Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

PS3 may never get Skyrim DLC

This is a discussion on PS3 may never get Skyrim DLC within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Colonel_King Xbox 360 = 512mb of RAM PS3 = 256mb of RAM My PC = 16gb of ...

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_King View Post
    Xbox 360 = 512mb of RAM
    PS3 = 256mb of RAM
    My PC = 16gb of RAM

They've worked so hard to fix the bugs and lags of skyrim PS3 and yet after 100+ hours the game still lags. In a certain way I understand why they wouldn't release the DLC on ps3, because then people would complain about the extra bugs and lags of the dlc, just like the Fallout 3 and NV Goty were terribly unstable because of the small amount of RAM in the PS3. It's one of the many things that proves we need a new gen of consoles.
    Bethesda is the issue, not the console
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_King View Post
    Xbox 360 = 512mb of RAM
    PS3 = 256mb of RAM
    My PC = 16gb of RAM

They've worked so hard to fix the bugs and lags of skyrim PS3 and yet after 100+ hours the game still lags. In a certain way I understand why they wouldn't release the DLC on ps3, because then people would complain about the extra bugs and lags of the dlc, just like the Fallout 3 and NV Goty were terribly unstable because of the small amount of RAM in the PS3. It's one of the many things that proves we need a new gen of consoles.
    Well, the RAM comparison shouldn't really be an issue, as most people should be aware by now, the 360 needs more RAM because of all the extra shit it has to be able to do while running a game, like the video/voice chatting and cross-game chat. I'd be curious to find out how much RAM is actually allocated to running games at all times. The PS3's RAM is completely dedicated to a game once it has been launched, which is why the in-game XMB is so slow, as it has to share the RAM.

@ platzreign: Dude~ What did commas ever do to you? And why are you taking it out on periods by abusing them so much?

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by stealthkiller22 View Post
    how much ram does skyrim even use on pc ?
    Think its set to use 2GB at regular settings but you can do a workaround to force it to use more and lets face it most people with gaming PCs have a lot more than 2GB of ram

Lvl 8 - Gold

the problem has more to do with how the ps3 saves information than the ram.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Incompetence at it's best.

#cutformesa

Dawnguard wasn't all that great anyway, but that still sucks.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

PRO Member

The PC version can use up to 4gb of Ram with it's highest settings and it a recommended to have no less than than 2gb to play it. Thats where the console versions have failed, a poxie 256mb and 512mb you kidding me right? Consoles should have at least 1gb if they want to handle games like Skyrim other wise you get what you paid for a butchered game then can barely stand up straight.

Lvl 6 - Silver

You're not missing out much when it comes to dawn guard Shame for PS3 users anyway. I bought it for the PC so

PRO Member

The mod ability alone is a reason to only buy PC versions. The mod community is amazing.
    My civil war quest has been bugged for 7 months and I can't get the plat without starting over...so I said fck it and got the pc version (yes, I know I am giving them more $ but only PC for me from here on out with those Beth-heads stooging up the ps3 "versions")

The Temple of the King

Bestheda should have made it an exclusive for the Xbox if they're not going to give the ps3 edition that much attention.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

The One and Only

You know what? I'm going to spend my money on Skyrim for the PC one day so I can play the DLC's instead of complaining about not being able to play it for the PS3. Time to save up some more money!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 5 - Silver

Haha, that's hilariously awful coding by Bethesda. But then again, when you buy a Bethesda game on PS3, you should just expect shit like this. I'm lucky that I got the PC version, that one was pretty buggy but was fine after a few patches.

☆ Zzz...Zzz... ☆

This really is a no-brainer that this is not acceptable on any side of the fence no matter the excuse (lolConsole, should have bought on PC instead) the fact that they knowingly released a shitty port of their game on this platform and tried to play it off as if it only effected a small amount of users is borderline insulting, not to mention it took months before they did anything about it to rectify the problem with the initial release of the game and now we have this to deal with?

You bet people have the right to be bitchy about it, we didn't pay money for a game on a platform of choice that we support which would turn out to be unfit for purpose for a long time (Y'know that one excuse people like to toss around for mundane shit in a game when it's just used as an overeaction on how they feel) yet this was one occasion that warranted it in full force, and now, we might not even get this DLC because of pretty much the same problem that plagued the intial release of the game? Well shit, isn't that convenient.

It's pretty damn clear at this point that Bethesda games are blatantly inferior on this platform and why should we have to deal with this type of treatment and not speak up about it. I personally feel that knowingly selling a poor product is worse than not selling it at all, and at this point I feel they shouldn't have even bothered with a PS3 release but that's just me.
    ~★|Avatar and Sig made by the amazing Auburn|★~

Lvl 6 - Silver

Not releasing it on the PS3 would have resulted in more bitching though

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Screw you Bethesda.

Lvl 7 - Gold

So tired of Bethesda sucking Microsoft dick and us PS3ers being an afterthought.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 7 - Gold

hmm up to 4 gb well i have 8gb on my pc so i am more then fine

i am still yet to play the game as i brought it while it was 50 percent off on steam . still overseas so cant play yet

PC FTW

i rarely get games for my ps3 now mostly just getting the exclusives everything else i just brought on pc

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This just gives me more time to play Demon souls and Dark souls

Hero of Kvatch

With the size of Skyrim (my save file being 370+ hours), do we really need more content? I'd rather Bethesda concentrated on working on Fallout 4 than dragging out this Skyrim saga any more

"War, war never changes."

INTJ

sony shouldn't of put such small memory in their ps3 then.

it's like the #1 complaint from all the devs, so small memory that you have to be delicate as shit.

random info: PS3 has 256mb Ram, the 360 Has 512mb Ram, PC's usually have 4GB and up now. i heard the wii u will have a GB of Ram available for games when it comes out.

tl;dr Bethdesta can't put it on the ps3 because the ps3 has terrible limitations when it comes to Memory. it's unfixable so devs have to force themselfs around such a low limit. it's why alot of ps3 third party games suffer from worse graphics and performance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast