Gaming habits you've had or have

This is a discussion on Gaming habits you've had or have within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Have you ever had any strange gaming habits you used to do or still do? Stuff like, on the old ...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Gaming habits you've had or have

Have you ever had any strange gaming habits you used to do or still do?

Stuff like, on the old NES while playing mario or any game you jump in i'd lift the controller up when jumping in the belief it makes you jump higher/farther.

Closing this account

I used to have gaming habits when I had a NES like you mention but I grown out of it when my NES crashed to the floor.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    I used to have gaming habits when I had a NES like you mention but I grown out of it when my NES crashed to the floor.
    lmao same except with a ps2 instead of NES

Don't ruin my moment!

Prayer Warrior

i have a classic gaming habit that i'm sure most people have. when ever a game gets intense i get off the couch and stand up till things calm down.....but sometimes that can take hours lol

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

illegal in 9 countries

As a kid I thought the harder I pushed a button or pulled the joystick, the faster or better the game would respond.
    Several broken controllers later, I figured it out.

I also used to poke my tongue and lean my body in the direction my character was moving

The One and Only

I tend to "think out loud" alot when I'm playing a game, all the time. Only when I'm chatting with others I don't do it.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    I tend to "think out loud" alot when I'm playing a game, all the time. Only when I'm chatting with others I don't do it.
    I do that a little bit. Like one sentence every 10 minutes. Most recently I remember playing the Walking Dead I do it all the time, as I tend to do it most in tense moments so I'll just be playing Walking Dead saying stuff like "WTF KENNY" or 'oh shit oh shit oh shit' all the time.

"Jigglypuff is the Finest"

Lvl 7 - Gold

I used to chainsmoke when I'd play anything at a friend's house. I never smoked in my house, but would burn through a pack over like a 6 hour game session through the night. Definitely my worst gaming habit. Much love to Sony for making the L2 button easy to push compared to the PS1 controllers, because it made it easier to hold a cigarette and play without my gameplay suffering.

I also talk a lot to the games, especially games like Skyrim and Fallout.

I often lean up from my seat at key moments and hard parts of games.

I also have a bad habbit of putting muscle into the controller, especially during sports games, as if the applied pressure will affect things in the game. I have snapped a controller right down the middle into two pieces and zapped myself on the components inside.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    i have a classic gaming habit that i'm sure most people have. when ever a game gets intense i get off the couch and stand up till things calm down.....but sometimes that can take hours lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    As a kid I thought the harder I pushed a button or pulled the joystick, the faster or better the game would respond.
    Several broken controllers later, I figured it out.

I also used to poke my tongue and lean my body in the direction my character was moving
    I use to do both of this when I was younger as well. However, nowadays all I do is yell at the screen when things don't go according to plan.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Cipher sent us to hell

I absolutely must watch the pre-menu cinematics of any new game when I play it the first time. I can't start my initial run without doing it.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

The Last of my Kind

I always change place where I'm sitting whenever I keep failing to do a challenge, or keep dying online as if thats going to change my entire gaming chance and give me a new start or something

I also always double save

whenever I pause a menu I tend to scroll through all of the menu options before I resume

I talk out loud and think out loud, respond to characters, and all that

Used to tilt controller when racing to turn more Especially on GT4 and I still do it on GT5 I guess.

I love to drink orange juice whenever I'm in the middle of a boss battle of some sort or a finale. Idk why..

I think that's all

Thanks to LuckayCanadianShulckayMooseackey for this Signature & Elite Guild Bar. Thanks to RaveNScythE18 & Smashguy for the PPS userbar.

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    I do that as well. Actually more often when I am having trouble with something really difficult I tell myself to calm down, so I stop playing for a few hours to clear my head. When I come back it's usually easier.

I'm sure others do this but when I play driving games I use my controller as a steering wheel even though it isn't.

PRO Member

I used to stand up when things got hectic also i used to lean with the movement of my character especially noticeable in starfox for snes.Tounge hangs out when im in the zone which is the only one i still do being that im getting older.that and talking mad shit to characters during the game and cutscenes love it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I yell..... A lot. if i winning a sports game i tend to yell phrases like "Boooooooom" and "Boooooya" to my tv even thou i never play sports games with the head set on.