View Poll Results: Would You Like A Feature To Turn Off Trophies For A Specific Game?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 48.78%
  • No

15 36.59%
  • Sounds Interesting / Possible.

6 14.63%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Would You Like A Feature To Turn Off Trophies For A Specific Game?

This is a discussion on Would You Like A Feature To Turn Off Trophies For A Specific Game? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sometimes I come across a game I feel is to impossible for me to plat, or is just plain right ...

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Would You Like A Feature To Turn Off Trophies For A Specific Game?

Sometimes I come across a game I feel is to impossible for me to plat, or is just plain right ugly & bloody to obtain easily. (Knowing I wouldn't get it) I'd most likely pass it over to my alt account since I don't want uncompleted work on my main. Although what if, one day you insert the game & before start up the game itself asks something like "Would you like to install trophies?" Yes or No?, etc. & there you go, no more unfinished work for games you don't plan on trophy hunting. & NO there isn't a turn off trophies later option, it's either you install them or you don't permanently at the time it asks you. (I'm looking at you trophy guy who wishes he could delete all the 0's%) Something like that.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Retired

YES!

When I'm playing my favourite game Hannah Montanah The Movie... The Game, I don't want people to see my trophies and say he's a trophy whore.

PRO Member

Yea, it would be nice feature to have.At least it's something i'd get a little use out of unlike the majority of the updates.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 9 - Gold

I say Yes because if it is a game I have borrowed off a friend that I will give them back I don't want to get trophies on a game I don't own so would be nice to turn it off for them.

Up the Irons!

Yes, most definitely.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Banned

I voted no, I don't know what I would do without all my 0%'s.

Angel of Death

Yeah. I have a lot of 0% games from friends bringing the game over, and I would like to delete them off my list...

An old-fashioned cowboy

Yes. I remember when I borrowed my friend's copy of GTA IV I choose not to install the trophy patch for that game. Good thing I didn't because I had no interest in playing the game anymore after completing the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    I voted no, I don't know what I would do without all my 0%'s.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Yes. I remember when I borrowed my friend's copy of GTA IV I choose not to install the trophy patch for that game. Good thing I didn't because I had no interest in playing the game anymore after completing the story.

So that's why Patrick and Terrance aren't answering my calls

Game on....

Yes i don't see why not?

You could even play those games that you wouldn't dare add to your trophy list

Forget I Was Ever Here

No, I see the point for everyone trying to get just platinums and 100% like Timeless above but I feel if you could turn it off you won't keep playing or attempt to get the platinum so the developers keep you playing those hours of their game! Just my opinion

It is time for me to go underground

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    No, I see the point for everyone trying to get just platinums and 100% like Timeless above but I feel if you could turn it off you won't keep playing or attempt to get the platinum so the developers keep you playing those hours of their game! Just my opinion
    Yes and that is exactly the reason why this idea will never go ahead. Trophies are a cash cow in the gaming business world.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

No, I'd really rather not.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Don't know about turning off trophies but I would love to see them add a feature to delete games off your trophy list. I always try a game I get a chance to play, but sometimes I don't like it, have only rented or borrowed the game and get stuck with like 50% completion or maybe even 4/5%

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Yes and that is exactly the reason why this idea will never go ahead. Trophies are a cash cow in the gaming business world.

I did say I know why most people would say yes but even the games I have low percentage mainly cause i hated the game i'm proud of them so to speak. It's different between everyone I like the idea but I wouldn't use the feature myself. Nobody does tell us to collect trophies it's just a personal thing we enjoy and for those getting 100% yeah the industry really gets their money from you guys

It is time for me to go underground

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    I did say I know why most people would say yes but even the games I have low percentage mainly cause i hated the game i'm proud of them so to speak. It's different between everyone I like the idea but I wouldn't use the feature myself. Nobody does tell us to collect trophies it's just a personal thing we enjoy and for those getting 100% yeah the industry really gets their money from you guys
    Yep me

worlds biggest welch fan

that would be a good option
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

To Be Announced

Games are games. If a game is good and worth playing, it should be able to stand on its own and players should be invested in it beyond just "hunting trophies." If it's not a good game, then it's not a good game, and should stand as such. I think looking at a game with which you may have an amazing experience and going, "Oh, I won't play it because I'll never be able to get that Platinum" or even "Ugh this game sucks but I'm going to keep suffering through it because I just have to get the Plat" or something along those lines is insane.

However, everyone has the right to want to go for trophies as much as everyone has the right to not go for trophies, and therein lies the grey area between simply saying, "No, no game should have trophy functionality able to be turned off" or "Yes, every game should have the trophy functionality turned on." There are people who hate having 0%'s (or something) for games they never play(ed) or a percentage for a game they truly didn't like and therefore couldn't bring themselves to go for 100% or a Plat just as much as there are people who could care less.

To me, it would seem such an easy implement for games to support on/off trophy functionality before starting that it should exist merely because who would it be hurting? For people who merely want to try a game out without having to worry about a nasty 0% or low % existing forever on their account, they could turn it off and try it out for awhile; if they like it enough, they can turn it back on and start over. For people who don't care, well, it doesn't matter. For people who want to trophy hunt no matter what, then they can leave it on.

I'm not going to sacrifice playing a game I'm interested in because I might not have the time and energy into going for a difficult Platinum just as much as I don't want to suffer through a game to get a Platinum. Would I hate seeing a 0% or low % on my account? Hell yes I would, and fortunately up until now I haven't had to see one. But just because it doesn't bother you or because you think everyone who puts in a new game better go for the Platinum or otherwise they're not a true gamer isn't right.

It should be an option that exists because it wouldn't negatively affect anybody.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Local Drunk

No, I'd rather be able to delete trophies.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

The Stereotype Killer

It's an interesting idea. I only care about trophies on certain games to be honest. Loads of games that I own/owned/borrowed are no where near completed on my list and I'm really okay with it. 'Course I only plat games I reeeeeeeeally like.
    Twitter: Stereotypekillr
    Xbone: Stereotypekillr

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast