Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Assassin's Creed 4 Confirmed

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed 4 Confirmed within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Assassin's Creed 4 has been confirmed through an interview. Hardly a surprise considering the history of the franchise (pun intended ...

Banned

Assassin's Creed 4 Confirmed

Assassin's Creed 4 has been confirmed through an interview.
    Hardly a surprise considering the history of the franchise (pun intended )
    No details were given other than the fact that it will get new characters.
    Google Vertalen

PRO Member

I am fine with this. As long as they get rid of Desmond and that cast of characters I think the Assassin's Creed world is a very deep one to explore. The series is one of my favorites this gen and has not felt stale to me yet, unlike a lot of other people.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 6 - Silver

This makes me happy
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Death is Awaiting....

<-- Is happy in the pants

Sig by Achantion

PRO Member

AC will never die

Sig by Smashguy

INTJ

you mean a game that releases yearly is coming out again?

mind=blown

Avy=DARE, Sig=Djung

i don't know if i'll buy I'm getting tired of stealthy games but it all depends on how #3 turns out to be if great then I'm down

^^^^^^^^^Made by BEAM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kiwi Defender

Is anyone surprised? I expect a 2015 release date, with a few spin-offs/side-stories getting released in-between.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The only series I do not mind getting more of!
    The best series ever made.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't mind at all. I'm loving the Assassin's Creed series and still am. I would play the next 5 assassin's creed games before getting bored.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ubisoft is just as bad as Activision, this series needs to die.

Aes Dana

Assassin's Creed is a fantastic series of games and one of my all time favourites. I know AC3 will be epic and to get news that AC4 is coming is like doing a leap of faith into the hottub at the playboy mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by owltalon012 View Post
    really? i don't quite think so some how! Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Timeless-Enigma; 08-21-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Is anyone surprised? I expect a 2015 release date, with a few spin-offs/side-stories getting released in-between.
    Woah woah woah, 3 years is far too long to wait for 3+ games.

This is one of the least innovative franchises to be perfectly honest (one of them, not the least, though a lot of series' are just copy pasta). If you look at the differences between Brotherhood and Revelations (both are games that didn't need to happen), there's what? A hook that lets you climb a foot higher than before? Just end the damn series before it looks like this:

Toggle Spoiler

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

This along with GoW are some of my favourite series of games and wether people get bored of them or not i personally love playing them.Ive had great fun with the previous installments and look forward to more fun with AC3 and then 4 or whatever else may get released.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I don't think that will be the case this time.
    AC3 is Desmond's last game and I doubt think they can continue one of his Ancestors stories (Conner in this case) without Desmond using the Animus.
    Also Ubisoft have already stated that AC3 will show off all the key points in Conner's life, so he will be ageing during the course of the game and the seasons and years will pass as you play, so I think it's safe to say AC4 will be up next.

PRO Member

You need to go and die

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 4 - Silver

If you dont like it then dont play it, its that simple

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post

This is one of the least innovative franchises to be perfectly honest (one of them, not the least, though a lot of series' are just copy pasta). If you look at the differences between Brotherhood and Revelations (both are games that didn't need to happen), there's what? A hook that lets you climb a foot higher than before? Just end the damn series before it looks like this:

Toggle Spoiler

I know what you are saying but what did you think they've been doing for the past 3 years with AC3. Make a whole new game with a new engine to run it and that same new engine will run AC4 with new set of skills i hope. Desmond story is at its end and we are going to have a new Assassin. like i said to that guy above this comment if you dont like it then dont even play it

Indie Game Developer

We'll see how this plays out. The AC brand right now is kind of teetering on the edge. If AC3 shapes up to be as phenomenal as it looks, and they don't go sequel crazy like on AC2, then it will be in the perfect position to keep going. They need to stop yearly releases though, maybe do yearly things on the Vita/3DS to expand the story or something, but they should really start a new story arc after 3 and explore some other things in the AC universe.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    I don't think that will be the case this time.
    AC3 is Desmond's last game and I doubt think they can continue one of his Ancestors stories (Conner in this case) without Desmond using the Animus.
    Also Ubisoft have already stated that AC3 will show off all the key points in Conner's life, so he will be ageing during the course of the game and the seasons and years will pass as you play, so I think it's safe to say AC4 will be up next.
    You're right, but we still don't know how AC3 will conclude. For all we know, it could end with someone else using the Animus and thus we will continue the franchice's story by following that new character, meaning we could finish up looking at 5+ games of using his ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Woah woah woah, 3 years is far too long to wait for 3+ games.

Toggle Spoiler

As long as there are fanboys like those in this thread, the franchice will live on.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    really? i don't quite think so some how! Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Really? Activison releases a new CoD every year and Ubisoft is releasing a new Ass Creed every year, and let's not count how much DLC both games have and how overpriced they are. Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about and your fanboyism is blinding you lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Predictable, but still lame.

I hate when good franchises get turned into cows to be milked.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast