Few questions about a different region PSN account

This is a discussion on Few questions about a different region PSN account within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have a few questions about a different region account if anyone could answer... I realise some of them probably ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Few questions about a different region PSN account

I have a few questions about a different region account if anyone could answer... I realise some of them probably have been answered before, but I don't think all of them have been so sorry if it's a duplicate thread.

I) If I were to register for a US account, could I download them, and then install them as my main user (ie. I am the only one who has an account on my ps3, but only have a UK account. So if I were to download a game from the US psn store from a different account, could I use it on the main UK one for benefits of trophies and save data?)

II) Do I have to have a different user on my PS3 to make a new psn account? [if no, this probably answers question I]

III) Can I use the same card that I have registered for my other account that I use for my UK account?

IV) Presumably, buying something from the US store with a UK card would automatically do the conversion...

V) DLC is usually region locked, right?

Just wondering because the US store seems to have a lot better stuff than the UK one, and usually gets it before us too.. Cheers
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Retired

I) Yes

II) No need for anything, just an email.

III) Nope.

IV) Read III.

V) Yes. Based on the game you have.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Cool, quick reply and helpful thanks!
    Think that pretty much clears it up for me lol.
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    [

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    Cool, quick reply and helpful thanks!
    Think that pretty much clears it up for me lol.
    You're welcome and thanks for the rep .

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post

I) If I were to register for a US account, could I download them, and then install them as my main user (ie. I am the only one who has an account on my ps3, but only have a UK account. So if I were to download a game from the US psn store from a different account, could I use it on the main UK one for benefits of trophies and save data?)

II) Do I have to have a different user on my PS3 to make a new psn account? [if no, this probably answers question I]

III) Can I use the same card that I have registered for my other account that I use for my UK account?

IV) Presumably, buying something from the US store with a UK card would automatically do the conversion...

V) DLC is usually region locked, right?

Just wondering because the US store seems to have a lot better stuff than the UK one, and usually gets it before us too.. Cheers
    1. yes. you can use them on your main UK account for the trophies and also your new US account

2. yes, you will need a email account tho

3. not quite sure what your asking, if you mean PSN card then no, you can only use a US card for a US account etc

4. and now i understand 3 lol, read above comment

5. Yes its region locked, US = US only, however EU and AUS are under the same region for 80% of their games so the DLC will usually work. however not all of it so just double check to be sure.

Here is a website that you can buy AUS/EU/US cards from, all you need is a debit/credit card and your all set

PC Game Supply - Game Cards, Xbox, Playstation, iTunes Online

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    3. not quite sure what your asking, if you mean PSN card then no, you can only use a US card for a US account etc
    PC Game Supply - Game Cards, Xbox, Playstation, iTunes Online
    I meant the same credit/debit card I used, but think Sly answered this for me, thanks for the info on psn cards and the website though.
    Cheers guys
    [

Closing this account

The only thing you will have to worry about is if you have a PS+ subscription and those games you download that have a time expiration date can only be played on the account with the PS+ subscription on it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Ah ok. Not a problem for me atm as I don't have a ps+ subscription [not yet at least], but useful to know. thanks mate
    [