Ubisoft "Piracy Rate 95% or Higher".

This is a discussion on Ubisoft "Piracy Rate 95% or Higher". within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ubisoft: PC piracy rate around 95%, F2P is the way forward | VG247 Its around a 93-95 per cent piracy ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ubisoft "Piracy Rate 95% or Higher".

Ubisoft: PC piracy rate around 95%, F2P is the way forward | VG247

Its around a 93-95 per cent piracy rate, so it ends up at about the same percentage. The revenue we get from the people who play is more long term, so we can continue to bring content.

Although Guillemot was quick to sing the praises of F2P, he warned that it is not precisely the future, not with new consoles on the horizon. He stressed that Ubisoft and others need to remain cautious with this ever-evolving market.
    I call bullshit on that. Anyways, People need to pirate more.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by owltalon012 View Post
    Ubisoft: PC piracy rate around 95%, F2P is the way forward | VG247

I call bullshit on that. Anyways, People need to pirate more.
    No they don't. Do you know that every time you pirate something you're conning people out of money they worked for, of course smaller companies will get hurt by this a lot more than big time companies, and in turn they will have to accept lower income meaning in many cases it will be harder for them to do the simple things like feeding their family, and paying the bills and in some cases will get put out of business.
    There are so many people in the world today that can barely scrape together a living and rely on every cent they get.
    You just don't hear about their stories much and how piracy affects them because nobody cares.
    If you don't like a product, don't buy it, if you do, then buy it, if you can't afford to buy it, rent it.
    Piracy is stealing, fuck piracy.

Platinum Dohvakiin

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    No they don't. Do you know that every time you pirate something you're conning people out of money they worked for, of course smaller companies will get hurt by this a lot more than big time companies, and in turn they will have to accept lower income meaning in many cases it will be harder for them to do the simple things like feeding their family, and paying the bills and in some cases will get put out of business.
    There are so many people in the world today that can barely scrape together a living and rely on every cent they get.
    You just don't hear about their stories much and how piracy affects them because nobody cares.
    If you don't like a product, don't buy it, if you do, then buy it, if you can't afford to buy it, rent it.
    Piracy is stealing, fuck piracy
    That's not always the case. For why people pirate games, especially PC games. I love Chess, and I mean LOVE it. So when Battle vs. Chess came out. I wanted it. Problem being. I couldn't find the game anywhere. And the one place I did find the game. They wanted $90 for it plus shipping. So I pirated it. Because I'm not paying that much cash for a game that retailed for $40.
    Secondly the way Ubisoft treats the PC gamers. It's no wonder why a lot of their games get pirated in the first place. Because Ubisoft is one of the worst gaming companies towards PC gamers. The crap and hoops they make PC gamers jump through is ridiculous.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

100% Grizzly

In my experience pirating games seems to dwindle down when people get a source of income and can readily buy games.

Lvl 7 - Gold

it just those people who dont really want to give any money and play games for free as it can easily be pirated on PC

Negator

It's only Ubisoft...who cares.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    It's only Ubisoft...who cares.
    although i laugh at this all studios and developers get pirated but yeah ^^^^^

It is time for me to go underground

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Piracy has been here for a long time when there's a will there's a way
    I don't play pc games but when I do I don't pay for them
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Piracy is stealing, fuck piracy.
    Wow! I think that may well be the best and most memorable post of yours that I've ever read!