Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gets a new character!

This is a discussion on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gets a new character! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Sly Cooper Similar my ass. Carbon copies. Why the fuck are you even on these forums if ...

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Similar my ass. Carbon copies.

Why the fuck are you even on these forums if you hate the PS3 and the Vita? Just LEAVE you'll be doing everybody a favour.

I'm not going to let you derail this thread like you do with every single thread.
    I agree with Ps360 as well.
    And no, Ps360 won't be doing us a favor by leaving.
    I actually like hearing different opinion on a subject; not just a bunch of people supporting/praising it for what it is.

And as a note, the people "derailing" threads are those who tend to attack others for posting opinions that don't side with their own.
    It's just a flesh wound.

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by FancyJesse View Post
    I agree with Ps360 as well.
    And no, Ps360 won't be doing us a favor by leaving.
    I actually like hearing different opinion on a subject; not just a bunch of people supporting/praising it for what it is.

And as a note, the people "derailing" threads are those who tend to attack others for posting opinions that don't side with their own.
    I somewhat agree with this message. Although I would prefer new characters, I'm okay with two versions of the same character. As for Ps360 leaving the forums, I'm against that as the PC threads, along with many others would be dead without him.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by leatherface000 View Post
    Mario. Wario. Wow! i mean Mow!
    mario and wario are entirely different. you would of noticed this if you actually played their games and smash bros.

wario is a money grubbing asshole and mario is the exact opposite of that. just like how waluigi is a exact opposite of luigi. They are essentially evil twins.

also wario has cooler music at times

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    similar styles =/= copies

try harder
    OK even you can't be that much of a fanboy to realize that half the roster are exactly the same (falcowolf/fox, Mario/dr. mario/luigi, toon link/adult link)

Anyways back on topic. I don't like this for one reason. Up until now it has been 1 character per franchise and this does away with that. Having 20 characters and 19 franchises is just kind of stupid. Evil cole should have just been another costume for good cole (with different powers)

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I somewhat agree with this message. Although I would prefer new characters, I'm okay with two versions of the same character. As for Ps360 leaving the forums, I'm against that as the PC threads, along with many others would be dead without him.
    You mean her xD

Well back on topic, I think it's a wasted, rather have the two occupying the same spot
    Also I think activision is talking with superbot to get crash in the game, after all he is a PS1 precursor

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    OK even you can't be that much of a fanboy to realize that half the roster are exactly the same (falcowolf/fox, Mario/dr. mario/luigi, toon link/adult link)
    dr mario was slower but stronger, dash attack has a longer range, his uppercut punch has higher knockback trajectory than mario and other things depending on where you hit, has a sweeper kick for his crouching strong attack.

falco has this stupid fly off a cliff attack thats retarded as shit, Has one of the best spotdodges in the game, harder to KO with the right tactics, etc.

Wolf is the heaviest of the star fox brawl bunch, three places above mario, has the shortest stance, slow dash speed, wolfs attacks are quick with good range with a ability to KO for most attacks, a worse shield stun effect so he's easily grabbable, and a bunch of other changed shit.

mario and luigi have diffrent movesets entirely (Luigi can fly sideways for a headbutt for example and has a retarded smash ball). luigi's fireballs travel a shorter distance and not effected by gravity, has the second highest jump in the game, and more move changes i dont feel like listing because it would be a big list.

toon link has a bigger bomb radius and the arrow attack is slower but goes farther. His Jumping is floatier than usual, His up Attack is only one stab while link does it 3 times in a row. All links kick attacks have been replaced with sword attacks for toon link since toon link barely has legs.

even though they are similar characters, they play differently. this wiki will give you all the answers you need if you feel like a certain character is a copy of something.

it's like saying Ryu and Ken from street fighter are the same characters because they both wear similar clothing and know similar moves.

Crocodile Hunter

Some of your posts are good PS360 but the fact that you even posted your comment above me defending the slightly different movebases shows your a fanboy. they fact that you even care to know that information is nuts. an example would be goku and ssj1,2 or 3. yeah he is more powerful and new moves but its the same fucking guy. same as your nintendo clones.

What have you done to praise sony this week? why dnt you try it

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 4 - Silver

PS360; The many characters you are trying to defend are incredibly similar - they have a slightly longer attack, they move a bit quicker etc. The two Coles have incredibly different powers, the only thing the same is the melee and standard bolt.

I don't get why people are saying 'it's taking up a slot'. I seriously doubt there's a set number of slots in this game, it just means we're getting an extra character.

I agree with Mayus that the 20/19 thing is really strange. However, if they start getting over 1 character from other series, it could be awesome. For example you could have the Big Daddy and then something from Infinite, or a Chimera (fitted with alien weaponry) and Joseph Capelli (fitted with human guns/grenades and an axe) etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Retired

Wait, I'm 75% sure that if they added an alternate costume it would make no difference as it's almost exactly the same model, the same (digital) size etc.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post

What have you done to praise sony this week? why dnt you try it
    when they do something good i praise them for it

im still waiting since they debuted the instant game collection for plus members

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Wait, I'm 75% sure that if they added an alternate costume it would make no difference as it's almost exactly the same model, the same (digital) size etc.
    It may be the same size etc, but they have a lot of different powers. Seeming as it's very likely that there will be 4 costumes for each character, it would be ludicrous to give every single costume different powers - Nathan Drake barely has enough moves for 1 character, let alone 4! In Infamous, the 2 Coles are so completely different, both physically and mentally, that it does in fact make sense to have 2 different characters.

when they do something good i praise them for it

im still waiting since they debuted the instant game collection for plus members
    Not impressed by Wonderbook!!?

Seriously though, did Cross-Buy not impress you? I think it's a superb idea.

Retired

Well, I like the fact that there are 2 characters.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Whats the difference from the cole we saw posted a few weeks ago. thats just a waste of a character spot IMO. however they announced crash bandicoot will be one so that should be cool
    i kind of agree. If they have different looks and moves, then i dont consider then the same (example is mario and luigi). So in that sense, i dont think its a waste of character spot.

WHat i am disappointed in was that there are alot of characters that i would rather see in this game rather than another Cole. Would have been even better if evil cole was a alternate costume, and still include it all, but it doesnt take up a character spot (wishful thinking)

Saints Row IV

I thought it was Kazuma Kiryu
    Neverming,it is a nice addition.Cant wait to see if the heroes have Unique Super Powers (Aka Ultra Finishers) and different costumes

About PS360: Dont argue about him.We like sony and he likes nintendo,why you always awrgue with him?
    PC forums, nintendo and Phone forums would be DEAD without him
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post
    i kind of agree. If they have different looks and moves, then i dont consider then the same (example is mario and luigi). So in that sense, i dont think its a waste of character spot.

WHat i am disappointed in was that there are alot of characters that i would rather see in this game rather than another Cole. Would have been even better if evil cole was a alternate costume, and still include it all, but it doesnt take up a character spot (wishful thinking)
    Read the post above.

People need to realize, what difference does it make if it's a new character or a costume? The model would be in the game either way, stop quit your bitchin'.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ac3dud3- View Post
    whats the difference from the cole we saw posted a few weeks ago. Thats just a waste of a character spot imo. however they announced crash bandicoot will be one so that should be cool
    where did they announce this?!
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapoly View Post
    where did they announce this?!
    I'm pretty sure he has been mislead. Nowhere have I seen Crash announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Crealkllr View Post

As I said in my last post, alternate costumes cannot possibly have different powers, especially ones so different as seen in the 2 Coles. If Evil Cole was an alternate costume and had all the powers, that would mean that the two other Coles would need powers (assuming there's 4 outfits per character), it would mean that Superbot would have to have 4 Nathan Drakes, all with different powers (impossible), and so on. Doing this would completely destroy the entire game.

This game could be so great, Superbot really need to get in as many characters and maps as they can. Imagine a map in which a Demons Souls boss fights against a Colossus from SotC! I saw a vid of the Ape Escape map earlier and it looks terrible (of what I've seen so far, the only bad map). I did have doubts about Aldens Tower, as the screenshot of it looked dull. However, after seeing a vid of it, it looks awesome.

Also I would like to add that PS360 is an awesome member here. I may disagree with his opinions sometimes (read: 90% of the time), but his views always interest me and almoist always have me laughing/smiling.

Lvl 7 - Gold

As much as I respect the cries for the classics I gotta put in my vote for Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles. I know the series is no where near as popular as the Crash's of the world but I think she'd be an amazing addition to the roster.

The Bushiest Pig

I want Spyro and a Resistance character
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

illegal in 9 countries

dr mario was slower but stronger, dash attack has a longer range, his uppercut punch has higher knockback trajectory than mario and other things depending on where you hit, has a sweeper kick for his crouching strong attack.

falco has this stupid fly off a cliff attack thats retarded as shit, Has one of the best spotdodges in the game, harder to KO with the right tactics, etc.

Wolf is the heaviest of the star fox brawl bunch, three places above mario, has the shortest stance, slow dash speed, wolfs attacks are quick with good range with a ability to KO for most attacks, a worse shield stun effect so he's easily grabbable, and a bunch of other changed shit.

mario and luigi have diffrent movesets entirely (Luigi can fly sideways for a headbutt for example and has a retarded smash ball). luigi's fireballs travel a shorter distance and not effected by gravity, has the second highest jump in the game, and more move changes i dont feel like listing because it would be a big list.

toon link has a bigger bomb radius and the arrow attack is slower but goes farther. His Jumping is floatier than usual, His up Attack is only one stab while link does it 3 times in a row. All links kick attacks have been replaced with sword attacks for toon link since toon link barely has legs.

even though they are similar characters, they play differently. this wiki will give you all the answers you need if you feel like a certain character is a copy of something.

it's like saying Ryu and Ken from street fighter are the same characters because they both wear similar clothing and know similar moves.
    So how is any of that different from Good Cole / Evil Cole?

You're saying the difference (colour, moustache shape and karmic alignment aside) between Dr Luigi / Luigi / Waluigi, Mario / Wario etc is "they have different moves". Erm...so do Good and Evil Cole.

You've just completely validated the opposition's argument.

mario and wario are entirely different. you would of noticed this if you actually played their games and smash bros.

wario is a money grubbing asshole and mario is the exact opposite of that. just like how waluigi is a exact opposite of luigi. They are essentially evil twins.
    Mario = Good Cole. Wario = Evil Cole. Pot calling the kettle black. Try harder next time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast