Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Was your younger self better at gaming? =3

This is a discussion on Was your younger self better at gaming? =3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; nup i like to thought i was like gettin better...

Banned

nup i like to thought i was like gettin better

Lvl 4 - Silver

Nope...when I was younger I would quit when I got stuck on something lol I I got my ps3 almost 3 years ago so I really didn't start hardcore gaming til I was 23.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Lvl 5 - Silver

I use to be able to play Unreal Tournament with the bots on godlike and go on to annihilate them, guess as the years went on i got preoccupied with studying and girls (or studying girls ) and my skill drop to the level it is today
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps36O View Post
    nup i like to thought i was like gettin better
    Ha!

I'm Spartacus!

Would the real PS360 please stand up. Nah, forget that...I like this one better.

I make my own mayo!

My younger self never put the controller down when he got stuck...

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

PRO Member

I would say that my younger self was both better and worse than my current self at video gaming.
    I beat some tough games in my youth, of which almost every game was back then, including the original Ninja Gaiden games on NES that came out in the early 1990s. Now, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on PS3 finds many ways to kick my butt.
    However, I will also say that with age comes intelligence and patience, even at the cost of "twitchy fingers". I may not play shooters well but I can dissect, analyze and defeat an RPG as well as anyone out there.
    With all that said, gaming skills change with age, just like any other skills. Adjusting to those changes is the key to sucess.

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've got to say that I was a bit more voracious in my youth at gaming, I would play for 8 hours at a time or more if I could. Now as an adult of 34 I can't quite make myself sit in front of the TV and play a game for 8 hours like I could before, I guess you could say life commitments and such help prevent that but even with those aside I find it hard to play for more than 6 hours before I need to stop for a bit.

Now that being said, I would say my skill as a gamer as improved with age. There are many games (and platinums) that as a kid I would've given up on for being to hard. Case in point, about 6 months (or more) ago the new Super Mario Remake came out for the Wii I played through the original SMB with barely a scratch. Even the Lost levels seemed trite...Ok a few levels had me trying a few times, but overall I found it Much easier than in my youth.

My conclusion is that I've become better with age and my dexterity and hand-eye co-ordination has definatly improved!

With age comes wisdom, I don't give up on hard games as much as I would as a kid but the games really don't seem as hard either, maybe it's because I am truly better at gaming now than when I was a child!

(I started playing video games in 1981 when my grandparents bought a PONG unit and I've been playing since! I was born in 1977...do maths! )

Up the Irons!

Nope, not even close. I've improved a lot.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would say better. I'm more cautious of my surroundings & pay more attention to games than when I was younger. Back then I was more careless, would die alot, skip weapons & power ups just to get past a level, just careless. But now it's more attention to detail....Maybe its due to trophies lol.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345