View Poll Results: Would You Like A Feature To Turn Off Trophies For A Specific Game?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 48.78%
  • No

    15 36.59%
  • Sounds Interesting / Possible.

    6 14.63%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Would You Like A Feature To Turn Off Trophies For A Specific Game?

This is a discussion on Would You Like A Feature To Turn Off Trophies For A Specific Game? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE I have tried to answer you I think there is no point to it , the ...

  1. #41
    To Be Announced
    Geoffx37's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    278
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I have tried to answer you I think there is no point to it , the trophies are a record of games you have played and also took the time to go on and platinum , If you could remove stuff is just rigging the stats and would be an incorrect record of your progress , Cheating

    Lets agree to disagree
    By that logic, that means just because I don't have trophies for every single PSOne or PS2 or any single game I've ever played, then I've "cheated." I'll just ignore the fact you're discussing "removing stuff" again and that this has nothing to do with "rigging the stats." You do know there was a time long before trophies and achievements where "record of your progress" was simply nothing more than word of mouth, right? And no, you haven't "answered me." By stating "there is no point to it" proves my point. It does not affect you at all. You've done nothing but circumvent not only my question but also just admitting it has no impact on your life whatsoever that someone else can turn trophies off before playing a video game. When you die, will it really matter how many trophies you or anyone else got on a PSN account? No.

    And yes, we disagree, and clearly it's not even worth trying to engage in conversation with someone who finds a way to circumvent the bottom-line question every single time.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

    Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

    Trophy Checklist

    First Trophy Guide

  2. #42
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    By that logic, that means just because I don't have trophies for every single PSOne or PS2 or any single game I've ever played, then I've "cheated." I'll just ignore the fact you're discussing "removing stuff" again and that this has nothing to do with "rigging the stats." You do know there was a time long before trophies and achievements where "record of your progress" was simply nothing more than word of mouth, right? And no, you haven't "answered me." By stating "there is no point to it" proves my point. It does not affect you at all. You've done nothing but circumvent not only my question but also just admitting it has no impact on your life whatsoever that someone else can turn trophies off before playing a video game. When you die, will it really matter how many trophies you or anyone else got on a PSN account? No.

    And yes, we disagree, and clearly it's not even worth trying to engage in conversation with someone who finds a way to circumvent the bottom-line question every single time.
    My god are you serious , you really want to thrash this out more than we have already , it asked if you would want to remove them whether before or after you have played the game makes no real difference . I do not and other people have voted no as well as me , and no it would make no difference to me cause I would not use the feature if it was available , it makes no sense to be able to do it , if you want all games sitting at 100% play the game till you get it or don't . Do you have sleepless nights because you have a game at 32% , no I doubt it , so since you keep asking me for a reason give me your reason to change something so meaningless ?

  3. #43
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    By that logic, that means just because I don't have trophies for every single PSOne or PS2 or any single game I've ever played, then I've "cheated."
    That makes no sense at all

  4. #44
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    I don't know what the fuck you two are talking about.. but continue

    Sig by Smashguy

  5. #45
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I don't know what the fuck you two are talking about.. but continue
    I am starting to wonder too

  6. #46
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    efstathios_12_'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    43
    Reputation
    2

    no not really

  7. #47
    To Be Announced
    Geoffx37's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    278
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    My god are you serious , you really want to thrash this out more than we have already , it asked if you would want to remove them whether before or after you have played the game makes no real difference . I do not and other people have voted no as well as me , and no it would make no difference to me cause I would not use the feature if it was available , it makes no sense to be able to do it , if you want all games sitting at 100% play the game till you get it or don't . Do you have sleepless nights because you have a game at 32% , no I doubt it , so since you keep asking me for a reason give me your reason to change something so meaningless ?
    Okay. If it makes no difference to you because you wouldn't use it, then what's the harm in letting other people use it? TO YOU, and I stress that, it makes no sense, but to other people it does make sense. That's why the Yes's are outweighing the No's. There are people who don't like 0%s or random percentage numbers and many have them because of reasons such as their friends putting in games. If you've read any of my posts before you in this thread, I've put up my argument as to why it's not a problem, so go ahead and read them, because I'm not re-iterating them all over again due to ignorance. It's an easy implement, and it would make some people happy; so just because you, personally, would not use it, then it's just a "stupid idea" and no one else should be allowed to have that choice? It's meaningless to you, but it's not meaningless to others, as proven by the poll results. It's such an easy implement, and as I have personally stated in my arguments even before you commented in this thread, not a single person is negatively affected by it--people like you can keep playing without a second though and other people can have a choice. Hell, if they turn trophies off, play for a bit, and then decide they want trophies, they've just put in extra work because they'd have to start over! But that's their choice.

    "It makes no sense" for a fully-capable adult to take a bath instead of a shower, but everyone's allowed to. Just because I prefer showers doesn't mean I think bathtubs are a stupid idea because that's anyone's right. It doesn't make them any more or less clean, just as trophies don't make anyone any more or less better a gamer than you or I.

    All I've asked you through this whole thing was: how it would affect you? You've just told me it would make no difference to you because you would not use it. And that's fair. That's totally fine and Jesus, man, I probably wouldn't use it either. BUT I totally think people should have a choice because there are things that happen where there's no reason for them to have a 0% sitting there if they do NOT want it. For the last time, this isn't about removing existing trophy percentages--this is about an on/off feature before popping in a game for something that is nothing more than a cosmetic, "feel-good" achievement system. If people don't want to have trophies, then they are allowed to not want to play with trophies--we got along in the video game community fine without them for decades, after all--just as much as you're allowed to want them or even "not to care." The bottom line is: Why not have it, if some people do want it? It wouldn't affect the people who have voted "No" at all, because, as you said, it wouldn't make a difference to you either way, you'd play--which is the exact sentiment I echoed in my very first post in this entire topic if you were curious to go back and read it.

    You're pretending like I'm twisting your arm telling you to use the feature when I'm not. My whole argument has been about the fact that such an implement would satisfy the people who want it and have absolutely no impact on the people--like yourself, as you've admitted--who wouldn't use it. So you tell me how I'm being biased against either side of the argument when I'm trying to decipher why the people who are saying "No" are only able to validate that answer with "Well, I wouldn't use it."
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

    Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

    Trophy Checklist

    First Trophy Guide

  8. #48
    To Be Announced
    Geoffx37's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    278
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    That makes no sense at all
    And yes, it does make sense. You said that "trophies are a record of your progress." By not having them displayed, you are--and I quote, in your words--"cheating." We never had trophies for games before the PS3, so using "trophies" as a standard for being a "record of your progress" is completely nonsensical. If you had read my following sentence after what you've quoted, "word of mouth" used to be the standard of keeping a "record of your progress," and we have a lot of liars out there in this world who still hold to records that probably aren't true at all... "cheating," as you say. Trophies are no better, not when you can imitate YouTube videos, have a friend sign into your account and do it for you, or even hack them.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

    Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

    Trophy Checklist

    First Trophy Guide

  9. #49
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    Okay. If it makes no difference to you because you wouldn't use it, then what's the harm in letting other people use it? TO YOU, and I stress that, it makes no sense, but to other people it does make sense. That's why the Yes's are outweighing the No's. There are people who don't like 0%s or random percentage numbers and many have them because of reasons such as their friends putting in games. If you've read any of my posts before you in this thread, I've put up my argument as to why it's not a problem, so go ahead and read them, because I'm not re-iterating them all over again due to ignorance. It's an easy implement, and it would make some people happy; so just because you, personally, would not use it, then it's just a "stupid idea" and no one else should be allowed to have that choice? It's meaningless to you, but it's not meaningless to others, as proven by the poll results. It's such an easy implement, and as I have personally stated in my arguments even before you commented in this thread, not a single person is negatively affected by it--people like you can keep playing without a second though and other people can have a choice. Hell, if they turn trophies off, play for a bit, and then decide they want trophies, they've just put in extra work because they'd have to start over! But that's their choice.

    "It makes no sense" for a fully-capable adult to take a bath instead of a shower, but everyone's allowed to. Just because I prefer showers doesn't mean I think bathtubs are a stupid idea because that's anyone's right. It doesn't make them any more or less clean, just as trophies don't make anyone any more or less better a game than you or I.

    All I've asked you through this whole thing was: how it would affect you? You've just told me it would make no difference to you because you would not use it. And that's fair. That's totally fine and Jesus, man, I probably wouldn't use it either. BUT I totally think people should have a choice because there are things that happen where there's no reason for them to have a 0% sitting there if they do NOT want it. For the last time, this isn't about removing existing trophy percentages--this is about an on/off feature before popping in a game for something that is nothing more than a cosmetic, "feel-good" achievement system. If people don't want to have trophies, then they are allowed to not want to play with trophies--we got along in the video game community fine without them for decades, after all--just as much as you're allowed to want them or even "not to care." The bottom line is: Why not have it, if some people do want it? It wouldn't affect the people who have voted "No" at all, because, as you said, it wouldn't make a difference to you either way, you'd play--which is the exact sentiment I echoed in my very first post in this entire topic if you were curious to go back and read it.

    You're pretending like I'm twisting your arm telling you to use the feature when I'm not. My whole argument has been about the fact that such an implement would satisfy the people who want it and have absolutely no impact on the people--like yourself, as you've admitted--who wouldn't use it. So you tell me how I'm being biased against either side of the argument when I'm trying to decipher why the people who are saying "No" are only able to validate that answer with "Well, I wouldn't use it."
    You are a fucking nutcase , I said no you said yes get over it , I think you need some professional help STAN sorry Geoffx37 , Geoff why are you so mad .
    All agree with you to get rid of you , BYE

  10. #50
    To Be Announced
    Geoffx37's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    278
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    You are a fucking nutcase , I said no you said yes get over it , I think you need some professional help STAN sorry Geoffx37 , Geoff why are you so mad .
    All agree with you to get rid of you , BYE
    Yep, I'm a nutcase for having a valid opposition to your stupid fucking circumvention. I bet gays can't get married because it affects you so much, too, right? Whatever. So glad I don't have to try and pry an intelligent answer out of a wall now.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

    Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

    Trophy Checklist

    First Trophy Guide

  11. #51
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    And yes, it does make sense. You said that "trophies are a record of your progress." By not having them displayed, you are--and I quote, in your words--"cheating." We never had trophies for games before the PS3, so using "trophies" as a standard for being a "record of your progress" is completely nonsensical. If you had read my following sentence after what you've quoted, "word of mouth" used to be the standard of keeping a "record of your progress," and we have a lot of liars out there in this world who still hold to records that probably aren't true at all... "cheating," as you say. Trophies are no better, not when you can imitate YouTube videos, have a friend sign into your account and do it for you, or even hack them.
    No mate nice try , only applies to games that had them , you can't remove something that's not there . Now take your big speeches and go bother someone else

  12. #52
    To Be Announced
    Geoffx37's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    278
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    No mate nice try , only applies to games that had them , you can't remove something that's not there . Now take your big speeches and go bother someone else
    This, right here, proves that you cannot comprehend a point at all. (And so much for saying "BYE" and sticking to it, right?)
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

    Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

    Trophy Checklist

    First Trophy Guide

  13. #53
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    Yep, I'm a nutcase for having a valid opposition to your stupid fucking circumvention. I bet gays can't get married because it affects you so much, too, right? Whatever. So glad I don't have to try and pry an intelligent answer out of a wall now.
    We are not discussing the meaning of life , you may be cleverer than me , that don't make you right , brining gay people into a debate about trophies is just wrong mate , are you taking your meds ?

  14. #54
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    We are not discussing the meaning of life , you may be cleverer than me , that don't make you right , bringing gay people into a debate about trophies is just wrong mate , are you taking your meds ?
    Miss typed just in case you are a bit extreme

  15. #55
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    This, right here, proves that you cannot comprehend a point at all. (And so much for saying "BYE" and sticking to it, right?)
    If you are so smart , why are you still talking to a wall ?

  16. #56
    To Be Announced
    Geoffx37's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    278
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    We are not discussing the meaning of life , you may be cleverer than me , that don't make you right , brining gay people into a debate about trophies is just wrong mate , are you taking your meds ?
    Really? Go ahead and sit on your high throne and be proud of the fact "are you taking your meds?" is the strongest comeback you can think of over something you're the one who initially had to become immature about with your "to make it pretty, that's sweet" comment. God forbid you have a discussion on a discussion board without sliding into self-defense mode.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

    Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

    Trophy Checklist

    First Trophy Guide

  17. #57
    PRO Member
    DRAGON1NINJA's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    168

    Now it's on!!

    Sig by Smashguy

  18. #58
    PRO Member
    daftprophet's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,593
    Reputation
    345

    Triple post FTW?

    You guys should just agree to disagree though I don't know what it is you're fighting about at all...

    tl;dr






    |
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

    |Avy - Animals As Leaders|




  19. #59
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    Really? Go ahead and sit on your high throne and be proud of the fact "are you taking your meds?" is the strongest comeback you can think of over something you're the one who initially had to become immature about with your "to make it pretty, that's sweet" comment. God forbid you have a discussion on a discussion board without sliding into self-defense mode.
    Look Stan you are saying I would deny gay people marriage because I wont agree with you , that was an attempt to make me the bad guy , if you actually thought about that statement it makes no sense Im Scottish we legalised gay marriage years ago . Plus that's crazy brining that into it in the first place your a prick that spits the dummy out if he don't get his own way

  20. #60
    To Be Announced
    Geoffx37's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    278
    Reputation
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    You guys should just agree to disagree though I don't know what it is you're fighting about at all...
    I'm a villain and a "fucking nutcase" because I think an on/off implement to the ultimately trivial trophy system wouldn't negatively affect anybody. Tried to defend that argument and get an answer from someone who doesn't want the trophy implement as to why it would affect them if somebody else were to use it. The answer I got: "Well, I wouldn't use it." Not even an answer to why it's such a hassle that anyone wants it when its existence wouldn't impact anyone negatively who doesn't want it beyond just not using it.

    But no, I'm the immature one in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Look Stan you are saying I would deny gay people marriage because I wont agree with you , that was an attempt to make me the bad guy , if you actually thought about that statement it makes no sense Im Scottish we legalised gay marriage years ago . Plus that's crazy brining that into it in the first place your a prick that spits the dummy out if he don't get his own way
    You just don't get it, dude. You don't. Like I totally see it. You opened the door by calling me a "fucking nutcase," so fuck you for calling me a prick and saying I'm the one who started making you out to be the bad guy when you're the sarcastic ass who couldn't just admit the implement wouldn't affect him or by engaging in a conversation in which I was COMPLETELY polite to you up until you made your remark.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

    Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

    Trophy Checklist

    First Trophy Guide

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO