Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

PS3 may never get Skyrim DLC

This is a discussion on PS3 may never get Skyrim DLC within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Some bad news for PS3 owners of Skyrim With Playstation 3 owners growing frustrated by the day over the delay ...

Banned

PS3 may never get Skyrim DLC

Some bad news for PS3 owners of Skyrim

With Playstation 3 owners growing frustrated by the day over the delay of the Dawnguardexpansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Bethesda provided an update on Friday to let everyone know where the studio is at with finding a fix for the game's poor performance. The short answer is "no where."
    The Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC has been released to both the Xbox 360 and PC but "performance issues" have kept it off the PS3. The massive RPG has suffered from performance issues since launch and numerous patches have made things somewhat better but not well enough to begin releasing DLC. The problem is apparently so dire that Bethesda has enlisted the help of Sony and is still not sure it can solve the problem.

Bethesda posted the following on the official forums for Skyrim.

Earlier in the month, we provided an update on Dawnguard's status for PS3.It's been a few weeks, and we wanted to make sure everyone knows where we're at with Dawnguard. Skyrim is a massive and dynamic game that requires a lot of resources, and things get much more complex when you're talking about sizable content like Dawnguard. We have tried a number of things, but none of them solve the issue enough to make Dawnguard good for everyone. The PS3 is a powerful system, and we're working hard to deliver the content you guys want. Dawnguard is obviously not the only DLC we’ve been working on either, so the issues of adding content get even more complicated. This is not a problem we’re positive we can solve, but we are working together with Sony to try to bring you this content.
    We wish we had a more definitive answer right now. We understand the frustration when the same content is not available on all platforms. When we have an update, we will certainly let you know. We deeply appreciate all the time and support you have given us, and we’ll keep doing our best to return that.

The studio just announced that the second piece of DLC, Hearthfire, would hit the Xbox 360 on September 4. This news incensed many PS3 owners who have accused Bethesda of favoring other platforms over Sony's console. These complaints drove Bethesda VP Pete Hines to try and explain that Dawnguard is not affected by the development of Hearthfire and other expansions because different teams are working on them.
    The news that Dawnguard's issues carry over to future DLC expansions that Bethesda is not sure it can solve is potentially devastating and definitely a blow to PS3 owners.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/beth...king-with-sony

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm just disappointed.
    They are probably saving me 60+ dollars but I want the DLC.
    I started an archer character just for the dawnguard.
    Fuck BETHESDA and FUCK SKYRIM, I am not even going to play that PoS now.
    "If I could seperate me from my-self, I would probably avoid me."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Cool by me, Skyrim was garbage anyway.
    Truly, we live in the age of shitty games.

Kiwi Defender

I somehow thought this would happen .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Change is mediocre

Legendary...Nuff Said

I'm not really surprised, nor do I care that much.

Skyrim is a big game. I've put somewhere around 150 hours into it, loving almost every second. Paying another $10 for a relatively short (under 10 hours long) DLC isn't really worth it in my opinion. Additionally, the newly announced DLC which is basically, "Sims in Skyrim" doesn't look worth the money either.

Maybe Bethesda will release an amazing DLC later on, but at the moment, it wouldn't warrant a purchase from me anyway.

I kind of just hope they drop the 'bring DLC to PS3' idea altogether so that they can put more focus into future titles. I'd much rather see a Fallout 4 than 5 more Skyrim DLC.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 4 - Silver

"This news incensed many PS3 owners who have accused Bethesda of favoring other platforms over Sony's console. These complaints drove Bethesda VP Pete Hines to try and explain that Dawnguard is not affected by the development of Hearthfire and other expansions because different teams are working on them."

We have the shitty team.

"Roach? Ghost? Come in Ghost. Do you Copy?! Does ANYONE copy?!

The only sane person here

Now I truely question what kind of people can even support these guys

Where The Wind Blows

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm fine with waiting. I'm glad Bethesda is giving the DLC the attention it deserves, making sure when (Not if - do you guys really think they'll openly turn down PS3 money?) the DLC comes out, it won't become another Bethesda joke.

Just get that Dawnguard to me as soon as possible, Bethesda. I've got trophies to earn.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Not so surprised.. I mean, Skyrim was extremely buggy on platform ><
    It's just a flesh wound.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Voltergeist View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm fine with waiting. I'm glad Bethesda is giving the DLC the attention it deserves, making sure when (Not if - do you guys really think they'll openly turn down PS3 money?) the DLC comes out, it won't become another Bethesda joke.

Just get that Dawnguard to me as soon as possible, Bethesda. I've got trophies to earn.
    They aren't working on making the DLC run smoothly and be glitch/bug-free, they are working on making it playable on the PS3. Whenever it get's released, there will be glitches and bugs, because this is Bethesda and their engines are always crappy.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

illegal in 9 countries

This actually makes me more likely to buy Skyrim now than wait for a GotY edition.

Thanks for the fuck-up Bethesda, our 100% completion rates are safer without your buggy DLC.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Sounds like Bethesda's close to throwing in the towel

The Deathly Rhythm

wow Bethesda, ya'll games are always buggy and now u cannot make a single DLC for the PS3, how sad
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Where The Wind Blows

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    They aren't working on making the DLC run smoothly and be glitch/bug-free, they are working on making it playable on the PS3. Whenever it get's released, there will be glitches and bugs, because this is Bethesda and their engines are always crappy.
    There will be bugs, sure, but (like all 'the big' Bethesda games to this point) they won't be anything worth whining about unless you're looking to bitch (like most folks in this thread) or you can't keep a decent saves list. So they'll be narrowing the issues down to PEBKAC errors again, which is all I care about.

Click for some context for this signature. It rotates the lyric every time it's reloaded!

дурак

Welp, trading in Skyrim if that's the case.

I like the Fallout series more than the Elder Scrolls anyway.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Plats-O'-War!!

The massive RPG has suffered from performance issues since launch and numerous patches have made things somewhat better but not well enough to begin releasing DLC. The problem is apparently so dire that Bethesda has enlisted the help of Sony and is still not sure it can solve the problem.
    This let's me know IMHO, that the PS3 will never see a piece of DLC for Skyrim.

PRO Member

Oddly, I can see them adding a trophy patch thus making 100% impossible for everybody on the PS3.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Oh well. Guess Im just gonna have get over my eagerness to play this DLC. Doesn't sound too promising at this point. Now I get what all the comments and hate were about, when u guys were saying Bethesda favors other consoles over the PS3.

Lvl 7 - Gold

It was either a trophy patch for MGS4 or Skyrim DLC. Doom still stands by his choice.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast