View Poll Results: Would You Like A Feature To Turn Off Trophies For A Specific Game?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 48.78%
  • No

15 36.59%
  • Sounds Interesting / Possible.

6 14.63%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Would You Like A Feature To Turn Off Trophies For A Specific Game?

This is a discussion on Would You Like A Feature To Turn Off Trophies For A Specific Game? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I've got to say no for the simple reason being why do you deserve to plat one game but not ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've got to say no for the simple reason being why do you deserve to plat one game but not another - it makes you look somewhat better than you are

But, I wish there was a patch for when developers make specific games unplatable (Shutting Down Servers/Limiting Access)

To Be Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Kratoskillrz View Post
    I've got to say no for the simple reason being why do you deserve to plat one game but not another - it makes you look somewhat better than you are
    How? If someone "deserves to Plat" a game, then they'll Plat that game and rightfully deserve it. If they choose not to Plat or earn trophies for another game, big deal! How does it affect you? Does it even matter? Video games existed long before trophies and achievements, and "earning a Plat" is just a badge of honor for completionists; not everyone who gets a Plat may have "deserved" that Plat, either. Look at the accounts where people are earning hundreds of Plats because their friends do it for them, or they're hacking trophies, or whatever. Hell, some people who get Platinums may not even have a mastery of the game, it's just built on whatever they collected or happened to pull off or imitated watching YouTube videos.

Like I said, if someone "deserves" a Plat, they'll get it (and people who *don't* deserve the Plat will find a way to get it). If someone wants to play a game without having to worry about trophies, so what? They don't get the Plat and that should tell you automatically, under your criteria, that they didn't "deserve" the Plat anyway.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but seriously, why does anyone give a shit whether someone else wants to earn or not earn trophies? It's for your benefit and fulfillment. If gamer A wants to get the Plat for Game X and gamer B doesn't want to get the Plat for Game X, it doesn't necessarily mean gamer A is any better at that game than gamer B.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

PRO Member

hell yeah, that would be awesome...so i can borrow games that i dont have to worry about between games i carry about..
    ~Aim For The Bushes~

Lvl 5 - Silver

Would like the ability to remove 0% trophies off . Xbox has the ability to remove there zero % achievements so should SONY!!!

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

PRO Member

It would be good to either turn off trophys in games incase you hate the game and dont intend to pursue it any further..that way you dont have a percentage for it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

YES! Would Be Nice

Rangers F.C

No , don't see the point if you really want to have all 100% then you gotta do the work , If you could switch them off at the beginning and have a complete set of 100% games made up of lame games like Hannah Montana , Terminator Salvation and Spare Parts would you be proud of them , I don't think so in my opinion its a big no , you could also just play games in a specific profile and leave the trophies the way they are .

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    it would be good to either turn off trophys in games incase you hate the game and dont intend to pursue it any further..that way you dont have a percentage for it.
    this is my position as well!!!

Legalize it...

I say no because who cares if you have a low % in the trophies. Just beat the game...

To Be Announced

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    No , don't see the point if you really want to have all 100% then you gotta do the work , If you could switch them off at the beginning and have a complete set of 100% games made up of lame games like Hannah Montana , Terminator Salvation and Spare Parts would you be proud of them , I don't think so in my opinion its a big no , you could also just play games in a specific profile and leave the trophies the way they are .
    If those are the trophy sets people want to display, then that's their right. It's not your profile or trophy list, so what does it matter? Not a single person has explained to me--hell, they've ignored both of my arguments actually aside from the people who have given me Rep for it--how it affects you at all that anyone else be allowed to turn off their trophies?

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    I say no because who cares if you have a low % in the trophies. Just beat the game...
    Some people do care, that's the point. You have the mentality of "just beat the game" or "have a low % and deal with it," but not everyone likes having those %'s on there. Why shouldn't people be allowed to?

Like I said, not a single person has acknowledged my point that it doesn't affect you if someone else can turn their trophies off, so why bother trying to belittle people who think it should be an option.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    If those are the trophy sets people want to display, then that's their right. It's not your profile or trophy list, so what does it matter? Not a single person has explained to me--hell, they've ignored both of my arguments actually aside from the people who have given me Rep for it--how it affects you at all that anyone else be allowed to turn off their trophies?

Some people do care, that's the point. You have the mentality of "just beat the game" or "have a low % and deal with it," but not everyone likes having those %'s on there. Why shouldn't people be allowed to?

Like I said, not a single person has acknowledged my point that it doesn't affect you if someone else can turn their trophies off, so why bother trying to belittle people who think it should be an option.
    Don't spit the dummy out mate , the thread asked a question and a answered in my opinion , it makes no difference to me if people want to take the trophies out of games , but don't think there anything wrong with the current set-up , what is the point of having a profile with every game at 100% when everyone knows you have removed many games from the list that were half done , would be fine to get rid of 0% cause the game might be shit but giving the option to remove any would suck , a have seen people's profiles who have put many hours into getting all games at 100% . If they made it possible to remove games I could get my profile to all 100% in like five minutes , its cheating and would be pointless

PRO Member

I voted No.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    I did say I know why most people would say yes but even the games I have low percentage mainly cause i hated the game i'm proud of them so to speak. It's different between everyone I like the idea but I wouldn't use the feature myself. Nobody does tell us to collect trophies it's just a personal thing we enjoy and for those getting 100% yeah the industry really gets their money from you guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Yep me
    Me too

Sig by Smashguy

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Sounds horrible and pointless, no for me.

To Be Announced

Don't spit the dummy out mate , the thread asked a question and a answered in my opinion , it makes no difference to me if people want to take the trophies out of games , but don't think there anything wrong with the current set-up , what is the point of having a profile with every game at 100% when everyone knows you have removed many games from the list that were half done , would be fine to get rid of 0% cause the game might be shit but giving the option to remove any would suck , a have seen people's profiles who have put many hours into getting all games at 100% . If they made it possible to remove games I could get my profile to all 100% in like five minutes , its cheating and would be pointless
    Re-read the OP again and re-read my post(s) again. The "question" even stated that he wasn't talking about allowing people to remove trophies AFTER the fact, nor was I*. This is a question of turning trophies on or off before starting the game. If someone leaves trophies on and plays the game, then yes, they should deal with their percentage. But just because their friend brings a game over and throws it in carelessly, they shouldn't have to be stuck with a 0% or random percentage on their account that they never wanted in the first place--therefore, and as my arguments have all stated and as the OP's question was stated, this is an issue of on/off before playing the game, not trophy removal. As such, if, say, someone allows their friend to pop in a disc and choose for it to support trophies, then it's that someone's fault for not paying attention and they should live with it for not reining in their friend.

* - This is the point many people in this thread saying "No" seem to be missing out on in their arguments:

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    & NO there isn't a turn off trophies later option, it's either you install them or you don't permanently at the time it asks you. (I'm looking at you trophy guy who wishes he could delete all the 0's%) Something like that.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Rangers F.C

Re-read the OP again and re-read my post(s) again. The "question" even stated that he wasn't talking about allowing people to remove trophies AFTER the fact, nor was I. This is a question of turning trophies on or off before starting the game. If someone leaves trophies on and plays the game, then yes, they should deal with their percentage. But just because their friend brings a game over and throws it in carelessly, they shouldn't have to be stuck with a 0% or random percentage on their account that they never wanted in the first place--therefore, and as my arguments have all stated and as the OP's question was stated, this is an issue of on/off before playing the game, not trophy removal. As such, if, say, someone allows their friend to pop in a disc and choose for it to support trophies, then it's that someone's fault for not paying attention and they should live with it for not reining in their friend.
    A did read it , how would you know if you wanted to platinum a game before you have even played it , that makes no sense to me , am I supposed to do in-depth research into games before I buy them , its supposed to be fun .

To Be Announced

A did read it , how would you know if you wanted to platinum a game before you have even played it , that makes no sense to me , am I supposed to do in-depth research into games before I buy them , its supposed to be fun .
    Then you can go ahead and leave the trophies on. Does it honestly matter to you if someone else wants to turn them off? You have every right to leave trophies on and decide to go for a Plat just as much as anyone else has a right to either turn trophies off because they're not interested in general or if they don't mind playing for a bit to see if it's a game worth getting trophies for. Can you honestly state that anyone else who wants to make use of an on/off trophy function would affect you in any way? You can leave it on and be done with it. It doesn't matter if someone next door to you or across the world from you who you'll never know or meet doesn't want to turn trophies on for a game, right? You'll still be able to play with trophies at the end of the day.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Rangers F.C

Then you can go ahead and leave the trophies on. Does it honestly matter to you if someone else wants to turn them off? You have every right to leave trophies on and decide to go for a Plat just as much as anyone else has a right to either turn trophies off because they're not interested in general or if they don't mind playing for a bit to see if it's a game worth getting trophies for. Can you honestly state that anyone else who wants to make use of an on/off trophy function would affect you in any way? You can leave it on and be done with it. It doesn't matter if someone next door to you or across the world from you who you'll never know or meet doesn't want to turn trophies on for a game, right? You'll still be able to play with trophies at the end of the day.
    It would be pointless and there is no need for it , you are getting worked up over nothing . Explain to me why you would want to remove stuff , to make it look pretty , that's sweet

To Be Announced

It would be pointless and there is no need for it , you are getting worked up over nothing . Explain to me why you would want to remove stuff , to make it look pretty , that's sweet
    It's not about removing anything! Yes, YOU think it's pointless, but some people don't. And, again, you've completely avoided my question: How does it affect you? It doesn't! So why shouldn't people be allowed to have it? Because you think it's pointless?

And really, you're gonna be sarcastic with your "to make it look pretty, that's sweet" comment? Real mature. I'm trying to get an answer to a valid question from you about how something that clearly wouldn't affect anybody negatively would affect you and that's your wonderful retort? This is a forum open for discussion and I'm posing a question to you that you seemingly won't answer because you probably know I'm right--an on/off trophy function would not affect you. At all. Whatsoever. But go ahead and make your snarky, smartass remark anyway and be happy with yourself when I wasn't trying to be an asshole to you; I'm trying to engage you in a legitimate, respectful, debate conversation, and I'd love to see you point me anywhere in any of my posts where I demeaned or belittle anybody like your little remark was supposed to do to me.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

A lot of good replies in here guys. Interesting inputs.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Rangers F.C

It's not about removing anything! Yes, YOU think it's pointless, but some people don't. And, again, you've completely avoided my question: How does it affect you? It doesn't! So why shouldn't people be allowed to have it? Because you think it's pointless?

And really, you're gonna be sarcastic with your "to make it look pretty, that's sweet" comment? Real mature. I'm trying to get an answer to a valid question from you about how something that clearly wouldn't affect anybody negatively would affect you and that's your wonderful retort? This is a forum open for discussion and I'm posing a question to you that you seemingly won't answer because you probably know I'm right--an on/off trophy function would not affect you. At all. Whatsoever. But go ahead and make your snarky, smartass remark anyway and be happy with yourself when I wasn't trying to be an asshole to you; I'm trying to engage you in a legitimate, respectful, debate conversation, and I'd love to see you point me anywhere in any of my posts where I demeaned or belittle anybody like your little remark was supposed to do to me.
    I have tried to answer you I think there is no point to it , the trophies are a record of games you have played and also took the time to go on and platinum , If you could remove stuff is just rigging the stats and would be an incorrect record of your progress , Cheating

Lets agree to disagree

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast