Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Disc or Digital what do you prefer and where do you think the future will take us...

This is a discussion on Disc or Digital what do you prefer and where do you think the future will take us... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I for one support physical media. I do however see the benefits of digital download or cloud gaming, but I ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

I for one support physical media. I do however see the benefits of digital download or cloud gaming, but I despise it anyway. When you're holding a game in your hands, it's like something magical, you know what I'm sayin'? EF'in mirracles.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm a disc person. Why would I want to spend $60 on a digital copy of something when I could get it on a disc, with a case, and instruction manual (for most games) for the same price? Unless digital games start offering a discount compared to the hard copy, I'll continue to avoid them. The only digital purchases I'll make are PSN games not available on discs.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 6 - Silver

i prefer disc form, at least there's no chance of someone accidently deleting your game from your HDD lol, plus its good to have the box to look at.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well. I prefer disk form since I'm more of a collector. However, I don't doubt eventually we'll move towards a more digital future.

-i- love myself.

I prefer discs,it's healthy for the collection and it would be easier than waiting more than an hours to download a game, but thats just me.

Prayer Warrior

a year ago i would have answered disc in a heartbeat without even thinking about it. but over the past year i have come to love digital distribution aspect and now prefer it. major reason being is i can't trade in and/or sell the game. once i buy it then it's mine for good and there's no getting rid of it unless i delete it. and i would REALLY love it if the psn store started to offer game rentals. that would be so freaking cool to be able to download a game for a weekend instead of waiting for a disc to come in the mail. but hey....that's just my opinon

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 7 - Gold

If PSN would offer a digital Gamefly-like service even for a few bucks more than Gamefly and with a game quota, I'd be on it like flies on manure.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Hardcore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Sparx View Post
    a year ago i would have answered disc in a heartbeat without even thinking about it. but over the past year i have come to love digital distribution aspect and now prefer it. major reason being is i can't trade in and/or sell the game. once i buy it then it's mine for good and there's no getting rid of it unless i delete it. and i would REALLY love it if the psn store started to offer game rentals. that would be so freaking cool to be able to download a game for a weekend instead of waiting for a disc to come in the mail. but hey....that's just my opinon
    I agree with Johnny. Paying like $10 for a 7-day rental compared to a 1-hour free trial.

Signature and Avatar done by apokolypz
    !~General Boosting and Blank General Friend Requests will be deleted. PERIOD.~!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I love physical..nothing beats the feeling of having a physical copy in your hand. Altho I think the future will be digital based. I get a rush outta picking the game up, bringing it home...opening it. Its addictive! You don't get that same feeling with digital downloads.
    All credit goes to Athena
    Got last.fm? http://www.last.fm/user/Metal_Queen666
    All credit goes to Auburn

Lvl 5 - Silver

Disc 100%. I even hate taking up HD space with mandatory game data installs...

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHellraiser View Post
    i prefer disc for two reasons:

1. i can trade them in

2. i can get the awsome packaging smell when i open the wrapper
    Thats actually one of the reasons I like it too But besides that I like the feeling of going to the store and picking it up.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I prefer discs, but I hate it when they get scratched.

Regional Manager of War

Discs only because downloads can take forever to download especially if they are 7GB like InFamous. Also I enjoy looking at the case/nice cover art

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well, my bluray went out in my PS3, so I can't play games anymore. I think I just turned over to digital as my preferred method of purchasing games. I'm of course a few months past my warranty.

Buy my book, Alteration

I prefer discs. Digital's too much of a hassle. Buy like 3 $20 PSN cards or end up having way more than necessary, just too much to take. Discs are cooler.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I prefer disk all da way, i just dont feel the groove just downloading games.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Digital downloading is all very well, but given the choice between downloading a game and buying it on disc, I'd choose the latter every time. I prefer having a physical copy of the game.

I'm the same with CDs and DVDs - I always buy music and movies as opposed to downloading them. Again, I like owning a physical copy, and knowing that the money I paid for it is actually going towards the company/people who made it.

The Deathly Rhythm

I perfer disc, because I want to sell games back to gamestop

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Digital download when available. Right now I can buy the digital copy and play it on several devices at the same time. That would require buying more disc. Digital is just more convenient, it doesn't require any shipping or a trip to the store.

Kiwi Defender

I like discs better, since I feel a certain onwership over the thing, but it'll be dead relatively soon.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast