Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Was your younger self better at gaming? =3

This is a discussion on Was your younger self better at gaming? =3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I'm going to say a definite no....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm going to say a definite no.
    " When the clash of swords echo,the journey chasing the past ends and the journey to know today begins. One soul seeks another and pledges their sworn friendship to another. One mystery begets the next and the doors of fate are opened. "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you."Thanks Dsluckay and DJunglist for the platbar and sig!

Lvl 9 - Gold

Probably. I had more time when I was a kid so I was able to destroy most games with no problems. Now that I'm getting older, I have less time to play and less time to practice, etc.. But there are some games I just never lose my touch . Besides, games today are a fk'ing joke when it comes to challenges and difficulty. There might be 1-2 games out of 50 that really give you a challenge where as back then with some games. One slip up, and you had to reset your console to progress forward(starting over)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've definitely gotten much better at gaming in general over the years...I'm only 19 though lol. I kinda suck at certain older games now if I try picking them up...probably just out of practice since it's been so long. I definitely don't rage anymore like I used to if I lose, lmao. I'm much better at shaking things off and not really caring if BS happens.

"The Flames of Revenge? Couldn't even roast a marshmallow."
    Playing: Playstation All-Stars, Metal Gear Solid 4, Tales of Graces, Resident Evil 6, Borderlands 2

Resident PHD

I think I've gotten smarter with gaming. When I was young if I died in a game I would think I wasn't good enough and not that the game was broken. Nowadays I can recognize bad game mechanics and realize that I shouldn't waste my time with it.

On the other hand I have also lost my patience with games as well. In the old days I could play the first couple levels at Battletoads over and over and never give up. I eventually beat it but now I would probably have just moved on to a new game.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Ice Cream Firefighter

hell no I get better with age I never cared less about finishing games as a teen but now late 20's I try to be a game perfectionist

Ghost Assassin

I just keep getting better. If you look at my statistics, from 2008-2009, I was barely getting any trophies, but then the curve rises quite sharply. It's just normal human nature for a person to hone their abilities as they get older. Only Benjamin Button starts off Pro and regresses

Lvl 4 - Silver

No i do not think that my younger self is better at gaming, all these years and i have gotten worse, I don't think so! It takes experience to get better not being young.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'd have to say I'm better now at playing games and I appreciate them more nowadays but when I was younger I was amazed at the things I could do. I didn't care about anything; I just based everything off of how much fun I had playing the game. I graphics have never really mattered to me but I enjoy a good storyline now even if it's a quick game. Case in point, I love the Fallout series because of how many stories are involved and how everything relates to one thing or another.

My problem solving skills are a lot better now but I play a lot different types of games now. I used to be strictly FPS but now I'm more interested in FPS's and RPG's; still not too big into sports. However, I'd definitely kick my younger self's ass at any game... Except maybe Goldeneye. I played that religiously when it came out. However, it's like trying to play against my younger self on Modern Warefare so it's apples and oranges but I'm sure I'd win.

-i- love myself.

Nope my younger self sucked except for when I played Crash Bandicoot, I think I was the bomb at that game. I just keep getting better and better, though.

PRO Member

I'm going to say no... because I used to use a gameshark for most games on ps1 and ps2.. now, they don't make gamesharks for the ps3.

Yes, it was cheating, but it was fun to walk around in god mode or have the best weapons right from the get-go.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Nope, I think that I am waaay better than when I was younger...I couldn't even beat The Incredibles for ps2...-___-

Lvl 1 - Bronze

No my younger self had little patience for most games from when I started playing till I was 23 I only completed
    (and I'm only talking story modes here), Sonic 2 and Final Fantasy VII. Since then (since I started collecting trophies mainly) I've apparently learnt patience and got all the trophies.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm better now. I remember having a shelf of games with saves right at the end boss and never beaten 8 years ago. I gave up far more often, never played on hard, never got all the unlockables/secrets in games. Now I only play on hard or higher, require myself to beat it and unlock everything before moving on to a new game and never leave a game half finished no matter how frustrating. Ive gone from amateurish to one of the best gamers I know if not for skill then for simple perseverence (Not bragging Im not amazing just on the higher end of the stick when compared to my gamer friends skillwise). And I have much better taste than I used to have. Though that makes me a bit picky with what I chose to play.

PRO Mimbur

I'm in my prime right now. I remember when I was younger, I'd get frustrated and bite or throw my controller. I'm more controlled and patient now.

PRO Member

My younger self was definitely worse when it comes to skill. But, back then I had better determination when it came to beating a game. Now I can only play one specific game for a few hours, but as a kid, I could play the same game for a week straight.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well... i'm 38 years old now, so i have to say yes i guess...
    I can see alot of people say no, i like to know their age...

My fingers aren't as quick as 20 years ago and i remember when i was a little kid, i ran through pacman and mario brothers and donkey kong like it was nothing.

PRO Member

That will be retarted we all keep going and so our skills should improve how can that be campared with the past

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well, I was alot better at getting pissed off at games and braking stuff..

Level 5 Esper

ehhh 50/50

I have more patience now for RPGs and playing stuff on crazy hard without rage quitting or flipping through books of guides, but I seem to scream more at my tv now and the occasional controller throw
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

illegal in 9 countries

When I was younger, my friends and I probably spent more time just getting games to run on our ramshackle PC's over dial-up direct connections or at LAN parties than actually playing. These days, gaming is so much easier that I'm gonna say no.

Despite some loss of twitch reaction speed as I've gotten older (though still ok given I'm a life-long gamer), I have the means to enjoy a broader array of games and unlike my younger days, I actually finish some of them! Thank you trophies for keeping track of my progress.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast