The Next Resistance Could be Developed by Insomniac

This is a discussion on The Next Resistance Could be Developed by Insomniac within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Ted Price hints that Insomniac could return to Resistance! Ted Price is surely a man with very little to lament; ...

Banned

The Next Resistance Could be Developed by Insomniac

Ted Price hints that Insomniac could return to Resistance!

Ted Price is surely a man with very little to lament; his development studio Insomniac Games has developed three multi-million-selling franchises on PlayStation platforms. The most recent, Resistance, saw its supposed conclusion last year with Resistance 3.
    While Nihilistic Software has since continued the saga with midquel Resistance: Burning Skies on PlayStation Vita, many believed that Insomniac was finished with their first-person-shooter epic. Heck, Insomniac said as much earlier this year. Now, it seems that may not be the case.
    Answering a fan question about his favorite scrapped weapon from the Ratchet & Clank series, Price spoke instead about his favorite unreleased Resistance weapon, The Tapper. After describing how the weapon would've tapped enemies for blood much like maple trees are tapped for sap, Price finished by saying, "Maybe someday." That statement seems innocuous at first glance, but remember - Price himself stated earlier this year, "We won’t be making any more Resistances."
    Have Price and Insomniac changed their minds on the future of Resistance? Will Insomniac be stepping back to continue the series on PS3, Vita, or even PlayStation 4? Will we ever get to use The Tapper and drain blood like it's going out of style!? Give us these answers and more in the comments below.

Source: Ted Price hints that Insomniac could return to Resistance -- PlayStation Universe

Change is mediocre

Next Resistance? No. No no no no no.

No.

I love Resistance but I do not want it to be milked any more than it may have already been.
    Last edited by dsluckay; 09-01-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Kiwi Defender

But Insomniac said they'd never do another Resistance . I want more Resistance, since I wonder where the hell the Chimera come from and all that, but like luck I'm afraid they might milk it and ruin it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

To Be Announced

I'm pretty sure by his "Maybe someday," he was just suggesting that hopefully one day they can use The Tapper's concept in some way, in some game. This is definitely a case of reading too much into it.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Resistance is dead now, no?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Lvl 6 - Silver

No series stays dead, you should know this by now. God of war, Metal gear solid, Halo A sequel will always be made.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I can only wish!

Rangers F.C

Resistance Fall of Man was a very decent launch title , then 2 was absolute garbage , then when 3 came along thought it would be much the same as 2 but was really impressed with it and would welcome more from the series , think if they were going to do another one they could skip like 40 years into the future or something or even get you to travel through a portal or something and wage war on the enemy planet , 50s America getting old for me

Platinum Dohvakiin

Another Resistance game? ...... Really?.....

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

Saints Row IV

I want a new Resistance, but you will play as the chimeras, go to their planet and shit.
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    No series stays dead, you should know this by now. God of war, Metal gear solid, Halo A sequel will always be made.
    Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is one.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Much like the Infamous franchise, I feel there is no real need for another game and it would be stupid to make one. However I would really love one.I would love to see the Chimera planet - if there is one - but I think that if they set it there it would just be another sci-fi shooter. The appeal of Resistance, I think, is the fact that you're fighting on Earth. Seeing those old school American diners inhabited with bulging aliens is awesome.

Just before R2 came out, the general opinion on the Resistance forums was that the trilogy would end in Russia, where it all began. I thought it was very strange that Insomniac chose not to end it there. If they did make another game I would love it to be in Russia, at the very start of the outbreak. I always remember that woman saying ''When Russia closed their borders'...' or something like that in R:FoM, and would love to take part in the desperate attempt to keep the horrendous secret from getting out.

I disagree with people who fear that they may ruin it by milking it. You must remember that this is the creators of Spyro and Ratchet and Clank. They are not fools. R&C has had loads of games, and is still as insanely awesome as it was when it first launched on the PS2. I doubt they will ever make another Resistance, but if they do, I trust them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 9 - Gold

every series that has a whole bunch of releases at a time (movies or games) need to take a breather, even if its still super popular. even though the Uncharted series is still rockin the top of the charts, its time for it to take a break just to let gamers fell like they can sit down, relax and enjoy the game without worrying if they have enough money in their budget to buy the next game coming out. im not saying i hate resistance, not by a long shot, but its time to just sit back, let the games rest a bit before release another one

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Resistance Fall of Man was a very decent launch title , then 2 was absolute garbage
    I'm sorry, but R2 was garbage? Resistance 2 was the best one of the whole series IMHO. Resistance Fall of Man was a damn good game, and really broke in the Resistance series for the PS3, when Resistance 2 came along, it set the bar even higher in the series. To me personally, I was kinda disappointed in Resistance 3, it didn't have that "punch" like R2 did. Now as far as them making another Resistance game, I surely hope they don't. They will probably ruin the series by milking it like any other FPS out here (Looking at you Call of Duty).

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've yet to play R3, but I have mixed views on whether a fourth game in the series would be good. Like many others, part of me is afraid that Insomniac would in some way tarnish the series' reputation by taking cues from COD or Battlefield or some other FPS franchise. I've enjoyed the first two Resistance games - R:FOM was an excellent shooter, with a decent story to keep things running along, and some fantastic looking monsters to shoot the crap out of. R2 wasn't quite as good, but was still entertaining, with a truly great co-op mode. Hopefully R3 will also prove to be enjoyable.

Like MrFudge said, one good potential storyline would be to make the game a prequel to FOM and set it in Russia, revolving around the creation of the Chimera and building towards their conquest of Europe. Or, it could tell the end of the war by taking the action back to Russia and somehow having the remnants of mankind defeat the Chimera at ground zero, so to speak - where it all began.

Chances are that R4 will not happen, but if it does, I could settle for either of those storylines.

Kid, not loser

I would like it to either be another Vita title(FPS though) or a PS4 launch title. If they just mix 2 and 3, I would be completely happy with it. Add all 3 to the mix would make it even better

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.