Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PS4 to support 4K resolution!

This is a discussion on PS4 to support 4K resolution! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by CallmeNasty You do realize that sony does not give a SHIT what you say they do wrong. ...

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    You do realize that sony does not give a SHIT what you say they do wrong. right.
    they don't give a shit about anyone.

thats why they are failing massively as a company right now with continued losses.

Just like Electronic Arts.

also nice job derailing the thread again folks

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    But at the start of this gen a lot of people didn't have HD tvs either (the 360 didn't even support HDMI when it launched).

By the time the system is in its 2nd or 3rd year this will probably be the norm in most households.
    True, we can then hope these new TVs go the same way (probably faster, which would be better ).

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    Yeah cause they do not need idiots like you on there ass all the time. Seriously, just keep a bookmark to the nintendo only section because you seriously never support sony. Go play your Wii and the only 2 good games on it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Resident PHD

OK, if you want to derail a Trains thread go to one of the 1000 that he posts about nothing, not the one that actually has real news in it.

Also when I am the voice of reason then you know there is a problem. Take it to the PMs or leave that shit be.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Check Those Corners

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    they don't give a shit about anyone.

thats why they are failing massively as a company right now with continued losses.

Just like Electronic Arts.

also nice job derailing the thread again folks
    Seriously, how the FUCK has nintendo listened to peoples complaining? Please explain because you clearly do not know THE FUCK about the gaming industry.

Also nice job at derailing Electronic Arts every time you prove a point.

Lvl 4 - Silver

You got to be kidding me then Sony you better support 4k and 1080p at 60 frames per second in every game. LOL i have never heard of 4k resolution, i guess they just haven't made enough of those TVīs to make me notice it

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    You got to be kidding me then Sony you better support 4k and 1080p at 60 frames per second in every game. LOL i have never heard of 4k resolution, i guess they just haven't made enough of those TVīs to make me notice it
    You can buy a 36 Incher right now that supports 4K for $35,700!

Eizo to Showcase 4,096 x 2,160 LCD Monitor

Resident PHD

thanks sony for supporting a way to high resolution way too early. it's a nice idea but if i have to spend 35 grand to experience it no thank you.
    Sad thing is there are people who will pay that. I remember when 3D tvs came out and they were like 6000$ I sold 3 in one demo.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 9 - Gold

Its obviously for the future. They are bound to come down in price but the PS4 will support it from the start.

Like 3D TV's are much cheaper now.

Sony are planning ahead

Lvl 4 - Silver

LOL nothing supports it, but yeah people will buy this overpriced piece of crap and then after a year it will only cost around 800 bucks to get one 30 inch 4k probably just like everything does.

дурак

be careful sony apple might sue you for having the number 4.

if the ps4 can support that resolution with anti-aliasing of some sort ill be impressed.

if not it's for fucking nothing.

also if you want a comparison of 1080p and 4k, here's a graph

http://i.imgur.com/YgrAB.jpg
    Thank you, I read the title and had no fucking clue what 4K was. I need to buy a new TV anyway, my tiny ass 22 inch isn't going to cut it.

*sees above posts about how much said TV's Cost*

Lol nope
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Trophy Guide Kitten

So let's not derail this thread, or flame and harass others. I might accidentally hit the infraction button to some people. K? Thanks
    K? Thanks

Lvl 4 - Silver

4k? Damn... I only just got an LCD 2 years ago and it barely fits where I put it :/

Closing this account

Think of the heat that monster will put out. Gaming in the summertime will not be fun unless your A/C can go to -0

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Lvl 4 - Silver

I have just realised one problem with this which could affect a the console quite negatively. The file size, currently the PS3 does full 720 and semi- 1080 (By that I mean it does it but not often). Even now file sizes can reach 12GB+. Imagine the problem of having to download 40GB games just because they use a resolution you probably won't have access to.

For example here some common Video file formats I have seen and the size of the video (In MP4 format, Most of these were around 2 minutes unless I say otherwise). I know this isn't the same as games consoles but it's to give an idea of the difference resolution makes.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 4 - Silver

I really hope this is true The games would look great.

Here is a example what 4K would look like: (Ofcourse I believe we don't have monitors with 4k but still )
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

Rangers F.C

Like the sound of this 4K resolution , I firstly love games of all types whether good or bad graphics but Ps360 is right about the graphics they should be better and having a decent PC you can notice huge advances in the graphics when you enable anti-aliasing in games that you played on PS3 . I think that they should develop 1080p first cause 1080p with anti-aliasing on a PC is near perfect and really shows up how far behind PS3/Xbox really are .

I don't want to shell out another couple hard earned grand then notice that the games run in 720P again . I had a standard HD TV and purchased a 1080P TV to get the best graphics and then found my old TV was good enough to run 90% off the games . If they saying 4k resolution then what should we expect the game developers to run the games in .

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    I really hope this is true The games would look great.

Here is a example what 4K would look like: (Ofcourse I believe we don't have monitors with 4k but still )
    OMG if that's what the future of game graphics is going to be then it is a big factor in buying it obviously when the 4K TV's come down in price by a LOT. Graphics don't make the game but they do make it more enjoyable as well. Sometimes I think graphics affect gameplay as well.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    OMG if that's what the future of game graphics is going to be then it is a big factor in buying it obviously when the 4K TV's come down in price by a LOT. Graphics don't make the game but they do make it more enjoyable as well. Sometimes I think graphics affect gameplay as well.
    Those are real Landscapes, as far as I know, Gaming Engines dont reach that point, Unless Unreal Engine has already an engine for 4k. If the PS4 announces 4k resolution as being compatible and if most of gaming studios actually made their games compatible with it then I'll start jumping of happiness, Until then, It's an illution, At least we know where the Console Gaming software is going and the future is 4K.

Btw, I forgot to tell you that a game this days is pretty much judged by graphics, an a good game has a good mix of good graphics, natural gameplay and cool mechanics. If a game focuses on one more than the other ones then we can start saying that theres a lack of other factors in the game, but a game with awesome graphics dont make it a good game, neither a game with good gameplay and awful graphics can be nominated as a good overall game among others.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Angel of Death

The comments on here have been ridiculous. To each their own on who they like better, you don't have to love the PS3 to be on the site.

Also, 4K looks amazing! Can't wait until this releases at cheap prices. $35,000 is pretty freaking hard to afford. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast