Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lasombra Files Episode 19: The Name's Bayonetta, just Bayonetta

This is a discussion on Lasombra Files Episode 19: The Name's Bayonetta, just Bayonetta within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So what’s with this hourglass thing anyways? Suddenly it is starting to fill up magically. You would think there would ...

Legend...Nuff Said

Lasombra Files Episode 19: The Name's Bayonetta, just Bayonetta

So what’s with this hourglass thing anyways? Suddenly it is starting to fill up magically. You would think there would be an NPC or something that would explain why we are dragging this thing around. Are you listening to me V? Hellooooooo...nothing, you’d think she was the silent protagonist of this story wouldn’t you, loyal viewers? Ow, what the hell, this small crablike creature pincered me. Where...did...tha...co...ffff...snore...wha! What just happened? Did that crab just piss on me? My clothes are smelling like...oh hi Miss NPC, who are you? Revealed tonight in Episode 19: The Name’s Bayonetta, just Bayonetta. Right, good for you, what do I do with this hourglass? Carry it to the temple? Great, not only are we in a Japanese RPG we are in every Japanese RPG. Next thing you know there is going to be some kind of disaster that will split the world in two because of a freak esper-created floating island on which some Joker wannabe pushed a few dinky statues aside to laserbeam the world like the Enterprise thought we were a Borg Cube...why is the sky suddenly red?

Disclaimer: This interview is reproduced as written by the interviewee with the exception of spelling and some grammar corrections. Picture copyright of its artist/photographer.

Name:
    John (john3007)

Lasombra: When did you start gaming?

John: I started gaming quite some time ago now and have never ever looked back at all, probably about 15+ years. When I was a lot younger, when me, my brother, sister, mum and dad all lived together, our upbringing wasn’t the greatest because of my dad. My mum used to work all the hours god sent while he sat on his arse so as you can appreciate, things that cost a lot of money was sometimes a luxury we could never have. However, my mum being my mum got us something one day called a Spectrum ZX. For those that don’t know, it’s a key board with a cassette thingy on it. You insert the cassette watch a fuzzy screen for about half an hour while listening to the funny noises it made and then you play once it loaded. From that point on I’ve had/played several things like Commodore 64, Atari, Sega Master System, Sega Mega Drive, Sega Game Gear and pretty much all of the other consoles leading up to the present day with the exception of 1 or 2. So whenever my mum had gotten something like that for us in the past, I’ve been really grateful and I never take anything for granted.

Lasombra: How did you choose your PSN name?

John: Pretty simple really. My name is John (if any of you guys and girls hadn’t already noticed.) and my birth date is 30/07/1983 so put john and 3007 together and BAM! One PSN ID.

Lasombra: What motivated you to become a trophy hunter? What was your initial spark?

John: If I’m being honest with you I can’t quite remember. It’s been so long since I started. What I do remember is getting trophies from some of my earlier PS3 games, mainly the Guitar Hero, Rock Band games and not really being bothered about plats and what not, that’s why if you look so far down my trophy profile you will see some errr blemishes shall we say lol. But then I think I played Prince of Persia and then something just made me carry on getting the trophies and the rest as they say is history. So as time has gone by, every game I have played I try to plat to the best of my abilities and you obviously get more out of the game too even if some games do have silly trophies but these things are sent to test us.

Lasombra: Are you a trophy hunter, platinum hunter, or a specific hunter? (Example: All GoW game hunter)

John: Well I have all the God of War plats, Prince of Persia plats and the rest of my collection is mainly platforming action adventure stuff really. I wouldn’t class myself as a particular hunter tbh, just trophy hunter will do fine for me thank you.

Lasombra: How many hours do you dedicate to trophy hunting?

John: Not nearly as many as I’d like to. I used to play Final Fantasy 7 religiously when it first came out and I remember one of my saves having something like 600 hours ish and then I’d start the game all over again. Time isn’t really a luxury I have these days. I have a full time job and a family of my own so when I get in from work I can’t really take over and say "right, time for PS3" doesn’t work like that for me. I usually get a couple of hours on the ps3 when my girlfriend and daughter have gone to bed early and that won’t always be every night so I just take it as it comes.

Lasombra: What motivates you to go for that next trophy? How do you stay motivated after a long gaming session, particularly with grinding trophies?

John: There are a couple of things that keeps me motivated in those sort of situations. The first being that I have to enjoy the game and I’m sure most if not everyone else is the same. The 2nd is of course that nice shiny new plat after all the hard work you have put into said game. If I don’t enjoy the game well then it becomes hard work because I’m not enjoying it but I will more than likely carry on for the plat any way since I have a nice little streak going on that I’m proud of and I don’t want any more imperfections in my collection.

Lasombra: Have you ever gone through any burnout from your sessions?

John: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. I tried like mad to do the online trophies at first but just couldn’t get anywhere. I left it for so long then decided to go back to it. That’s all I can think of really.

Lasombra: What is your proudest platinum? Why? Was it your hardest?

John: There are 2 I’m chuffed with. Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I won’t lie to you guys, I boosted most of the trophies for AC:B. I went back to it recently as every time I looked at my collection AC:B was the one that stared at me calling me a loser. So I went back to it, put in some time and effort and with help from some good people I got it. MVC3 was just overall really hard for me since I suck so bad at fighting games but this game in particular shows sometimes how determined I can be when I want something.

Lasombra: Do you have a trophy goal for the year? If so, how far are you along in it?

John: I’d be quite happy if I reach 40 plats or more. I know I have 36 plats and you guys will be thinking I’ll do it no problem but I still have FF13-2 to play so no doubt that will take a little time.

Lasombra: Do you believe gamers should be allowed to make trophy hunting teams? Why or why not?

John: I’m not really fussed about this because it would just be full of hackers and plonkers and I just couldn’t be arsed with them. So if it were to happen...great but I wouldn’t be on any team.

Lasombra: Do you think Sony should create a world database with every user’s PSN trophy info for all to see? Why or why not?

John: Yeah why not? I think it would be pretty interesting to see where we would be placed in a table that includes all of us. But once again those god damn hacking plonkers come into play but otherwise I think it’s a great idea.

Lasombra: What tips do you have for someone trying to reach the next level and going after a difficult platinum?

John: None really. Just stick at it and if it’s something difficult your trying to do, you know that 1 little trophy can make you feel like the man/woman after you have done something really difficult but above all, just have fun. That’s what gaming was made for, no?

Lasombra: Regardless of the system, what pre-trophy game would you auto-buy if it was released on the PS3 with trophy support?

John: Let me see:

Guitar Hero 3
    Final Fantasy 7,8,10 (obviously) and 12
    Breath of Fire 4
    Alundra
    Crash Bandicoot 1,2 and 3
    Heavenly Sword
    Mario Kart
    Wave Race 64
    Donkey Kong games from the SNES

I could do this all night baby.

Lasombra: With the trophy competition being set up for the winter, how are you feeling about your all-star team and what do you think your odds are?

John: I’m really looking forward to the comp tbh. If you look at DragonWolf and Stupots's trophy CL's, you will see they have an awesome collection of plats and they earn plats at a damn good rate imo. When they first invited me to their team, I sort of declined because I didn’t want to hinder their progress in the comp and with me only gaming 2-3 hours on a night (if I’m lucky) I wouldn’t be earning plats left, right and centre. I was quickly assured that it is just for fun and I couldn’t say no then. I hope I do the team proud and I’m really happy to be part of an all English team. The only downside is that if I game as much as I can during the comp, I’ve got a bad feeling I may get a case of the YLOD lol.

Lasombra: Recently you've been getting lots of love from the community in the Member of the Month voting. What do you think needs to be done to bring the site to the next level?

John: Well first off I have to say a massive thanks to all that have nominated and voted for me in the past. When I first saw my name being mentioned it caught me by surprise and then others mentioned my name and every time I seen a nomination or vote for me it was really surprising and truly a great privilege to have been thought of so highly by several of the great people on here. There are far more deserving people of the MOTM honour which is why I’m truly humbled to have been thought of by people in the first place. With regards to the site, I’m probably the worst person to ask on this since I wasn’t truly active before the crash and due to my job I’m only ever on when I get home from work for a while. I probably don’t utilise the site to its full potential and to be perfectly honest I like the site as it is. The site doesn’t make the site for me; it’s the people that are on here that make the site for me. That’s one of the main reasons why I keep on coming back.

Lasombra: You are the 10th? 20th? Brit I've interviewed. Yes, I know that's more people than episodes. Have you had the opportunity to meet any of the fellow Brits on the site, or even just game with them online?

John: Yes, I have had the honour of talking and gaming with some of my fellow countrymen on here. Before the site crash I wasn’t the most active of members but since it restarted I just caught the bug for this place and couldn’t get enough and because of that I have met loads of people on here. I have helped D1mech with MvC3 and he has made my sig and avy for me too. I’ve competed against several of Chambers ghost's on SSX and I have also had offers of assistance from Stupot for AC:B online when I went back to that for the plat. I quite often talk to the above mentioned and Timeless-Enigma and DragonwolfVII.

Lasombra: Since your day job is fixing cars, do you have an affinity for car games or do you separate work from play?

John: I definitely separate one from the other in this case. I love my job and when a fancy car comes into the garage every now and then it’s nice to have a little go of them.....after I have fixed it of course. When Gran Turismo was first released on PS1 I couldn’t stop playing it but now I just can’t be bothered with them sort of games. The weird thing is though, the things I like eg. Football (premier league), F1 and cars I wouldn’t think twice about not playing them sort of games, they just don’t appeal to me and I can’t explain why.

Lasombra: D1Mech made you a really nice signature and avatar of Bayonetta. Where does the love for her come from? Why is she the chosen one instead of all the other video game girls?

John: Because I really really enjoyed playing the game and its one of the very few games I kept on playing after I got the plat. It just kept me occupied for ages and she never got boring to look at especially with all those costumes she has.

Lasombra: Dante or Bayonetta?

John: Has to be Bayonetta because I have never played any of the DMC games but I am looking to get the collection as I have heard good things about it and even more so for the new DMC that’s coming because that does look awesome.

Lasombra: Working long hours every day and having a family on top of that, is gaming only a hobby to help you relax or are you into gaming culture as well?

John: It’s really just a hobby to me. I love just chilling out on my recliner, playing on my PS3 and having a few beers, it’s just a great way to relax for me even if I’m trying to get trophies that stress the living daylights out of me.

Lasombra: How did you conquer Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, the game that gave you so much trouble?

John: It was down to several people on here who have trophy CL’s. A little while ago people seemed to be getting the plat for AC:B left, right and centre and its always been the one on my profile that I have looked at and I was really unhappy about not having the plat. So with that in mind I decided to fire that bad boy up again and I just fell in love with it again and I wondered why I gave up on it in the first place but the more I got into it the more it became apparent as to why I gave up in the first place....because it was bloody hard work. I won’t lie, I did boost most of the remaining trophies to get the plat but I had such a great time doing it I was a little sad when I got the plat. I owe that to two great people, one of which is a member on here and the other isn’t. Decadencia is the member on here and Zombimurph is the other chap who helped me who unfortunately isn’t a member on here. Two great guys and of course I had several offers from other people on here to which I’m extremely grateful.

Lasombra: Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood was your kryptonite until you eventually conquered it. What did you do to recover your A game when you took a break from it?

John: Well I just carried on playing my PS3 but not that game. If a particular game is really frustrating I will do my very and absolute best to make good progress or plat it before I give up and leave it for a bit. I never get to the stage where I don’t want to game anymore because that once again ties in with the amount of game time I have these days. I don’t game loads and loads so it’s something I always look forward to no matter what game I’m playing and I don’t really have any procedure to follow should the occasion arise that I do get burntout. I just go with the flow really.

Cough Cough When did the Joker get a spaceship? Why do I not get a spaceship? V? V? V!!! Great, not only did the world get laserbeamed, it’s now pitch black and I’m standing in a campground by a shimmering lake under a full moon. Why do I have the feeling I’m about to get macheted in the back in about three seconds...I said, why do I have the feeling I’m about to get macheted in the back in about three seconds...Oh thank goodness it’s only a normal campsite. But seriously, where is V? Find out in Episode 20: Draw! So I’ve gone from an RPG to a horror movie minus the horror. Well, it could be worse. I could be in an Adam Sandler movie. OOOWWW!!! Where did that golf ball come from? Snaps Fingers It could be worse; I could be in a Playboy movie. OOOWWW!!! Oh come on, you’re not even aiming for the green.

Love it, Hate it, write in the comments below and be heard by the community.

Missed an episode? Check out the Back Issues. No monthly subscription fee either!

Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter
    @LasombraFiles
    Last edited by Lasombra; 10-08-2012 at 08:15 PM.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Crocodile Hunter

Awesome stuff las keep it up

Sig by Apokolypz

Roo Commander

Great interview, good to know a bit more about my mate John who is the only mechanic I know who actually likes his job lol.

Beast Incarnate

Another great interview and about a great guy. Awesome to find out more about John and I hear ya on ACB, annoying beyond belief. I spotted my name in there too

Next week, I haven't got a clue.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Nice interview John. Breath of fire IV and some FF games with trophy support would be awesome.

I have no clue who the next one could be.

Its plugged into the wall

Greatlooking work again Lasombra...

I think the next interviewee is Wyldgunman

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

.. Solar Fields ..

Great interview. John are you 28 or 29 years old? I am 29 years old and i was born on April 1983.... you were born in the same year so i am confused. You must be 29 years old...?

Great taste in games you have John but no Breath of fire III? Shame on you...

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Another great interview

Next time, WyldGunMan?

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Galaxy beauty pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Great interview. John are you 28 or 29 years old? I am 29 years old and i was born on April 1983.... you were born in the same year so i am confused. You must be 29 years old...?

Haha, I was thinking the same.. I'm sure he's 29, but I think Lasombra received his answers already before his birthday.

Synthwave <3

Great interview with John! It was great getting to learn more about such a nice person on here.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

.. Solar Fields ..

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Haha, I was thinking the same.. I'm sure he's 29, but I think Lasombra received his answers already before his birthday.
    Yeah your probably right Artemis

I think we would all like to be a few years younger than we actually are

Synthwave <3

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post

Looks like 3 of us are 29.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

Great interview of John.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Death to zombies!!

Great interview guys Nice to know alittle more about John. Cant wait for the trophy comp

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 7 - Gold

Very nice article. Enjoyed reading it. Nice that somebody can keep things sorted out. Cars in real life but no cars in the media world :p

30STM 23/11/13

Great interview guys
    I started out on the Spectrum too John and i still have it now, was a nightmare to load games on lol

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Nope, nothing

Great read, John
    And you're definitely deserving of MotM, and that's why people keep nominating/voting for you.

Thanks to you as well Lasombra, great interview as always.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

It was a nice interview, thanks for a job well done! I wish I were a mechanic too, messing around with cars would be fun. Either way, keep up the good work, Lasombra, and good luck on MotM, John. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 9 - Gold

Great interview.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

All out of bubblegum.....

As always, great interview Lasombra! BofF 4, but like someone else said, no BofF 3? that one imho was best of series.... Nice to know about you John, and like chambers said, people are voting for you because you are more than deserving!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast