Want to use Keyboard and Mouse on ALL PS3 Games? Eagle Eye is Here for YOU.

This is a discussion on Want to use Keyboard and Mouse on ALL PS3 Games? Eagle Eye is Here for YOU. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I bought this several months ago, and it totally was worth it. All games and genres you can use a ...

Check Those Corners

Want to use Keyboard and Mouse on ALL PS3 Games? Eagle Eye is Here for YOU.

I bought this several months ago, and it totally was worth it. All games and genres you can use a Keyboard and Mouse to game like the old school PC days. Here is a list of what you need in order to use a Keyboard and Mouse:
    - PS3 Eagle Eye Mouse & Keyboard Converter
    - USB Keyboard
    - USB Mouse.
    That is all you need, and you can relive the old gaming days with new games! It really is worth the $59.99 to get this awesome gadget. Here is the link to where you can buy the Eagle Eye:
    Amazon.com: PS3 Eagle Eye Mouse and Keyboard Converter: Video Games

Here are some videos that may/will help you start using/purchase the Eagle Eye:

PS3 Eagle Eye Button Converter (Part 1)
    Part 1(setup) of the Video Introduction on the Eagle Eye Converter by Penguin United - YouTube

PS3 Eagle Eye Button Converter (Part 2)
    Part 2(Game Play) of the Video introduction on the PS3 Eagle Eye Converter by Penguin United - YouTube

PS3 Eagle Eye Review
    Eagle Eye PS3 Review - Convert Mouse & Keyboard into PS3 Controller - YouTube

Happy Gaming!

Game on....

This would be good for games like 'The Sims' And 'C&C Red Alert 3' but i personally i think it isn't needed. Intresting thread

The One and Only

Ah, thanks for posting this CmN. I'll definitely consider this when I get around more money.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Fight the Future

Waiting for ant1 to comment as he has a lot of experience with these types of products. I think he loves his Xim3 converter though.

Platinum Procrastinator

*Waits for ant1th3s1s to show up with his Xim3.*

Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

illegal in 9 countries

No, no, no and no. Don't touch that piece of shit.

That's my older Xim3 setup. I've also bought the recent Xim Edge which uses a DualShock instead of the 360 controller.

The Xim Edge is slightly more challenging to setup, requiring a PC to configure keys etc, similar to the Eagle Eye. The older Xim3 has an LCD screen to do it all on-device. Unlike the Xim3 which works on PS3 via a 360>PS3 USB adaptor, the Xim Edge natively supports PS3 games, so we get the awesomeness that are the Smart Translators for PS3 exclusives.

A DualShock is plugged into the Edge along with a mouse and keyboard, so you can swap between controls in an instant for platforming sections in Uncharted, vehicles in Battlefield, 6-axis stuff in Killzone etc.

My Xims are easily the best peripherals I've ever bought for any platform. I've bought the Eagle Eye, FragFX, FragFX Wireless, Frag'n'Stein and the XFPS for PS3 over the last four years and none of them come anywhere near close to the Xim. They all sit on a sacrificial pyre I plan to burn to honour the Gods of Xim.

XIM3.com. That is all. Works with all games on 360 and PS3. Do not buy anything else.

Lvl 6 - Silver

wow if I wanted to do that... I'd play on my PC.. weird

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by badreligionbomb View Post
    wow if I wanted to do that... I'd play on my PC.. weird
    How many 360 and PS3 exclusives can you play on PC? I'll answer for you...none.

These devices give mousers a better control alternative to the DualShock. I am awful at shooters with a gamepad, but good with a mouse and keyboard.

Crocodile Hunter

Ant1 what the hell is that grey and red buttom monstrosity on the right

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 9 - Gold

Looks really neat, but I don't know any PS3 games that I'd play with this that I couldn't find on Pc, except maybe for Dust 514 (which I didn't really like anyway).

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 6 - Silver

does it work with Rockband?

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Ant1 what the hell is that grey and red buttom monstrosity on the right
    That my friend is a ZBoard (now Steelseries) Fang. It's more or less a cut-down keyboard and it rawks.

Super-comfortable, intuitive and ambidextrous, which is important for lefty gamers who don't use WASD on a keyboard (I use the arrow keys). L1, R1 and left analog stick are mapped to the mouse. The rest of the DualShock buttons, D-pad and right analog stick are mapped to the Fang, wherever feels most comfortable.

They're rare as rockinghorse shit, so I bought three when they were available. You can still find the Fang embedded in the Steelseries Merc keyboards, but that's useless to me as a lefty mouser. I've also got a Logitech G15 Gamepad which is a similar design, but it's geared towards righty mousers and isn't as comfortable as the Fang. If a was a righty mouser, I'd probably get the Razer Nostromo. Righty gamers man...they get all the best gear

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Looks really neat, but I don't know any PS3 games that I'd play with this that I couldn't find on Pc, except maybe for Dust 514 (which I didn't really like anyway).
    I used the Xim for Uncharted 1 & 2, Unreal Tournament 3 (native kb/m sux), Crysis, Killzone 2, Jurassic, inFamous, Borderlands, Crysis, Red Dead, Darkness 2, Mass Effect 2 & 3, Portal 2, MW2, Bad Company, Terminator etc. I prefer playing shooters on console now - you can tweak the crap out of the controls on a Xim to get a game feeling pixel-perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by nullzero00 View Post
    does it work with Rockband?
    Yes, but why would you? The instruments work the best for the intended purpose. Just as mouse + keyboard works best for shooters, steering wheels work best for racers, sticks for fighters etc.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    That my friend is a ZBoard (now Steelseries) Fang. It's more or less a cut-down keyboard and it rawks.
    personally i think zboards are terrible

i own one of the originals when they first came out, it was bad (the z-board part was essentially a giant tumor on a keyboard.) i still have it somewhere

Saints Row IV

I think this will help me at FPS
    Thnx Nasty
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    personally i think zboards are terrible

i own one of the originals when they first came out, it was bad (the z-board part was essentially a giant tumor on a keyboard.) i still have it somewhere

You hate something I like? Who'da thunk'it?

Cut the keyboard off, make it ambi and it's an excellent (if slightly dodgy quality) device. I don't see the appeal of attaching a Fang to a keyboard for righty gamers who are used to WASD, but for lefty arrow-key gamers as a standalone device, it's bloody great. Also, small desktop footprint

I use my Fang for WoW, Guild Wars, PC, 360 and PS3 gaming. It's the most comfortable keyboard I've ever used for gaming, including my G19.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Yes, but why would you? The instruments work the best for the intended purpose. Just as mouse + keyboard works best for shooters, steering wheels work best for racers, sticks for fighters etc.[/QUOTE]

that was the point of the post. you said it works with all genres, so i was busting your chops.

worlds biggest welch fan

If I was good at WASD I'd totally buy one of these XIM pads

but all the WASD veterans would rape the analog stick users. fact
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum