Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Disc or Digital what do you prefer and where do you think the future will take us...

This is a discussion on Disc or Digital what do you prefer and where do you think the future will take us... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I prefer disc mainly because having a case in your hand just feels so much cooler than seeing a little ...

PRO Member

I prefer disc mainly because having a case in your hand just feels so much cooler than seeing a little icon.

Gotham's Reckoning

I prefer discs to digital anyday.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

disc for sure if its just the data what happens if pc or ps3 breaks. lot of extra work

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I'm liking digital copies of games. Everything has its ups & downs, but I like going to my "Full Length Games" folder & scrolling through to play something. I also prefer my music being digital, I hate CDs. Movies on the other hand, I most definitely prefer Blu-ray discs over downloaded content.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It will be 100% digital one day soon. Even gaming consoles will one day be a thing of the past.

Disc games load slow, they run slow and are very choppy at times. Take the same game on my HDD runs nice and smooth. Why anyone would prefer a disc over a DL version is beyond me.

I hope it goes all digital tomorrow. Getting off my ass to swap a disc is a real pain. Lol

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i prefer disc just because it saves a ton of room on my ps3 hd

PRO Member

I think it's still going to disc maybe smaller. Who know what the future may hold.
    Avatar, Sig and Plat Bar Made by Wadefan1

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    You're 39 years old?
    Me too. We are the OG's around here... Original Gamers.

There is no way I'll ever adopt a download only policy without a significant price drop on new games. The bottom line is that if I don't like a game enough, I can recover some of the cost in the used game market. I think the used game market actually helps the new games market. Without the used game market, I'm very unlikely to buy new IP's. Why take that kind of risk and I don't even know if I'm going to like the game?

Used games I bought: InFamous, Resistance, Resistance 2, Uncharted, Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed 2.

New Games I've bought: InFamous 2, Resistance 3, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Call of Duty 5, 6, 7 & 8 (All Hardened Editions except for 5), Assassin's Creed 3 & soon to be 4.

Without the used market, I might never have even played these games. If we go all digital download, we loose that.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

DISC, DISC, DIIISC. They can't expect us to switch to digital and charge us $60 for it and not even give us a case or manual. Its bull.
    My Platinums:
    AC 2 | AC Brotherhood | AC Revelations | BF:BC 2 | Burnout: Paradise | GoW: Chains of Olympus | GoW: Ghost of Olympus | GoW | GoW II | GoW III | InFAMOUS | InFAMOUS 2 | Killzone 3 | MW 2 | Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time | Red Dead Redemption | UC 2: Among Thieves | UC 3: Drakes Deception

Add me on PSN/Raptr
    MP: Borderlands 2, Battlefield 3, Starhawk, ACIII, Killzone 3

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhealer View Post
    Me too. We are the OG's around here... Original Gamers.

There is no way I'll ever adopt a download only policy without a significant price drop on new games. The bottom line is that if I don't like a game enough, I can recover some of the cost in the used game market. I think the used game market actually helps the new games market. Without the used game market, I'm very unlikely to buy new IP's. Why take that kind of risk and I don't even know if I'm going to like the game?

Used games I bought: InFamous, Resistance, Resistance 2, Uncharted, Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed 2.

New Games I've bought: InFamous 2, Resistance 3, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, Call of Duty 5, 6, 7 & 8 (All Hardened Editions except for 5), Assassin's Creed 3 & soon to be 4.

Without the used market, I might never have even played these games. If we go all digital download, we loose that.
    I wish the Devs and the rest of the industry would use that kind of logic. If they kill the used game market, (good luck ) new IPs would have a lot harder time...
    My Platinums:
    AC 2 | AC Brotherhood | AC Revelations | BF:BC 2 | Burnout: Paradise | GoW: Chains of Olympus | GoW: Ghost of Olympus | GoW | GoW II | GoW III | InFAMOUS | InFAMOUS 2 | Killzone 3 | MW 2 | Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time | Red Dead Redemption | UC 2: Among Thieves | UC 3: Drakes Deception

Add me on PSN/Raptr

Lvl 1 - Bronze

... and not for nothing, a lot of us live in or around big cities, so the internet infrastructure is well built. However, most of the country has no broadband access at all. You go all digital too soon, and the games market just cut off a significant portion of their audience.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhealer View Post
    ... and not for nothing, a lot of us live in or around big cities, so the internet infrastructure is well built. However, most of the country has no broadband access at all. You go all digital too soon, and the games market just cut off a significant portion of their audience.
    I don't have a good download speed so it would take forever for me to download a full game like (for example) Skyrim.
    My Platinums:

Add me on PSN/Raptr

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Fatone View Post
    i prefer disc just because it saves a ton of room on my ps3 hd
    Digital gaming means a bigger hdd would be required which means the price of consoles would go up ALOT.
    My Platinums:

Add me on PSN/Raptr

Lvl 9 - Gold

Im 43 and prefer having the disc in my hand also. I dont mind the digital versions but with that I cant put it on the shelf with the rest of my collection which goes all the way back to the NES. I keep all of my games. To hell with trading them for pennies.

No Matter What

I prefer physical media because I like to feel, and see in person my media, not to mention resale value!
    I do see why digital is good too! It's easier to organize,distribute and it's eco-friendly!

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by VANDRO View Post
    It will be 100% digital one day soon. Even gaming consoles will one day be a thing of the past.

Disc games load slow, they run slow and are very choppy at times. Take the same game on my HDD runs nice and smooth. Why anyone would prefer a disc over a DL version is beyond me.

I hope it goes all digital tomorrow. Getting off my ass to swap a disc is a real pain. Lol
    On Live? Ew. I have 150Mbps Internet speed and the service still suffers from input lag.

And honestly, the increasing capabilities of the PS3 and Xbox 360 has me intrigued. I heard that XBox TV is going to have HBO Go. If I can dump my cable for my game console, I'm doing it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I personally like having the hard copy disc with the box and everything over buying games digitally/through voucher codes. I like to see my collection stack up on my bookshelf.

The future? Well, piracy is where it's headed but the business is still making tons of money.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I prefer to purchase the games with packages so i can sell them in markets

Visit my trophy checklist
    Forum Version

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by VANDRO View Post
    It will be 100% digital one day soon.
    I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. First and foremost, a lot of countries aren't supported by PSN so Sony would be throwing away a lot of customers.

Then there's the issue of internet connections. Not every PS3 owner has one and if they do it can be so slow that downloading a 7GB game will make them give up gaming all together.

Digital distribution of games is on the rise but it won't replace the physical copy market anytime soon.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

disc! i bought splinter cell trilogy off psn causei couldnt wait - now i regret that i dont have it on disk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast