Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gets a new character!

This is a discussion on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gets a new character! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale Another hot summer is winding down as we close in on the release of PlayStation All-Stars ...

Retired

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gets a new character!

PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale

Another hot summer is winding down as we close in on the release of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, and fans have been asking whether we still have more reveals in store for everyone. Well, we’re not done yet!

Today, the PlayStation All-Stars team attended the GameStop Managers Show in San Antonio, TX, an annual event where the retailer gets to check out the industry’s most anticipated video game titles. During the expo’s keynote we confirmed our latest addition to PlayStation All-Stars’ roster — Evil Cole from Sucker Punch’s inFAMOUS series!

Players familiar with inFAMOUS know that Cole MacGrath’s fate changes drastically if led down a path of evil, and both his appearance and powers reflect this dark side of him. Evil Cole harnesses the powers of both electrokinesis and pyrokinesis in battle, offering a style more ruthless in nature than his moral counterpart, Cole MacGrath. When you pick up the controller, you’ll immediately notice the differences between their fighting styles. inFAMOUS fans with a taste for destruction need look no further for their character of choice. Check out our newest character trailer to see Evil Cole’s moves in action.

[video at the bottom of this quote]

Evil Cole can blast opponents from afar with bursts of fire and electricity, or engage opponents at close range with incendiary strikes. Players can utilize familiar attacks such as the Hellfire Rocket, Tripwire Rocket, and Firebird Strike to dispatch foes. Evil Cole is able to harness the power of The Beast once his energy has reached maximum level, leaving nothing in his wake. He is also able to suck AP out of his enemies using his Ionic Drain, giving him an AP headstart before opponents are ready for the next onslaught. He brings an offense-heavy playstyle to the fight that rivals that of the most fearsome challengers on the roster.

If you’re in the San Antonio area and you’re a GameStop PowerUp Rewards member, get your tickets now to attend the public expo tomorrow (Tuesday, August 29th) from 11:00am to 4:00pm at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. You’ll get to go hands-on with PlayStation All-Stars on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita before we even hit store shelves. Ticket prices and additional information can be found on their website.

That’s it for now! In case you missed the news, purchasing PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for the PS3 also nets you a digital download of the PlayStation Vita version at no additional cost! How can you pass up a deal like that?!? Our release date of November 20th is fast approaching so be sure to pre-order now. A big thank you to all the fans for your always encouraging support. We have more news and announcements in store for you as we head into PAX, so stay tuned. We’ll see you at the show!

PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale
    Looks very different than the Good Cole!

Source: PS.Blog

Crocodile Hunter

Whats the difference from the cole we saw posted a few weeks ago. thats just a waste of a character spot IMO. however they announced crash bandicoot will be one so that should be cool

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

I feel it should be a switch like Sheik/Zelda...but that would be copying

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Whats the difference from the cole we saw posted a few weeks ago. thats just a waste of a character spot IMO. however they announced crash bandicoot will be one so that should be cool
    Evil Cole and Good Cole have entirely different movesets and story. And both Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are owned by Activision and they're money whores so I don't think Superbot would waste half the game's budget on importing 2 characters. I can be wrong though.

Change is mediocre

They should've just made it a different costume, and the costumes were unique with their own abilities.

Also there were 3 new maps that were shown in this video, the Uncharted 3 Plane, God of War 1 Hydra, and the God of War 3 Titan (Atlas?). Unless these were announced already and I'm just slow

Lvl 6 - Silver

I want Raziel, or Kain. That'd be bad ass.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

INTJ

we can't think of another character

lets add the same one again

man these sony ips sure are vast

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post

Sure, as if half of Smash Bros aren't clones of each other.

Why are you an idiot?

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Evil Cole and Good Cole have entirely different movesets and story. And both Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are owned by Activision and they're money whores so I don't think Superbot would waste half the game's budget on importing 2 characters. I can be wrong though.
    well i havent played 1 for ages and havnt played 2 at all so i might not of seen how different the coles are.
    also if activision can see this game being big then im sure they will find a way to write up a deal to let crash be used and take all their money

Sig by Apokolypz

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    well i havent played 1 for ages and havnt played 2 at all so i might not of seen how different the coles are.
    also if activision can see this game being big then im sure they will find a way to write up a deal to let crash be used and take all their money
    Well, I can tell you this, the endings in inFAMOUS 2 are so different that they can't make a sequel with both the evil and good endings in the game.

INTJ

Sure, as if half of Smash Bros aren't clones of each other.

Why are you an idiot?
    similar styles =/= copies

try harder

Retired

similar styles =/= copies

try harder
    Similar my ass. Carbon copies.

Why the fuck are you even on these forums if you hate the PS3 and the Vita? Just LEAVE you'll be doing everybody a favour.

I'm not going to let you derail this thread like you do with every single thread.

Buy my book, Alteration

I don't think that another Cole is a necessarily good choice, but still holding out for Spyro. And they're unveiling two more characters at the show.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

As long as they play differently Im fine.
    But I envision another Fox/Falco thing and im... worried
    "If I could seperate me from my-self, I would probably avoid me."

Banned

Similar my ass. Carbon copies.

Why the fuck are you even on these forums if you hate the PS3 and the Vita? Just LEAVE you'll be doing everybody a favour.

I'm not going to let you derail this thread like you do with every single thread.
    Have to agree with PS360 on this one.
    If anything this should just be an alternate skin for Cole not a whole new character.

Change is mediocre

Well, I can tell you this, the endings in inFAMOUS 2 are so different that they can't make a sequel with both the evil and good endings in the game.
    They can most definitely make a sequel with the evil ending, and all it takes is a little creativity to make a sequel for the good ending. Or what could happen is that a new character is introduced (Cole's brother that he talked briefly about in the evil side of Infamous 2).

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Have to agree with PS360 on this one.
    If anything this should just be an alternate skin for Cole not a whole new character.
    Not really. I feel like it's one of those things like how in Melee, there was Mario, Luigi, and Dr. Mario. I'm fine with it, and his Supers look quite a bit cooler than good Cole's imo.

"Jigglypuff is the Finest"

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hmm... Love the Infamous series, but this does seem like a waste of a character. Sure their move-sets are fairly different, but they could have just added Kuo or Nix instead... I'm also starting to think they may decide to add Vampire Cole as a dlc character now that they did this...

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    They can most definitely make a sequel with the evil ending, and all it takes is a little creativity to make a sequel for the good ending. Or what could happen is that a new character is introduced (Cole's brother that he talked briefly about in the evil side of Infamous 2).
    I meant both in one game.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Mario. Wario. Wow! i mean Mow!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast