Question, are save files region locked?

This is a discussion on Question, are save files region locked? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ok, maybe this is a dumb n00b question, but I have to know.. Are save files region locked? Not sure ...

Galaxy beauty pirate

Question, are save files region locked?

Ok, maybe this is a dumb n00b question, but I have to know..
    Are save files region locked? Not sure if my question makes sense but I'll explain.

A few months ago I bought the US edition of Tales of Graces f and played it up to my second playthrough. I also bought the EU version special day one edition with extra DLC and other stuff and got that version today.
    After I downloaded the dlc, I Popped my EU version in and I got a mssg on screen that the dlc was added. Unfortunately I could only pick the 'new game' option, while I was looking for my last save.
    Then I popped in my US version and my last saves showed up, but not the dlc.

It would really suck if I can't get to my save with the EU version (or get the dlc to show up on my US version), because I waited with getting the plat so I could enjoy the extra stuff (dlc). I'm also at my second playthrough already and have put more then 120 hours in it. How much I love the game, I wouldn't like it to start over.

Hope someone can help or am I doomed? :S
    Sig by Ramon

NSFW

Some games are apparently... Not all. It may have to do something with the DLC, since EU DLC is not compatible with US DLC and vice versa.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I think they are, because even though the PS3 isn't the games in each region are different because of the PAL/NTSC things
    At least that's what I think

Galaxy beauty pirate

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Some games are apparently... Not all. It may have to do something with the DLC, since EU DLC is not compatible with US DLC and vice versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcamicase View Post
    I think they are, because even though the PS3 isn't the games in each region are different because of the PAL/NTSC things
    At least that's what I think
    F*ck. Didn't think about that..

Anyway, thanks for the responses.
    Sig by Ramon