Alleged Heavenly Sword 2 Concept Art

This is a discussion on Alleged Heavenly Sword 2 Concept Art within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Concept art for what was supposedly planned to be Heavenly Sword 2 has leaked online showing off Nariko in what ...

PRO Member

Alleged Heavenly Sword 2 Concept Art

Concept art for what was supposedly planned to be Heavenly Sword 2 has leaked online showing off Nariko in what appears to be a desert setting.A series of nine images appeared on AllGamesBeta purporting to be from a planned sequel to the 2007 hack and slash adventure that never materialised.
    Though they haven't been confirmed, the art style seems pretty similar to the supporting artwork that we saw before the original title was released. A sequel to Heavenly Sword has been talked about for years; the game was originally planned as being the first in a trilogy, but since Ninja Theory has recently focused on multi-platform development, it seems increasingly unlikely that a follow-up to the PS3 exclusive will happen.
    Ninja Theory is currently working on the Devil May Cry reboot, DmC, which is due out on January 15, 2013. They previously worked on Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, the art style of which was very clearly inspired by Heavenly Sword.
    You can check out some of the leaked concept art below, or head over to AGB for more.

Alleged Heavenly Sword 2 Concept Art Leaks - IGN

I have never played Heavenly Sword, but I hear it is pretty underrated. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trophy patch on the original game if a sequel is in the works.

Sig by Bladia

Angel of Death

I want to try out the original, but don't have time for it. Maybe I'll get the second one if it comes out at the end of 2013. lol

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    I want to try out the original, but don't have time for it. Maybe I'll get the second one if it comes out at the end of 2013. lol
    I don't know man. With how busy Q1 is going to be next year, you might be playing those games until the PS4 launch haha

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 6 - Silver

The first Heavenly Sword was awesome. One of the first games I got for my ps3 and one that I regret trading in. A trophy patch for the first ot a second game would be welcomed by me.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Lvl 9 - Gold

The first game was amazing and is easily one of the overlooked gems on the PS3, the fact that they cancelled the sequel is just insulting.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 6 - Silver

I read that they wanted to do a sequel but Ninja theory didn't make enough money off of the first to warrant making a sequel. They wanted to but couldn't afford to
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

PRO Member

I'm actually shocked this awesome game doesnt have a trophy patch yet...and if there is finally a sequel in the making then thats great news however the way the first game ended it will be interesting how they go about this sequel then I hope Kai is back though.

Banned

Read this earlier, Ninja Theory already said it's not their concept art and the rumours are false.
    Heavenly Sword 2 concept art leaked, Ninja Theory comments | VG247
    Sorry to burst your bubbles lol.
    There is still a slight chance of a heavenly sword 2 being in development, but it won't be developed by Ninja Theory.

Up the Irons!

I really hope there is a sequel in the making. Heavenly Sword is one of my favorite PS3 games.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden