Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why does my PS3 causes problems like game freezing and getting hot while I play?

This is a discussion on Why does my PS3 causes problems like game freezing and getting hot while I play? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; When trying to play Saints row the third and the game freeze twice in one day.My PS3 heats up when ...

Banned

Why does my PS3 causes problems like game freezing and getting hot while I play?

When trying to play Saints row the third and the game freeze twice in one day.My PS3 heats up when I play longer then 10 hours or is that too much for my PS3 to handle.

PRO Member

Depends.. How often do you clean it? How well is it ventilated? How often do you run a blue ray lens cleaner
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 10 - Platinum

if you got a fatty it might be about to bite it, clean it out, dont play more than a couple hours at a time

Banned

I have this console for 3 years now and coming up on the fourth year(Christmas present)

What items will I need to clean my PS3 console?

Should I set a timer on how many hours until my PS3 trun off itself when playing a game?

Negator

Just keep the console elevated so air can flow directly beneath the unit.

Also, you should never need to use a Blu Ray lens cleaner...ever.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post

I can't raise my PS3 because I don't have anything that I can raise my console.Maybe this is the cause of major problem.

PRO Member

Care to elaborate in that statement?
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Forget I Was Ever Here

i would also suggest keeping it elevated as i never used a blu ray lens cleaner….i have both the fatty and a slim i had the fatty since it was released and my games don't freeze everyday every once in awhile except for playing NFS the run and my slim never froze just keep it clean and elevated to keep cool. my fatty is on about 16 hours a day but isn't always on a game

It is time for me to go underground

Banned

SHould I use a oven rack to put under my PS3 console or anything that has holes in them for the bottom of my PS3?

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Mellerker View Post
    SHould I use a oven rack to put under my PS3 console or anything that has holes in them for the bottom of my PS3?
    Yeah, something of that nature would work. Elevate the console at least 3 inches, and regularly clean the exterior of the case to keep dust build-up minimal.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Banned

Yeah, something of that nature would work. Elevate the console at least 3 inches, and regularly clean the exterior of the case to keep dust build-up minimal.
    What happens if I don't have anything like an overn rack anywhere in the house that I can raise my PS3 3 inches?

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have a brushless blu ray lens cleaner... its great and keeps it clean... also a vacuum hose across the vents will keep it working good

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hmm. All these tips sound useful for me as well, although I have no problems with my PS3 currently, I'd like it to work as long as possible. How do you suggest to clean up the dust and such? Just use Swiffers and Clorox Wipes or something?

"Jigglypuff is the Finest"

PRO Member

What happens if I don't have anything like an overn rack anywhere in the house that I can raise my PS3 3 inches?
    Get creative. Anything that is poor heat conductor will work.

I got mine sitting on 20 of those long pink erasers. Stack of 5 under each corner.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

PRO Member

This is what I do, but not 3 inches because I've been using bottlecaps. Gotta raise it up

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Banned

What about a ruler or sit on the top of the PS2 console which is smaller in size?

Negator

What about a ruler or sit on the top of the PS2 console which is smaller in size?
    I don't think either of those would work.

Try stacking 3 PS3 game cases on each lip of the console (left and right) while leaving the middle of the console clear for air flow.

Rangers F.C

No offence but this guy is taking the piss , nobody is that stupid , wait and I will draw you a diagram of objects you can use , so you don't put it on top of a lump of coal

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    No offence but this guy is taking the piss , nobody is that stupid , wait and I will draw you a diagram of objects you can use , so you don't put it on top of a lump of coal
    One thing I've learned is to never underestimate the stupidity of people.
    Last edited by DarkFox's Piss Bucket; 08-29-2012 at 02:25 PM.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Since i have the old fatty Ps3, i try my best to keep it as cool as possible. I have it elevated (not by much) by sitting it on one of these HERE. I hoover it on a regular basis and this little thing seems to do okay aswell. Although it does struggle a little with the weight of the old Ps3 but placed correctly on the pad, it makes no noise at all. The 3 fans are really quiet and they to will also need a bit of a clean every now and then as they attract a little dust and they are super cheap too .

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast