Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bioshock 4 may be in the Works

This is a discussion on Bioshock 4 may be in the Works within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Bioshock 4 may be in the Works BioShock Infinite is scheduled to arrive on Xbox 360 on February 23, 2013. ...

Banned

BioShock Infinite is scheduled to arrive on Xbox 360 on February 23, 2013. But could 2K Games be planning the next title in the series, BioShock 4? A inside source has told us that this may in fact be true.
    When BioShock Infinite was first announced Ken Levine, Creative Director of Irrational Games, stated, “When we announced the release date of BioShock Infinite in March, we felt pretty good about the timing. Since then, we’ve uncovered opportunities to make Infinite into something even more extraordinary. Therefore, to give our talented team the time they need to deliver the best Infinite possible, we’ve decided to move the game’s release to February.”

Gamers are excited to get their hands on BioShock Infinite arriving in 2013, but an inside source has stated that there may be even more in the works. "We have had an exceptional reception of BioShock Infinite by fans which has many of us tossing around ideas for the next title in the series," stated an inside source.

Source:
    Rumor: Bioshock 4 May Be In The Works, Says Source

Dull Ember

Bioshock 4.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Don't they have to release Bioshock 3, first?

Change is mediocre

Yes!

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Yes!

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

PLEASE !!!

Prayer Warrior

let's get infinite released first and see how good it is before i get excited about number 4

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    let's get infinite released first and see how good it is before i get excited about number 4
    Agreed. Need to see what its like before I can even consider thinking about part 4

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by HELLO View Post
    Don't they have to release Bioshock 3, first?
    This is why sequels are so darn confusing. I agree that the title of the article should be "Is the fourth installment of Bioshock in the works?"; but then again that would require some factual information, which is a near-impossible to find commodity in video game journalism.

---

I wouldn't be surprised, and would be quite shocked that they weren't in the pre-planning stages of the next installment. Bioshock: Infinite probably has 2-3 million sales before it is even out - so it's going to turn profit regardless of what the consumers and critics think.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Game on....

Might as well announce Bioshock 5 as well to save time

The Deathly Rhythm

Damn, Can I get ready for Infinite first 2K..
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Buy my book, Alteration

BioShock is the best game of this generation, a fourth will be WELL welcome.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yeah I think this is quite a hasty decision for them as Infinite does have a slight possibility of flopping. Infinite doesn't seem to appeal to the horror market much anymore, a lot of what they've shown is in pretty bright lights, outside, jumping across ropes for super action combat power! Could piss off the horror market like RE5 did. (Says that while having a RE5 trophycard)

"Jigglypuff is the Finest"

To Be Announced

There's a big difference between "tossing around ideas" and "in production." Obviously if the team has had a great experience making Infinite, then it's no surprise they're talking about the future. How many movies and games and books have been made where people involved have "tossed around ideas" for sequels that never happen? Granted, there'll most likely be more BioShock beyond Infinite, but still, this is hardly worth saying it's "in the works" more than it is just them conceptualizing through word-of-mouth. It's no different than us tossing around ideas as to what another BioShock game could entail.
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    There's a big difference between "tossing around ideas" and "in production." Obviously if the team has had a great experience making Infinite, then it's no surprise they're talking about the future. How many movies and games and books have been made where people involved have "tossed around ideas" for sequels that never happen? Granted, there'll most likely be more BioShock beyond Infinite, but still, this is hardly worth saying it's "in the works" more than it is just them conceptualizing through word-of-mouth. It's no different than us tossing around ideas as to what another BioShock game could entail.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would welcome another addition to the Bioshock franchise, although this may be the rumored Vita entry. (is it rumored or is a Vita version confirmed?)

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yeah...let's just see if Infinite lives up to the hype. After hearing two devs left and how the game has been delayed several times I'm not sure it was all fine and dandy for them.
    I'm pretty sure this next BioShock is gonna be for the Vita though.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by GomletX View Post
    Yeah I think this is quite a hasty decision for them as Infinite does have a slight possibility of flopping. Infinite doesn't seem to appeal to the horror market much anymore, a lot of what they've shown is in pretty bright lights, outside, jumping across ropes for super action combat power! Could piss off the horror market like RE5 did. (Says that while having a RE5 trophycard)
    Yeah a saw a video for this a long time ago and thought WHAT THE FUCK .

Lvl 7 - Gold

I agree with all the others who say lets see Infinite first. Why get excited about another Bioshock that's just gonna get pushed back for years like Infinite seems to have been.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

well the next game wont be bioshock 4 since there isnt a bioshock 3 yet as bioshock infinite isnt a sequel, so its more likely the next game in the series will either be a vita game or another offshoot like infinite is, heres to hoping that infinite is great like the original

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast