed. The story feels rushed and the game has a serious amount of bugs.

Rangers F.C

I liked ACIII but for me it still needs to evolve a bit more the Homestead was cool , the naval stuff excellent and the hunting was cool but it offered no real point in doing it , sure you could sell the skins but would be better if you had to hunt to feed yourself too . The combat for me looks great but is just far too easy and after a while boring IMO , sure you want the assassin to be able to take on a group of guys but I was playing the game for hours at a time and the only thing killing me was going the wrong way or desynchronization . The game looked great and felt fresh for a while but I ended up trading it in because it was not worth keeping and loosing more money on the trade value , have it on order at Lovefilm and will finish it when they send it .

On topic , I don't care either way if they make another one

Assassins Creed = Excellent because it was new
    Assassins Creed 2 = Excellent
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood = very average
    Assassins Creed Revelations = very lame ( cash grab ) should never have been released
    Assassins Creed III = more than a few steps in the right direction but not great and pathetic main character who goes against the whole period in time .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 9 - Gold

It's too early to be giving much thought to AC4 yet. However, given that there has been a gap of 2 or 3 centuries between Altair's and Ezio's games, and again between Ezio's and Connor's..... if this trend continues, I'm just worries that AC4 will end up taking place in the mid-to-late 20th century, or even in the 21st century. I sure wouldn't want it to take place during the first Gulf War or something, you know! I'm also concerned that if it jumps forward in time again, then the series will lose its emphasis on bladed weapons and hand-to-hand combat, and shift more towards utilising firearms and ranged combat.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Assassins Creed is just as bad as COD. Complete garbage (only AC2 was a huge improvement / good). but this is just a joke (all the new releases every dam second) & one major reason I am losing my passion for gaming, or at least some of my interest. I've noticed I'm starting to get so careless that I prefer pick up & play games now. (shooters, fighting), ew..

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234