Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Was your younger self better at gaming? =3

This is a discussion on Was your younger self better at gaming? =3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So as of now, I am slaying giants in Shadow of the Colossus when I realize one thing. I had ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Was your younger self better at gaming? =3

So as of now, I am slaying giants in Shadow of the Colossus when I realize one thing.

I had perhaps lost, but not permanently, some of my magic giant-slaying touch compared to 5-6 years ago when SotC was first released. I was a small boy then, and amazingly enough, I remember breezing through both Normal and Hard Mode, and also both Time Attacks. How did I get all those unlockable items? Yeah, I had that parachute, the Queen's Sword, and just about everything else. Did I really do all that while younger?

It is amazing what my younger self was capable of; I mastered the first Metal Gear Solid, slew all the optional Dark Aeons and Penance like butter in FFX International, pummeled through Guild Wars, made Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts look like a pussy, and dominated everything from chocobo races to stealth action in Splinter Cell. I guess the lack of trophies back then did not restrict my gaming prowess from fulfilling its full potential.

I still like to think I am the same ole me, but my younger self really surprised me in this case. What about you?
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Lvl 9 - Gold

When I look back at my younger self, I realise how little has actually changed.

The only difference is now, I actually READ THINGS FIRST.

It's not weird playing old games again, but when you think of when you first played it, f*cking hell....

Lvl 4 - Silver

From a place called south east london - I heard your mum's got bunions... fam what!?

Nope, I only get better
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ManicRipper2?feature=mhee

LOTR: Conquest/COD: [email protected]/Mirror's Edge/Transformers: ROTF/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/MW2/God of War III/LittleBigPlanet/Bad Company 2/COD Classic/InFamous/Uncharted 2: Among Thieves/Trine/Burnout Paradise/inFAMOUS 2/COD: Black Ops/Assassin's Creed II/Anarchy: Rush Hour/MW3/Battlefield 3/Prototype 2/Far Cry 3/Sleeping Dogs/NFS:Most Wanted/FIFA13

Regional Manager of War

Alittle bit and that's because my younger self played games like Ninja Gaiden, Killzone, Halo, Crysis, and WoW till my eyes burned out. As I got older more responsibilities came and alot more freedom to actually leave my house without supervision. I will say as I got older I read more and disected games easier so i won't be stuck at parts for weeks only a few tries

PRO Member

Absolutely not

I'm pretty good now

Lvl 4 - Silver

I have to agree back when I had my PS2 it was easy to beat the hardest difficulties in games but now I dont stand a chance. I wish I could gain that back so I could get more plats
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Lvl 8 - Gold

Not really? Games back then were actually harder. Super Empire Strikes Back for the Super Nintendo is one of the hardest games I've ever played. Some of the games today are easy as hell and consist of a 5 hour campaign while the rest of the developers heart is poured into the multiplayer Dead Space 2 on 'Hardcore' and Demon's Souls were some of the hardest games that I've played in awhile There should be more hard games out there!! Knock these little kiddies dicks in the dirt!!

Lvl 5 - Silver

I guess i'm a better gamer than young s810666.. I'm much more patient than b4, that helps alot

Ray
    Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yer i'd say i got better as i got older, probably because i have more patience now

Game on....

Im think im better at games now than i was when i was younger.

Crocodile Hunter

well im only still 'young' at 18 but i think ive gotten better if anything, before i used to just play the game till i win but now i trophy hunt

Sig by Apokolypz

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Considering that I'm under 18, I"m still young.

Previously I sucked at gaming though - a few years ago that is - and now I can :plat: games like Vanquish.

Nope, nothing

I am much better now then I was in my younger days, except on the really old games that I just don't like to play any more

Lvl 4 - Silver

Nope, I just get better

PRO Member

fuck no...there were games back in the day that i couldnt beat for the life of me and ive gone back and played them in more recent days and i beat that shit with out even thinking and i think to myself "why was that so god damn hard when i was younger!?"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I feel like ive steadily kept up with myself, I Dont game it as much as when I was younger of course (work, girlfriend) I used to be an avid skateboarder and still made time to game it, now I just snowboard and work and do the daily do. I try to game a few hours every day but with the lady giving me shit its harder lol but she is awsome at compromising so it works, so saturdays and sundays are my fundays for gaming but in regards to the post (got off topic lol) I think ive stayed the same if not better, specially now if i wanna plat a game 1st run cuz of time or whatever i play on the hardest difficulty right off the bat, and it depends what game and how difficult it really is im playing Red Faction armaggedon on insane and it doesnt seem too bad, i beat Mass Effect 2 in one run, the hard mode wasnt too bad. It almost seems more fun, like more of a challenge which im always up for. SO ya i would say slow and steady wins the race keep on keepin on!

Lvl 6 - Silver

I feel like my younger self suck and my new self is much more awesome.

Local Drunk

My younger self? I'm not that old, nearly 21. Anyways, no I wasn't better because I didn't really get to play much since my brother owned the PS2 and I had to focus on school.

Prayer Warrior

i don't think so. my older self has more patience and is able to think of better ways to do things besides just the obvious.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

A plat a month!

I'm finding that as I am getting older, my gaming is getting better as well. I guess now it is because I am being forced to play on harder difficulty settings for trophies.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast