Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Save corrupted....

This is a discussion on Save corrupted.... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; This is the first time I've ever had a save get corrupted on me. I honestly have no idea why ...

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Save corrupted....

This is the first time I've ever had a save get corrupted on me. I honestly have no idea why it happened, but all I know is that I lost by Borderlands save file. I was level 23 as well...

Is there any reason why this is happening? I checked my PS+ save file, and the story is the same. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Cheers.

Rangers F.C

Don't think you can fix it but am level 50 and would help you level up if you wanted , I only have the standard game no DLC

PRO Member

There's a good thread on .org about it. I was able to fix 1 of my corrupted saves using it.

This is the only game i've ever had a corrupted save on as well. It's happened to me a few times playing it. I'd recommend backing up to a flashdrive often.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Javro_07 View Post
    There's a good thread on .org about it. I was able to fix 1 of my corrupted saves using it.

This is the only game i've ever had a corrupted save on as well. It's happened to me a few times playing it. I'd recommend backing up to a flashdrive often.
    lol, don't tell how to fix it or anything

illegal in 9 countries

KR, your corrupted save is dead. You've got three options -

1. Play through to level 23 again.
    2. Join a Crawmerax boost group. One run should be enough to get back your levels.
    3. Download Willowtree on PC and *cough* hack your Borderlands save file.

I don't advocate the latter as you can do all sorts of things with Willow like create infinite shields, max damage weapons etc, which totally ruins the fun of the game (seriously...don't do it), but it is useful for getting back your levels, skills, slots, completed missions etc in cases such as your's.

If you've got the General Knox DLC, it should only take one Crawmerax run to boost you back to where you were. I can help you out there if you want to go down that path.

Personally, I'd just start again. BL is a shit-tonne of fun and it shouldn't take long to get back to level 23.

PRO Member

pasted from .org

How to fix your save:
    To fix your save you will need: 2 saves (including the corrupted one), 2 joypads and 1 PS3.

1: Load Splitscreen mode whilst not connected to PSN.

2: Set the non-corrupt save as Player 1, sign-in your main account as a guest then set the corrupted save as Player 2. NOTE: If your save won't load when you try to set it as Player 2, then it is too far gone to be saved.

3: Choose your playthrough and load the game.

4: If you've done it right then BOTH Characters should load.

5: Wait a few seconds (5-10 should do it) then have Player 2 quit so the game auto-saves and quits back to the Main Menu.

6: Load the formerly corrupted save then go and do, buy or kill something (it doesn't matter what) then go back to the Save Pole and exit back to the Main Menu. NOTE: The very first pole you encounter in the game after you get off the bus will not hard save your progress.

Worked for one of my saves but not a couple of others. worth giving it a go before you start over anyway.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Javro_07 View Post
    pasted from .org

How to fix your save:
    To fix your save you will need: 2 saves (including the corrupted one), 2 joypads and 1 PS3.

1: Load Splitscreen mode whilst not connected to PSN.

2: Set the non-corrupt save as Player 1, sign-in your main account as a guest then set the corrupted save as Player 2. NOTE: If your save won't load when you try to set it as Player 2, then it is too far gone to be saved.

3: Choose your playthrough and load the game.

4: If you've done it right then BOTH Characters should load.

5: Wait a few seconds (5-10 should do it) then have Player 2 quit so the game auto-saves and quits back to the Main Menu.

6: Load the formerly corrupted save then go and do, buy or kill something (it doesn't matter what) then go back to the Save Pole and exit back to the Main Menu. NOTE: The very first pole you encounter in the game after you get off the bus will not hard save your progress.

Worked for one of my saves but not a couple of others. worth giving it a go before you start over anyway.
    Hmm...I'll try that. I don't wanna download a save, so I'll try that.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Dang, I've been reading a lot about Borderlands corrupting saves and I was just about to get the game...
    Is it common? Is the save data copy-protected? Sorry for asking this here, but I wanna be sure before purchasing a game broken like that.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Dang, I've been reading a lot about Borderlands corrupting saves and I was just about to get the game...
    Is it common? Is the save data copy-protected? Sorry for asking this here, but I wanna be sure before purchasing a game broken like that.
    I played over 200 hours of BL, no corrupt saves.

The save's not protected.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    don't play online and u will not get corrupt saves

reason is users are cheating with mods that can infect u

protected but not 100% ill check tomorrow and update my post

Death is Awaiting....

If you can't get it back.. you really didn't lose that much if you were only level 23..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 6 - Silver

It could be the online component as I've never had a corrupt save (yet)and I'm at lvl 36 or something and haven't played online yet.

Sorry to hear about ur corrupt save KR, but thanks for starting the thread as I had no idea about this issue before. Hope everything turns out for you, when I play online eventually I'd be more than willing to help you out with leveling

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by black__bunny View Post
    It could be the online component as I've never had a corrupt save (yet)and I'm at lvl 36 or something and haven't played online yet.

Sorry to hear about ur corrupt save KR, but thanks for starting the thread as I had no idea about this issue before. Hope everything turns out for you, when I play online eventually I'd be more than willing to help you out with leveling
    Cheers. I'm often busy, but hit me up if you have the time.

Gaming since 1985!

Quote Originally Posted by rpg49ers View Post

Not fully true. I only played 1 time online, when I first got the game in 2009. I just recently (about a month ago) had a corrupted file and lost it all. So I don't think my file would be infected that long and just decide to mess up at random.

Retired

I hope this doesn't happen with me when I have the game.

Good luck on your quest back to level 23, I don't know if that's a high level or not though.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hopefully you get your save back. Me too only had this once and it was with F1 2010.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by rpg49ers View Post

Yes, I second this. I rarely played online in Borderlands, except with a few friends, including anti, and had no corrupted saves at all throughout my entire BL playtime. So to lessen the risk of corrupted saves, only play online with friends. ALSO, back up your Borderlands save file often to your thumbdrive, especially since it is not copy-protected! =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 3 - Bronze

update guess i was wrong about the save

u can save it to a usb flash drive if u choice

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Yes, I second this. I rarely played online in Borderlands, except with a few friends, including anti, and had no corrupted saves at all throughout my entire BL playtime. So to lessen the risk of corrupted saves, only play online with friends. ALSO, back up your Borderlands save file often to your thumbdrive, especially since it is not copy-protected! =3
    I had never played it online before actually.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Unfortunately it's just one of those random games that randomly throws in the bug when it feels but, I would just started the game again because its such a blast.

Created by Prosthetic

From here on out Blank friend requests will not be acknowledged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast