Players Met help?

This is a discussion on Players Met help? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; When I go on to 'Players Met' on my PS3, the last people I see are from SCV... I played ...

PRO Member

Players Met help?

When I go on to 'Players Met' on my PS3, the last people I see are from SCV... I played SCV months ago, back in February and I have played 5+ games online. Anybody else having this problem?

Edit: Games I have played online after SCV

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by DRAGON1NINJA; 08-25-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Sig by Smashguy

Crocodile Hunter

Yeah it happens to me every now and then, have no iead what it is, i just usually go to bed and in the morning when i play an online game its fixed its self

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

Yeah but last time I played SCV was months ago, and the players I met on SCV shouldn't be there now. Yours happened for a few hours lol
    ..another thing I just noticed is that I met these people in 2013 :stare:

Sig by Smashguy

Negator

This happens any time there's an anomaly with the PS3's system clock. Whether it's from a temporary hiccup in the signal sent from the internet clock or if you've manually tampered with the date/time settings.

The only way I know to fix this issue is to manually go through your 'Recently Met Players' and add each to your block list, then manually remove each from your block list until your recent players list is empty. This should solve any issues you're having.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Ghost Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    Yeah but last time I played SCV was months ago, and the players I met on SCV shouldn't be there now. Yours happened for a few hours lol
    ..another thing I just noticed is that I met these people in 2013 :stare:
    Do you have a secret time machine that you're not telling us about

So, according to some research, Helyx's method should work wonders to solve your problem.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    This happens any time there's an anomaly with the PS3's system clock. Whether it's from a temporary hiccup in the signal sent from the internet clock or if you've manually tampered with the date/time settings.

The only way I know to fix this issue is to manually go through your 'Recently Met Players' and add each to your block list, then manually remove each from your block list until your recent players list is empty. This should solve any issues you're having.

Thanks, I'm trying it now.. I did mess with the clock a while back for SAW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    Do you have a secret time machine that you're not telling us about

So, according to some research, Helyx's method should work wonders to solve your problem.
    If I had a time machine the last thing I'd do is play SCV.. I'd play DOA5

I'm blocking all these guys off the list but it's taking ages, I'll play BlazBlue tomorrow and let you guys know what's up.

Sig by Smashguy

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    When I go on to 'Players Met' on my PS3, the last people I see are from SCV... I played SCV months ago, back in February and I have played 5+ games online. Anybody else having this problem?
    I have this often, but i dont think of it as a problem.

For some reasons, some people have that function blocked, where they dont pop up on your "players met" area. I dont mind as if i wanted to add them, i would have done so earlier. To me that list is just a way to view the randoms that i play against after the game is over.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    For some reasons, some people have that function blocked, where they dont pop up on your "players met" area.
    While that can also cause this same issue, I didn't think it would be the actual cause in this instance.

DRAG1M has played multiple games online since his SCV days, so it would have been practically impossible for every single person he'd met in an online match to have this feature enabled...especially not for a 7 month stretch.

That only leaves us with the system clock as the culprit, which is very common among trophy hunters who 'trick' games into thinking days/weeks have passed to earn a trophy. Knowing the type of filthy whore he is, I initially expected this to be the root of his problem.

I'm interested to see DRAG1M's results and hear what additional methods he tried (if any).

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Retired

And some games don't record the players you've met.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    And some games don't record the players you've met.
    not sure if mentioned in the OP, but how much of that 7 months were online multiplayer games? I can go months without meeting anyone on certain games.

Pretty much:

What games did the OP play? How much of that time was online play? How many players did they meet? ( if you meet 1 player per night on average, its not too impossible to encounter people that arnt recorded in the "players met" area.

Ice Cream Firefighter

yeah that happens to me quite alot with all games I was playing a DR2 TIR game not so long ago with 3 others & only 1 or even 0 show up in my players met list, if I want to become friends with someone who I was gaming with I write down their names & do a manual friend add but most of the time they contact me so I don't worry about it but I think it might have to do with the amount of players you've met that the system keeps in storage & I think the only way to empty it is to hard reset your system or whatever the option is to increase performance I don't mess with my system's settings too often so I could be wrong

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    While that can also cause this same issue, I didn't think it would be the actual cause in this instance.

DRAG1M has played multiple games online since his SCV days, so it would have been practically impossible for every single person he'd met in an online match to have this feature enabled...especially not for a 7 month stretch.

That only leaves us with the system clock as the culprit, which is very common among trophy hunters who 'trick' games into thinking days/weeks have passed to earn a trophy. Knowing the type of filthy whore he is, I initially expected this to be the root of his problem.

I'm interested to see DRAG1M's results and hear what additional methods he tried (if any).
    lol like anybody would wait months for the 2 trophies in SAW 2 (play on Halloween & Christmas ) Anyway I didn't think it would mess with the players met, if I did I would've switched it back asap. You know you would've done the same for C2 6 month trophy if you could

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    not sure if mentioned in the OP, but how much of that 7 months were online multiplayer games? I can go months without meeting anyone on certain games.

Pretty much:

What games did the OP play? How much of that time was online play? How many players did they meet? ( if you meet 1 player per night on average, its not too impossible to encounter people that arnt recorded in the "players met" area.
    I'll update and let you know what games were played. I'll go back online later and continue blocking/deleting

Sig by Smashguy

PRO Member

I forgot all about this thread

Helyx was right, for once...

rep him!! >:F

Sig by Smashguy

PRO Member

Thread closed

Sig by Smashguy