Paint on disc coming off.

This is a discussion on Paint on disc coming off. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The paint of whatever they use on this disc is coming off one of my games. Was wondering if that ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Paint on disc coming off.

The paint of whatever they use on this disc is coming off one of my games. Was wondering if that could render the game unreadable in some places, if readable at all. If that can happen is there anything I can do to the disc to prevent it from spreading even more.

Also one of my games got thrown at a wall by my young brother who got frustrated at the game and now it has a small dent on the side of the disc. Barely not on the reading surface but comes onto that side, should I buy me a new copy or could I get away with playing it now. Has some scratches, so any help on getting them out of a blu ray disc

Change is mediocre

I'm pretty sure it's just a cosmetic thing, the disc should be fine unless there are many scratches on the opposite side of it.

The One and Only

The discs are usually read from the opposite sides of the paint, so there shouldn't be much of a problem I wouldn't think.

And hopefully your younger brother will stop breaking your games.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Closing this account

What are you doing to your games? I have a game that I play almost every day and the paint that is on the top is fine.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I've never heard of the paint on the top coming off before...

Can't think of what could possibly be the cause of that.

Banned

If paint is coming off your disc then what does that mean?
    It means that the heat from your PS3 has caused the paint to gradually melt off, you're either leaving this particular game running for far too long without turning off the system (even if you're not playing it at all times) or you like to put a stick through the ring of the disc and hold it over a fire like it's a marshmallow.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Should have guessed it was roasting all my disc's like marshmallows.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by NASCARfan247 View Post
    Should have guessed it was roasting all my disc's like marshmallows.
    Glad we could help.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

all you have to do is hold the disc up to a light... if there arent any pinholes of light coming through the disc... it will read just fine.... but before using said game make sure there arent any loose paint flakes before putting it in your ps3

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ok will do, there is actually quite a big paint chip in it, very noticable amd there are many pinhole chips in it to. just give the disc a quick brush off before playing it.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    make sure there arent any loose paint flakes before putting it in your ps3
    This is what I would be worried about, you dont want to ruin your ps3 with all the paint bits. I would either find a way to safely get rid of all the paint or buy a new disc.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Crocodile Hunter

What are you doing to your games

Ive got games that were some of the first to ever come out on ps3, not to mention all the pre-owned games in game stores etc and ive never heard of the paint stripping. You should put your game sin a locked cabinet to keep your family from destroying them

Sig by Apokolypz

Angel of Death

As long as there is no residue of anything sticky, your golden. I bought a game from eBay with a sticky residue from a sticker on te disc, and it got stuck in my PS3. I had to use tweezers and a screw driver to get it out. >_>

Lvl 6 - Silver

actually the paint is an important feature if discs in general. the laser shoots light up at the disc and it gets bounced back and read by the laser. if the paint is gone, then it may/will skip/freeze or what have you. this happened to me with harry potter lego, there was a TINY pin hole by the lego logo and because of it at the same point in one of the halls it would freeze. I colored it with a marker and put a tiny piece if tape over it. thats the real problem with discs, not the bottoem scratching, that can be fixed with buffer. the other problem is WHY this is happening!
    good luck

Vive La Révelation!

Paint coming off? You must play that game often.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 9 - Gold

First time I hear of a disc losing its paint...man, you really must play it a lot!
    Or your PS3 is having cooling issues.
    Anyway, you shouldn't let your brother near potentially frustrating games, or who knows what he may do next, ahaha. I do wonder what game he threw at the wall, though.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted