Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

PS3 may never get Skyrim DLC

This is a discussion on PS3 may never get Skyrim DLC within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I think it's only fair they provide with us a trophy patch for Oblivion to make peace if Skyrim DLC ...

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

I think it's only fair they provide with us a trophy patch for Oblivion to make peace if Skyrim DLC fails.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Ghost Assassin

So, am I getting this right, they released it on PC and XBOX, but they can't release it on ps3, because of performance issues? I call bullshit on that. They probably just tried to port it from Xbox instead of actually building a ps3 version. Well fine, they won't get my money, so it's not a big loss.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    So, am I getting this right, they released it on PC and XBOX, but they can't release it on ps3, because of performance issues? I call bullshit on that. They probably just tried to port it from Xbox instead of actually building a ps3 version. Well fine, they won't get my money, so it's not a big loss.
    There isn't a chance that Skyrim isn't capable of working on the PS3 just as well as it does on the 360, I smell foul play.
    I think MS just paid Bethesda to lie thinking that PS3 owners will switch to xbox for the complete Skyrim experience, it did win GOTY after all and money talks.
    Besides Bethesda has been in bed with MS since the beginning of this gen, they're very familiar with each others bodies.

Legend...Nuff Said

I'm not surprised. They can't even patch a single trophy that is glitched for Asian market versions. Skyrim is so over-hyped it is crazy and how it got 10s from everything when so many people complain about all the problems in it makes my mind explode. I'm gladly letting it gather dust, and there not being DLC for the PS3 just makes me even more happy to be done with the stupidity of Bethesda.

Now, hate-rant aside, this is just a symptom of an even greater problem. How can anyone trust a product made by Bethesda anymore? People complain about the insane and wide-spread glitches from the last three of three major releases (FO3/NV/Skyrim). Now we have this ridiculousness of a rumor with one system of the game not getting major, key word is MAJOR, content multiple other systems are getting. Add to it one system bought rights to get their content earlier than its competitor, Bethesda is saying 'We don't care about PS3 gamers'. Why as a PS3 gamer should I then trust this company anymore? Why should I give them my hard earned money?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 8 - Gold

i didnt like the dlc anyways.

Indie Game Developer

Ahahahahaha Bethesda confirmed for shittiest developer. At least other studios can actually get their games to run. It's extremely laughable that a company with such high regard and talent can't even get their game running properly on a system that has been around for 6 years. I mean, if a technical masterpiece like Uncharted 3 can exist, the fault CLEARLY lies with the developer.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Most of you are crying little children who have very little concept into what a chore it is to design a video game. Would you prefer them to put a product out thats not ready, or is this thread really just another example of spoiled and weak americans who want everything NOW! I would understand the hate better if the product was out, but its not, sooooooooooooo whats the problem?

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElbowSOUP View Post
    Most of you are crying little children who have very little concept into what a chore it is to design a video game. Would you prefer them to put a product out thats not ready, or is this thread really just another example of spoiled and weak americans who want everything NOW! I would understand the hate better if the product was out, but its not, sooooooooooooo whats the problem?
    Um, let's get this straight: You feel as though this thread is filled with spoiled, weak americans? I'm not complaining, nor do I care for some damn DLC that's filled with basically nothing but broken frames, bugs, etc. People are just venting their opinions about the topic, no need to go off on others. Oh, and how are you gonna say that kind of thing when your from the USA? :stare:

Rangers F.C

Am Scottish and a think we already waited to long already , they made the DLC on Xbox and a got both Xbox and PS3 and the PS3 is a far superior machine , they fucked up the launch of Skyrim and now it seems they are doing a grand job of fucking up the DLC as well , this is down to people not doing there job properly . As a huge Skyrim fan and also a fan not willing to play it on the inferior Xbox this is simply not good enough from Bethesda , they make great games but make them poorly , Bought the New Vegas GOTY edition and it still lags like crazy . They will only end up turning away loyal fans with this continued shit performance .

KCCO!

Thanks for bringing us more wonderful news, Trains!

Quote Originally Posted by Danko1900 View Post
    Not sure about the porting thing, but I definitely agree with this. I find it very hard to believe that the 360 will out-perform the PS3 to the point where a company will refuse to release a DLC for the PS3; something just doesn't seem right.

These companies with their DLC/new content dealings are really ticking me off. Earlier this year, it was announced that PC-buyers of Dark Souls would get additional content not available to console players, right out of the box. There was even question whether or not we'd even see the new content on console, until they announced it would be released as DLC a few months after the release of the PC version. Console players have supported the Souls series from Day One, and the PC get the earlier release of new content? :stare: This has really turned me off to the Souls series.

Now this? I've been a fan of Bethesda and their glitchy games since Fallout 3. Even with everyone criticizing the games, I've stuck by them, supporting their hard work and ingenuity. Games like FO3 delivered a massive amount of content, great storyline, immersive environments, and so forth. However, this PC/360 exclusivity, non-release of DLC, and whatnot is probably the "straw that broke the camel's back." I don't see myself supporting Bethesda titles in the future. While I've loved the last two installments of Fallout, I doubt I'd get the next one because I'm sure there'll be more of this 360-exclusive-for-one-month DLC bullshit.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I donīt care much about Skyrim much, but i love the Fallout series so the next Fallout Bethesda makes, it better not have fucked up DLC.
    Bethesda better not put this one month exclusive shit on the next Fallout because then i am never buying a Bethesda game first hand

Legend...Nuff Said

I'm from Canada, thank you very much. Its sad the trolls can't even troll properly anymore. I blame the troll system, needs more beatings to weed people out.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

PRO Member

*SIGH* Was really looking forward to Dishonored as well.

Bethesda really need to get their shit together.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I think they should build a new ps3 version that works properly, and let us customers trade in our faulty versions with a working one for free.....
    I know, that won't happen, but that would be the only decent thing to do...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Not bothered in 2 ways. Firstly I only played Skyrim for a few hours anyway and wasn't overly fussed about and two I rarely buy dlc. Mw2 & 3 and RDR are the only ones I've bought dlc for anyway so would never have bought this even if it did work.

Banned

gd so now i dont have to spend more money to get 100%

Lvl 9 - Gold

Teach them for porting it from 360.

Platinum Dohvakiin

I've said this in another Bethesda thread. And I'm going to say it again here. Although I love TES series. After nearly 7 years of making PS3 versions of their games. For Bethesda to come out and officially say. That they have no Idea wtf they are doing. Shows just how much or little I should say. They care about the PS3 community.
    I know how hard it is to code a video game. I know the amount of work that has to go into it. But after 7 years and you still have no damn clue how to fix the basic things. Like frame rate, memory and now DLC. Is beyond unacceptable. It's a down right slap in the face. There is absolutely no excuse. For Bethesda to be sending out press releases and blog statements. Stating that they cannot code a DLC for a game on a platform. They've have games coded for, for nearly 7 years. I know it's a new engine. And if Bethesda didn't take into account how that new engine was going to effect their, which can only be described as LIMITED PS3 knowledge. Than that in itself is just as unacceptable. As them not being able to get a DLC to work.
    Because in either case. Bethesda has just pretty much confirmed what a lot of PS3 gamers already knew. They don't give a sh*t. Because it shouldn't take a developer 7 years to figure out how to get a game to work on a certain platform. And it should not take 7 years to still be fixing the same issues for every game they make. On that same platform. Yes the engine is new. With the exact same and now more problems than the last engine. That for the most part. Still only occur on one platform.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Commander McBadass

Xbox 360 = 512mb of RAM
    PS3 = 256mb of RAM
    My PC = 16gb of RAM

They've worked so hard to fix the bugs and lags of skyrim PS3 and yet after 100+ hours the game still lags. In a certain way I understand why they wouldn't release the DLC on ps3, because then people would complain about the extra bugs and lags of the dlc, just like the Fallout 3 and NV Goty were terribly unstable because of the small amount of RAM in the PS3. It's one of the many things that proves we need a new gen of consoles.

My gaming rig : i5 3570k 4 x 4.8ghz
    Asus Maximus V gene z77
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC + Asus GTX 670 DCU II OC
    Corsair Force GS 360gb ssd
    Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4gb 1600mhz RAM

Lvl 7 - Gold

how much ram does skyrim even use on pc ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast