View Poll Results: Do you play TBS games on PS3?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely! I love TBS on PS3

25 71.43%
  • I am not playing turn-based strategy games, but I'll make an exception for XCOM

2 5.71%
  • No, I never play turn-based strategy games, I am twitching faster than you!

7 20.00%
  • What are stategee ggames?

1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Would you play a turn-based strategy game on PS3

This is a discussion on Would you play a turn-based strategy game on PS3 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Yes I would. I love games like FF tactics, Suikoden tactics, Kartia etc. I played Agarest of war and enjoyed ...

Galaxy beauty pirate

Yes I would. I love games like FF tactics, Suikoden tactics, Kartia etc. I played Agarest of war and enjoyed it. I'm planning to play Disgaea as well one day..
    Sig by Ramon

Kid, not loser

I loved Valkyria Chronicles and Resonance of fate, so yes I would definitely love to play more.

If they ever make an FF7 remake, I hope they stick to the old turn based battles as well. Also with FFX coming out I will certainly be happy playing that.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I love them but IMHO these are true role-playing games. It irritates me how rpg has been coopted by adventure games.

The One and Only

Nah, not really a kind of game I would target honestly, especially with the many games I am targeting that I'm not getting yet because of the lack of funds.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

I can't say TBS is a "fave", but I don't hate it at all - I enjoy real-time more-so [ C&C, Warcraft, etc. ]. Frankly, I'll play anything at least once, regardless of genre. I'm intrigued by XCOM, but probably won't be picking it up anytime soon - it's not on my radar as I'd never even heard of the series until recently.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I love a good tbs... got hooked on the original Civ on pc.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Absolutely. As long as the game is made well, of course, but that's true for any game. I've been hoping for a new Civilization game to be announced for consoles.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I never got on with SRPGs until I checked out Rainbow Moon, I'll check out some more when I can afford it. Tales of Graces F comes first though

Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, I'm stealing his thunder

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Never been able to get into these games , think its the worst combat you can get
    Agreed once again.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstaSyneri View Post
    Civlization Revolution (no trophies )
    I still think they should do a patch for this game, like the did with Metal Gear 4. Love Civ Rev.

Ice Cream Firefighter

I like TBS but I also like the RTS for the quick thinking

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

That Southern B****

There are quite a bit of tbs games on the ps3. I have played Enchanted Arm(s), Resonance of Fate, and Hyperdimension Neptunia to name a few. The fact that they are turn-based doesn't even register on why I like these games; it's just how they set the game up.

Should they make more? Yes because variety is the spice of life. If every game was the same, why would you play anything new?

Is it for everyone? No, but that's just a fact of life. People have different tastes. For some TBS just might be too slow for them.

As for XCOM, not getting it as I don't even know what it is. If it's one of those civilization type games then for sure no. I don't like those games as for me there is no point. Put something here, put something there, then defend the spot? Nope, not my cup of tea.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    There are quite a bit of tbs games on the ps3. I have played Enchanted Arm(s), Resonance of Fate, and Hyperdimension Neptunia to name a few.

As for XCOM, not getting it as I don't even know what it is. If it's one of those civilization type games then for sure no. I don't like those games as for me there is no point. Put something here, put something there, then defend the spot? Nope, not my cup of tea.
    Well, kind of hard to draw the line between JRPGs that pretty much always use a turn-based system whatsover for their combat resolution and "true" TBS games.

To give you a headstart on XCOM: It's a hybrid game of a "real-time" strategy layer where you hunt and shoot down UFOs, research alien technology, build new equipment for your soldiers etc.

Then, when you have managed to shoot down a UFO, or when aliens attack somewhere, you send a team of troopers to take care of the problem. Those tactical battles are turn-based. Soldiers who survive the battles gain experience and rank and will in theory make your battles against the aliens easier.

What made XCOM (in)famous is that you can lose those soldiers in battle, aka there is permadeath. In normal game mode you can reload from the start of a mission, but if you choose "Ironman" mode, that's it - your experienced soldier is history. In higher difficulty levels that can swing a game against you - as you probably cannot conquer endgame missions with just rookies.

For more links and information you can go to their site: www.xcom.com

In my opinion the best video to look at is the developer live stream from before PAX. That will take 70 minutes of your life, though ;-).

The 1994 PC original is heralded as one of the best games ever and continually is found in "Best 100 video games of all time" lists. I expect this one to be even better.

The Temple of the King

I'm playing a TBS right now in Rainbow Moon. While it may not be my favorite type of game, it's one of the few genres I have no problems getting into.

Thou who seeketh the King's sword!
    I am the Old King.
    Show me thine strength and the strength of thine souls.
    Prepare thyself, brave knight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12