Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

PS3 may never get Skyrim DLC

This is a discussion on PS3 may never get Skyrim DLC within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 sony shouldn't of put such small memory in their ps3 then. it's like the #1 complaint ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    sony shouldn't of put such small memory in their ps3 then.

it's like the #1 complaint from all the devs, so small memory that you have to be delicate as shit.

random info: PS3 has 256mb Ram, the 360 Has 512mb Ram, PC's usually have 4GB and up now. i heard the wii u will have a GB of Ram available for games when it comes out.

tl;dr Bethdesta can't put it on the ps3 because the ps3 has terrible limitations when it comes to Memory. it's unfixable so devs have to force themselfs around such a low limit. it's why alot of ps3 third party games suffer from worse graphics and performance.

If this was any other developer I might consider these "facts". They're known to make bug and glitch riddled games on EVERY platform. They're known to have lousy game support when it comes to patching these bugs and glitches. This has nothing to do with PS3, but has everything to do with incompetent developers.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Biggest CUN*S of the year awards 2012:

1. Robin Van Persie!
    Money-grabbing judas traitor twat bastard

2. Bethesda!
    Money-grabbing dick-sucking lying lazy fat wankers

3. To be decided...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yet it's a fact that Sony designed PS3 with only 256mb of RAM. Which is a bottleneck for the console... You can't listen music when you play, exitting to the menu can be pain in the ass... I say the problem is typical 50/50 - they should have improved the game quality rather than attempting to launch the game as soon as possible. Quality first !

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Huh. Dreams die hard I guess.
    "I'm loyal to nothing...except the Dream"

- Steve Rogers

Lvl 10 - Platinum

sony shouldn't of put such small memory in their ps3 then.

it's like the #1 complaint from all the devs, so small memory that you have to be delicate as shit.

random info: PS3 has 256mb Ram, the 360 Has 512mb Ram, PC's usually have 4GB and up now. i heard the wii u will have a GB of Ram available for games when it comes out.

tl;dr Bethdesta can't put it on the ps3 because the ps3 has terrible limitations when it comes to Memory. it's unfixable so devs have to force themselfs around such a low limit. it's why alot of ps3 third party games suffer from worse graphics and performance.
    If the ram is the problem why is it that 70-80% of Sony exclusives all have beautiful graphics and run smooth where as some games lag and freeze. I'll tell you why cause developers port the 360 version to the PS3. If developers got off their lazy behinds and developed to each exclusive platform then each version would be good and worth the 60 dollar price tag. Why is it a game like Skyrim is under 10 gig files size even with updates yet God of War III (not even an open world game) is over 30 . How'sa about Madden 13 being under 5 gig. If you ask me developers are playing us PS3 owners like a fiddle and I feel Microsoft is having it that way cause they know if those developers made a version from scratch then it would be better then theirs and people wouldn't buy their machine and jump to the PS3 and SONY would win the console wars for another generation. Its kinda like when the 360 came out and they told people that it will play HD DVD but they never mentioned that you would have to buy a separate player and then people bashing the cost of the PS3 when in reality it was cheaper considering what you get out of the box no strings attached. Don't get me started on how dis likened the PS3 is at least their coming through great obstacles to shine in the end.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    If the ram is the problem why is it that 70-80% of Sony exclusives all have beautiful graphics and run smooth where as some games lag and freeze. I'll tell you why cause developers port the 360 version to the PS3. If developers got off their lazy behinds and developed to each exclusive platform then each version would be good and worth the 60 dollar price tag. Why is it a game like Skyrim is under 10 gig files size even with updates yet God of War III (not even an open world game) is over 30 . How'sa about Madden 13 being under 5 gig. If you ask me developers are playing us PS3 owners like a fiddle and I feel Microsoft is having it that way cause they know if those developers made a version from scratch then it would be better then theirs and people wouldn't buy their machine and jump to the PS3 and SONY would win the console wars for another generation. Its kinda like when the 360 came out and they told people that it will play HD DVD but they never mentioned that you would have to buy a separate player and then people bashing the cost of the PS3 when in reality it was cheaper considering what you get out of the box no strings attached. Don't get me started on how dis likened the PS3 is at least their coming through great obstacles to shine in the end.
    True indeed.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    If the ram is the problem why is it that 70-80% of Sony exclusives all have beautiful graphics and run smooth where as some games lag and freeze.
    because they are developed for just that platform and thats it, they are built on the limitations. They are not multiplatform.

besides most PS3 games dont really look that good anymore, Stuff like the Fox Engine and cryengine on the PC look 100x better. maybe if the texture quality was higher and anti-aliasing was involved sure.

just look at drake face for example, the russian gaming forums go batshit over it

http://i.imgur.com/kkJYi.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhL6Hix5uIw

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Doesn't Bethesda say this for every DLC?

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

Lvl 4 - Silver

because they are developed for just that platform and thats it, they are built on the limitations. They are not multiplatform.

besides most PS3 games dont really look that good anymore, Stuff like the Fox Engine and cryengine on the PC look 100x better. maybe if the texture quality was higher and anti-aliasing was involved sure.

just look at drake face for example, the russian gaming forums go batshit over it

http://i.imgur.com/kkJYi.jpg

Drakeface collection - YouTube
    Lol. Obviously haven't seen UC3. Besides Skyrim's graphics honestly aren't that amazing either. Haven't been incredibly impressed with graphics recently. And honestly I feel Drakeface is a load of crap, rarely/never looks that bad in UC2+3

"Jigglypuff is the Finest"

Lvl 9 - Gold

PS360 you have no idea what your talking about. Drake doesn't look like that at all

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    PS360 you have no idea what your talking about. Drake doesn't look like that at all

it was a in-game screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by GomletX View Post
    Lol. Obviously haven't seen UC3. Besides Skyrim's graphics honestly aren't that amazing either. Haven't been incredibly impressed with graphics recently. And honestly I feel Drakeface is a load of crap, rarely/never looks that bad in UC2+3

UC3 looked like UC2 imo. The lost in the desert scene though was nice. The game was inferior to UC2 Though in about every way though besides that (Writing was terrible for example.) Because all the people that made UC2 Great left the uncharted team for Last of Us.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Obviously just a glitch then I have never seen drake look like that so can't be that common. Just nit-picking as usual.

I enjoyed UC3 equal to UC2

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by MrFudge View Post
    Biggest CUN*S of the year awards 2012:

1. Robin Van Persie!
    Money-grabbing judas traitor twat bastard

2. Bethesda!
    Money-grabbing dick-sucking lying lazy fat wankers

3. To be decided...
    I assume you think every Arsenal player is a traitor then? Because they always leave because they get tired of carrying the team on their backs for a season (sometimes two), just for the team to toally suck anyway.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Obviously just a glitch then I have never seen drake look like that so can't be that common. Just nit-picking as usual.

I enjoyed UC3 equal to UC2
    This. And yeah I don't see how you could see Uncharted 3 as inferior to Uncharted 2, they're both very, very good just as good in my opinion and I felt the Uncharted 3 story was very interesting, possibly better than Uncharted 2's.

"Jigglypuff is the Finest"

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by GomletX View Post
    This. And yeah I don't see how you could see Uncharted 3 as inferior to Uncharted 2, they're both very, very good just as good in my opinion and I felt the Uncharted 3 story was very interesting, possibly better than Uncharted 2's.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Jesus Ps360 do you really have no life that you had to actually find a video that shows flaws of UC3 to try and prove it is a bad game as a fact. Accept people's opinions for once that some people do like the game. Don't you have something better to do with your time than search pointless videos?

INTJ

Jesus Ps360 do you really have no life that you had to actually find a video that shows flaws of UC3 to try and prove it is a bad game as a fact. Accept people's opinions for once that some people do like the game. Don't you have something better to do with your time than search pointless videos?
    Where did i ever push it as fact.

point it out please.

Just because i have videos to help support my opinion doesn't mean it's fact.

unless i said "if you don't agree your a gigantic ass idiot with no life" then i didn't push it as fact.

It seems you can't accept opposing opinions.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

why are people saying the PS3 has only 256MB of RAM? It has 256MB of VRAM and 256MB of system RAM. 256MB+256MB = 512MB to work with.

Rangers F.C

Must not have read this properly but did not realise we were not getting any thought it was just Dawngaurd , that sucks big time

Kal
    Lvl 4 - Silver

and this is why I rarely buy games.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast